Sponsored by:

Etched Paint from Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2021, 12:23 PM
LifesAnesthesia
Racer

Received 179 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Sorcerer 11
If this is happening after 4 days then I'm just wondering what you do if you were to go away on holiday say and leave your car (any car) outside for a week or more at the airport perhaps? Does that mean your car is trashed by the time you are back?
Genuine question.
I'm not sure. Personally, my cars stay in my garage and when it comes to leaving cars at the airport, I take my beater (which ironically has Xpel and Opticoat because it's really not a beater per say lol), but even then, I park my beater in the airport garage so it's covered...I will say my detailer said heat guns really can work magic on Xpel and ceramic coatings (as others mentioned on this forum) so I'd be inclined to say it would maybe be ok?
Old 01-24-2021, 04:12 PM
Sorcerer 11
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by LifesAnesthesia
I'm not sure. Personally, my cars stay in my garage and when it comes to leaving cars at the airport, I take my beater (which ironically has Xpel and Opticoat because it's really not a beater per say lol), but even then, I park my beater in the airport garage so it's covered...I will say my detailer said heat guns really can work magic on Xpel and ceramic coatings (as others mentioned on this forum) so I'd be inclined to say it would maybe be ok?
Ah ok. Yes my fun cars stay in the garage too and only leave the daily drive outside, or at car parks at airports etc. Unfortunately where I am all the airport parking is open air, so there is no option but to leave it outside, but interesting to hear your detailer and others here
said that heat guns work magic on Xpel and ceramics, as my Porsche dealer has just re-painted my gloss black side skirts on my TTS and then arranged for a very well known PPF company to apply it. I am now going to see how they hold up.
Also,I am genuinely pleased that your bird poo episode was resolved satisfactorily.

Quick Reply: Etched Paint from Dealer