Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Park Assist with surround view VS. Surround View Camera System

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2021 | 12:24 PM
commie
Instructor

Default Park Assist with surround view VS. Surround View Camera System

I am in Canada, and just placed an order for a 2021 C2S, but I still have some time to make changes to the configuration. Right now I have the Surround View Camera system selected as an option, but noticed that in the Premium package, there is the Park Assist with surround view. Are these the same thing?
I didn't select the premium package on my build, but I did select a few of the individual options, wondering if I should just switch to the premium package. Then I would drop the surround view camera?

The premium package($6500) in Canada includes the following:
PDLS
Bose
Park Assist with Surround view
LCA
Ventilated Seats
Power Folding Mirrors
Ambient Lighting

I have selected Bose, LCA, and power folding mirrors from this list. Plus the surround view camera. Does it make sense to go for the package and drop the surround view camera?

Thanks
Old 01-22-2021 | 01:14 PM
mranderson
Advanced

They are the same thing. If you select the surround view camera individually and THEN go select the Premium package, it will say that Surround View is already selected. I also see that where it says Park Assist with Surround View is only in the description.

I would say if you have selected most of the items in the Premium Package then selecting that would give you more value.
Old 01-22-2021 | 01:26 PM
jdanza22
Instructor

Question

Question regarding surround view
Does it give you a good enough look forward to the extent of seeing a wheel stop or a curb when parking to avoid the front of the car making contact and scraping ?
Old 01-22-2021 | 01:55 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jdanza22
Does it give you a good enough look forward to the extent of seeing a wheel stop or a curb when parking to avoid the front of the car making contact and scraping ?
Yes. You can see the front lip of the car forward.
Old 01-22-2021 | 02:08 PM
gcurnew
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jdanza22
It also has a Side view...which shows precisely how far away you are from a curb. It removes virtually any risk of curbing a wheel...although it is harder to see curbs at night if the area is not well lit.
Old 01-22-2021 | 02:16 PM
gcurnew
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by commie
I am in Canada, and just placed an order for a 2021 C2S, but I still have some time to make changes to the configuration. Right now I have the Surround View Camera system selected as an option, but noticed that in the Premium package, there is the Park Assist with surround view. Are these the same thing?
I didn't select the premium package on my build, but I did select a few of the individual options, wondering if I should just switch to the premium package. Then I would drop the surround view camera?

The premium package($6500) in Canada includes the following:
PDLS
Bose
Park Assist with Surround view
LCA
Ventilated Seats
Power Folding Mirrors
Ambient Lighting

I have selected Bose, LCA, and power folding mirrors from this list. Plus the surround view camera. Does it make sense to go for the package and drop the surround view camera?

Thanks
I've had PDLS on previous Porsches and found it more a gimmick than a useful light upgrade. Don't have it on my 992 and don't miss it a bit...in fact, I'm more of the opinion now that unless you're specing optional lights for looks, the standard lights are more than adequate. Bose, Surround View and LCA are all options I wouldn't want to do without, but not much need for ventilated seats in Canada. Power folding mirrors unnecessary as the hips are as wide as the unfolded mirrors; if mirrors are getting hit then so are the hips. Ambient lighting is pure bling...if you like that kind of thing that's great, but standard lighting is also more than adequate. Personally, I'd just order Bose, LCA and Surround View separately (which I did) unless you see value in the other items.
The following users liked this post:
steve9 (01-22-2021)
Old 01-22-2021 | 04:00 PM
Stevelev
Rennlist Member

Thank you guys, I've found this is a very useful thread. Although my current cars don't have surround view, I've decided my next car will. I've benefitted from the PDLS lights - the "bending" headlights driving down a winding country road at night is quite noticeable. Although I'm also in the Great White North, I love the ventilated seats in summer (especially with the top down) as it gets hot and humid for few months of the year. For me, the Premium Package upgrade is only $230. more and provides all the bells and whistles I want as well as the few items I have no interest in (folding mirrors/ Ambient light etc). Although I'm in no rush for a 992, I just put in a formal request with my local dealer for an allocation and hope to get in the coming months. Unfortunately, I was told delivery of new car will more than likely occur no sooner than close to the end of the year ...
Old 01-22-2021 | 04:04 PM
dgasmd
Instructor

Of all the options for the 992, I found the Premium package to be one very very well worth the money for money spent compared to usability.
The following users liked this post:
ced4jets (01-22-2021)

Quick Reply: Park Assist with surround view VS. Surround View Camera System