Sponsored by:

Downpipe

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2021, 01:48 PM
Fone T
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Downpipe

Hi there!! I'm new to this 911 ownership, I would like to get some advice on downpipes. Looking to improve sound+ throttle response, currently debating between these two options; to go catless or 100/200cell. Any inputs and information will be very much appreciated!!! Thank you
Old 01-18-2021, 03:31 PM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,614 Likes on 819 Posts

Congrats, there are other threads about this topic, including the one below. Several people here have bought 200 cell sport cats, particularly the one made by Soul Performance Products. I have one on the way as well:

https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1227...r-novices.html

To my knowledge, there aren't many people in this forum who have gone catless

Last edited by Tupper; 01-18-2021 at 03:34 PM.
Old 07-11-2022, 07:00 AM
mtcmotorsport
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello you can contact us, At mtcmotorsport, we deal in different car products and we love to guide you with your queries and help you choose the best downpipe according to your needs.
Old 07-11-2022, 08:18 AM
Wiems
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by mtcmotorsport
Hello you can contact us, At mtcmotorsport, we deal in different car products and we love to guide you with your queries and help you choose the best downpipe according to your needs.
looks like the Porsche products listed are for the Turbo and Turbo S only.
Old 07-11-2022, 07:55 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,145 Likes on 3,010 Posts

Originally Posted by Fone T
Hi there!! I'm new to this 911 ownership, I would like to get some advice on downpipes. Looking to improve sound+ throttle response, currently debating between these two options; to go catless or 100/200cell. Any inputs and information will be very much appreciated!!! Thank you
With a 911, you’ll want to do sport cats. That will get you the sound that you’re looking for. Keep the original cats for when you sell the car.

Catless? You’re going to get the noise that you’re looking for from the sport cats. For a car driven on the street, I’d run with some kind of high efficiency/sport cat setup, because 1) Catless literally smells, 2) You’re going to draw attention to yourself from law enforcement and an increasing number of states/locales are cracking down on that kind of modification, 3) You’re much more likely to run into warranty issues running a catless setup.

Quick Reply: Downpipe