992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Excited to Join the 992 Community!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2021 | 07:45 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

IMHO unless the car is parked with the engine off (with a battery charger connected to keep the battery from dying) the value of the Bermeister simply gets squashed by the sound of the engine and the road noise. I "settled" for the Bose and even with that, I really have to wonder.
The following 4 users liked this post by Bluehighways:
Boulder Mike (01-31-2021), Carcam (01-31-2021), mdrobc1213 (01-30-2021), Russian Mafia (01-31-2021)
Old 01-29-2021 | 08:29 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Not my experience, but to each his own. Have had BOSE in all previous (and current) P cars and it's a good quality option. Decided to try the Burmester on my 992 and I don't regret it. Heard similar comments from some others but obviously not for everyone.
The following users liked this post:
Boulder Mike (01-31-2021)
Old 01-30-2021 | 02:31 PM
Scott Mayers
Intermediate

Great spec and really you can’t go wrong w any spec.

re Bose. I’ve had it in other cars. Have it in my 992s. Had burm in my panamera.

honestly. I think the Bose sucks in the 992. That said w the noise level in the car I wouldn’t spring for the burm either. There’s plenty of lovely music that comes from the back of the car.
Old 01-30-2021 | 02:45 PM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

“In your opinion, is the 992 much different than the 991.2?”

Yes, it’s quite a bit better. I wondered if they pulled the short shift kit from the “T” as it is a bit shorter throw, a little crisper, and the clutch engages better. This is the best manual/clutch combo that I’ve ever had.

You know that as a 991.2 owner, I wanted to hate this 992. I only took one out on a lark while I had some service done at the dealership. I just wanted to understand what the fuss was about and validate that it couldn’t be that much better. I came back from the test drive and placed an order. I have had zero regrets. However, coming from an NA engine, you might be a bit nervous. All I can say is that you won’t have the stomping growl of that engine, but the incredible power and torque will win in the end, lol.
Old 01-30-2021 | 11:01 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Boulder Mike
You bring up a lot of great points. With respect to RAS, I purposely didn’t spec it on my 991.2 GTS as I convinced myself I couldn’t miss something I never had. It’s also more parts that could break. I’m torn on this one as there’s a group of well-informed Rennlisters that are very strongly in one camp or the other on RAS. I need to go re-read all the threads on RAS now lol!

Interesting that you bring up the extended range fuel tank. I was thinking this week that I’d like to take the c2s on a few long winding summer trips into the high country. Perhaps this is would be a good investment. I’m also thinking of wasting $ on the aluminum pedals. I had them on the 50th and love the look.

Lastly, I’m surprised no one brought up the fact that I didn’t spec Bose. I might need to add that as well. This car is getting expensive!
I would add Bose as I hear the base sound system is lacking. Burmeister now way spending that much of stereo given the time spent in the car and sound and acoustics. Don't think the squeeze is worth the gain from a $$ or acoustic gain standpoint. Have had Bose for the past 4+ Porsches's and worked well. FAL is preferential...if you need it you KNOW you need it! Driveway scrapes and severe inclines along your general drive will present themselves over and over and so in my 991.1 w/SPASM I definitely would have preferred it...in my 992 not so as I specifically neglected SPASM for that reason as the extra drop and tightened suspension didn't make much of a difference for me in my driving pleasure and needs. But you have to decide that for yourself. PDDC is not needed IMHO in such a low car and given the suspension and driving dynamics of the car. RWS I've heard great things about but never have seemed to have needed it in my driving so guess don't know what I am missing.

As for colors...I had Agate Gray on my last 2 P-cars (991.1S and 981S) and loved it but wanted something different. Chalk always caught my attention and it is unique w/out getting into PTS territory in cost and ability to get yet you do not see them that often. In intense lighting it does look one way and under cloudy days and less light it softens a bit an looks another and at night depending on lighting the gray really comes out more. Each time I do see it however I am struck by the color and so far everyone who has seen it complements it on the color and says it looks much better than Carrera White Metallic or basic White. Chalk also it seems hides dirt a bit better than the all white cars without looking like a dull white car IMHO when dirty. It is much like Fashion Gray and a compromise from my favorite Audi color Nardo Gray! Wife veto'd Nardo Gray on my Audi RS but really liked Chalk on my 992...go figure. Agree see them in person and in sunlight and different settings to eee what you think! And congrats on the new car!

My chalk 992 tint day! (outside)

992 Delivery pic #3 (inside)
The following 2 users liked this post by mdrobc1213:
Boulder Mike (01-31-2021), ribold01 (01-31-2021)
Old 01-31-2021 | 12:02 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
IMHO unless the car is parked with the engine off (with a battery charger connected to keep the battery from dying) the value of the Bermeister simply gets squashed by the sound of the engine and the road noise. I "settled" for the Bose and even with that, I really have to wonder.
I’m looking forward to queuing up my New Age Chill and Grow playlist whilst I engage in spirited driving.
Old 01-31-2021 | 12:31 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
Not my experience (with Burmester in my 992).
Old 01-31-2021 | 06:19 PM
Boulder Mike
Pro

Well I had the pleasure of meeting "inastrangeland" this weekend. Super nice guy. I really appreciate the time he took to show me his car. I have to say that I was blown away by the 992 C2S. Words don't do it justice. But I'll try anyway:

Interior-
1- I can't believe what an overall upgrade the interior is over the 991.
2- The 4-way seats were roomy and comfortable yet still very sporting. Also great seating position. I don't think I need to try any other seats. The 4-ways were perfect to me. Best Porsche seats I've ever sat in by a mile.
3- I'm completely sold on the sport-tex. In person, its sporty and definitely does not look or feel cheap. In fact it has a richness to it similar to hounds tooth but It actually seems higher quality and more durable than the hounds tooth in my 50th. It also looks much better in person than in pics.

Exterior-
1- The 992 looks so good in person. It has the same 911 elegance as previous versions but an extra edge or aggressiveness (in a good way).
2- Chalk is beautiful. Still leaning hard towards chalk but haven't completely ruled out CWM.

Ride-
1- I wasn't expecting this but the 992 seems leaps and bounds above the 991.1 and 991.2. It really does have two personalities.
2- Unbelievable throttle response. Seriously felt like a 991.1 NA engine just faster (much faster).
3- The car has an Akra exhaust and Soul 200 cell cats and sounded absolutely amazing! Much better than my 991.2 GTS. At one point, I thought it sounded almost NA-like. This was my first experience in a 992, so I hope the stock exhaust is not a let down.

Thanks again inastrangeland for the meet up! You have been extremely helpful in my decision making!.
Soul Performance (02-01-2021)
Old 01-31-2021 | 06:28 PM
Boulder Mike
Pro

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
“In your opinion, is the 992 much different than the 991.2?”

Yes, it’s quite a bit better. I wondered if they pulled the short shift kit from the “T” as it is a bit shorter throw, a little crisper, and the clutch engages better. This is the best manual/clutch combo that I’ve ever had.

You know that as a 991.2 owner, I wanted to hate this 992. I only took one out on a lark while I had some service done at the dealership. I just wanted to understand what the fuss was about and validate that it couldn’t be that much better. I came back from the test drive and placed an order. I have had zero regrets. However, coming from an NA engine, you might be a bit nervous. All I can say is that you won’t have the stomping growl of that engine, but the incredible power and torque will win in the end, lol.
Thank you Dan. Appreciate the additional thoughts on the MT. I'm even more excited now.

I saw another 1or 2 threads where someone was asking about the 991.2 vs the 992 and you said something to the effect of "try the 992 and see for yourself." I get it now after my meetup with inastrangeland. The 992 is on another level. And I'm not knocking 991.2s; they are great cars.
Old 01-31-2021 | 06:29 PM
inastrangeland
Burning Brakes

Well I had the pleasure of meeting "inastrangeland" this weekend. Super nice guy. I really appreciate the time he took to show me his car. I have to say that I was blown away by the 992 C2S. Words don't do it justice. But I'll try anyway:

Interior-
2- The 4-way seats were roomy and comfortable yet still very sporting. Also great seating position. I don't think I need to try any other seats. The 4-ways were perfect to me. Best Porsche seats I've ever sat in by a mile.
3- I'm completely sold on the sport-tex. In person, its sporty and definitely does not look or feel cheap. In fact it has a richness to it similar to hounds tooth but It actually seems higher quality and more durable than the hounds tooth in my 50th. It also looks much better in person than in pics.

Exterior-
1- The 992 looks so good in person. It has the same 911 elegance as previous versions but an extra edge or aggressiveness (in a good way).
2- Chalk is beautiful. Still leaning hard towards chalk but haven't completely ruled out CWM.

Ride-
1- I wasn't expecting this but the 992 seems leaps and bounds above the 991.1 and 991.2. It really does have two personalities.
2- Unbelievable throttle response. Seriously felt like a 991.1 NA engine just faster (much faster).
3- The car has an Akra exhaust and Soul 200 cell cats and sounded absolutely amazing! Much better than my 991.2 GTS. At one point, I thought it sounded almost NA-like. This was my first experience in a 992, so I hope the stock exhaust is not a let down.

Thanks again inastrangeland for the meet up! You have been extremely helpful in my decision making!.
Great to meet you Mike. Glad to hear it helped you solidify some of your choices. Keep us updated on your Porsche buying process.
Old 01-31-2021 | 06:29 PM
Boulder Mike
Pro

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
I would add Bose as I hear the base sound system is lacking. Burmeister now way spending that much of stereo given the time spent in the car and sound and acoustics. Don't think the squeeze is worth the gain from a $$ or acoustic gain standpoint. Have had Bose for the past 4+ Porsches's and worked well. FAL is preferential...if you need it you KNOW you need it! Driveway scrapes and severe inclines along your general drive will present themselves over and over and so in my 991.1 w/SPASM I definitely would have preferred it...in my 992 not so as I specifically neglected SPASM for that reason as the extra drop and tightened suspension didn't make much of a difference for me in my driving pleasure and needs. But you have to decide that for yourself. PDDC is not needed IMHO in such a low car and given the suspension and driving dynamics of the car. RWS I've heard great things about but never have seemed to have needed it in my driving so guess don't know what I am missing.

As for colors...I had Agate Gray on my last 2 P-cars (991.1S and 981S) and loved it but wanted something different. Chalk always caught my attention and it is unique w/out getting into PTS territory in cost and ability to get yet you do not see them that often. In intense lighting it does look one way and under cloudy days and less light it softens a bit an looks another and at night depending on lighting the gray really comes out more. Each time I do see it however I am struck by the color and so far everyone who has seen it complements it on the color and says it looks much better than Carrera White Metallic or basic White. Chalk also it seems hides dirt a bit better than the all white cars without looking like a dull white car IMHO when dirty. It is much like Fashion Gray and a compromise from my favorite Audi color Nardo Gray! Wife veto'd Nardo Gray on my Audi RS but really liked Chalk on my 992...go figure. Agree see them in person and in sunlight and different settings to eee what you think! And congrats on the new car!

My chalk 992 tint day! (outside)

992 Delivery pic #3 (inside)
Stunning! Thanks for sharing! I'm definitely leaning chalk and adding Bose.
Old 01-31-2021 | 06:41 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Interior-

Exterior-

Ride-

Please enclose your check c/o... Now if you only lived a couple of miles closer...

siberian
Old 01-31-2021 | 06:45 PM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

Thank you Dan. Appreciate the additional thoughts on the MT. I'm even more excited now.

I saw another 1or 2 threads where someone was asking about the 991.2 vs the 992 and you said something to the effect of "try the 992 and see for yourself." I get it now after my meetup with inastrangeland. The 992 is on another level. And I'm not knocking 991.2s; they are great cars.
What a great guy to do that for you. That’s just awesome and glad for your experience.

Quick Reply: Excited to Join the 992 Community!