Sponsored by:

Best Laser Jammer

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2021, 11:44 AM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,093 Likes on 2,115 Posts

Originally Posted by WonderBuck
In states where jammers are legal, why is it necessary to coneal the jammer's use by quickly slowing, deactivating the jammer, and allowing the officer to get a reading? I would think that some hard documentation of your speed would be necessary in order to get a speeding ticket to stick. Is the slowing and deactivation method recommended in order to avoid making the officer angry, motivating them to ticket you for other infractions or motivating them to make a special effort to radar you in the future?
We don't want them to become illegal. If you annoy enough officers, they may become illegal. Granted, it's a very small percentage of people that have jammers, but you don't want to add attention to yourself.

Also, at least in Ohio, they're able to write you based on a visual estimate of your speed. Would this hold up in court? Not sure. But I don't want to find out.
Old 01-27-2021, 07:50 PM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,610 Likes on 817 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGWORM
All the laser stuff is a gimmick to me. If they point it at you, you are caught. So what you want is RANGE. So that if someone else does get lasered up the road. I want to know. I'm not trying to beat the laser. I'm trying to know its being used. Just my 2 cents.
^ The problem with this is that a laser detector, like the one in the Uniden R3 I just bought, is unlikely to detect a laser far away unless it is pointed directly at your car. And at that point, it's very likely too late
The following users liked this post:
detansinn (01-28-2021)

Quick Reply: Best Laser Jammer