Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door plate rattle.... how is it removed?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2021, 12:56 PM
mrmichaelsankey
Racer

Received 242 Likes on 147 Posts
Default Door plate rattle.... how is it removed?

Ok, I’ve got a rattle in the passenger door (UK, so think mirror image for lhd cars)

Any idea how this piece is removed? Screw from behind or just pops off?

might be another rattle lower in the door but one at a time...

picture of offending piece.....

Old 01-23-2021, 01:05 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,337 Likes on 1,391 Posts

If it's rattling IN the door, I would remove the door paneling as something may just fall out when you do that. The piece shown has an electrical connector and I "assume" is held on by tabs or clips accessible from the inside once you remove the panel (and connector). I'm not sure you'll see much if you manage to just pry the lock mechanism out from the front. Safer to remove the door panel IMHO. Good luck

siberian
Old 01-23-2021, 01:10 PM
mrmichaelsankey
Racer

Originally Posted by siberian
If it's rattling IN the door, I would remove the door paneling as something may just fall out when you do that. The piece shown has an electrical connector and I "assume" is held on by tabs or clips accessible from the inside once you remove the panel (and connector). I'm not sure you'll see much if you manage to just pry the lock mechanism out from the front. Safer to remove the door panel IMHO. Good luck

siberian
Thanks!

As we are in “full lockdown” at the moment I might see if the local dealer tech can do a video call to discuss.

200 miles in, only issue so far 🤞
Old 01-23-2021, 02:54 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

It's not rocket science and I'm sure there's a how-to on youtube. Just be aware there's usually hidden screw(s) (one) in the door handle or such. The rest are under or by the rubber door seal at the bottom of the door (3 screws or so).

siberian
Old 01-23-2021, 04:38 PM
mrmichaelsankey
Racer

Going to get the wife to drive this week from cold (all rattles are worse when cold) so I can be a passenger and get poking around for the rattles.

If the paper I’ve jammed in works then I’ll speak to the techs at East London about a fix, more rattles and they can have it in to fix them.

Im voting for “Friday afternoon door”, put it together and hope for the best as it’s 16:30 on Friday and the beer is calling!
Old 01-23-2021, 04:58 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,711 Likes on 1,277 Posts

Screwed in from behind. It's part of an assembly that will probably need to be replaced as it's not something that has separate serviceable parts.
Old 01-23-2021, 05:56 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Forgot to mention there's probably a screw under the inside door latch as well... Agree it's not a serviceable part; but it could be loose...

siberian
Old 02-10-2021, 10:17 AM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Received 640 Likes on 392 Posts

If it’s the same rattle I had the dealer fixed it pretty easily. So much better now :-)
Old 02-10-2021, 11:13 AM
mrmichaelsankey
Racer

Picking up tomorrow as we have been snow bound until today, plus I didn’t want to drive the C2S loaner in the snow on it’s summer Pirelli Pzeros.

Strangely the loaner battery died today, AA man said “has it got a tracker? Yep, that’ll suck the life out of it!” He fired it back up and we let it run for 45 minutes. hopefully it starts tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Door plate rattle.... how is it removed?