Sponsored by:

Coding Wants

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2021, 08:26 PM
Hormazd Dalal
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Coding Wants

I have plenty of time, because the car wont arrive until late April or May, but there are a couple of US restrictions that I wish to remove/enable.
  1. PDLS+. I want these to work as designed, where they dynamically darken the area for on coming traffic or the car in front.
  2. Cab roof activation from keyfob. (I know there is an aftermarket module available, but why?). Also not sure if the non US cars have a different fob to enable this.
Any ideas?
The following users liked this post:
992Sam (01-18-2021)
Old 01-17-2021, 11:57 PM
Mb111
Rennlist Member

Received 184 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Hormazd Dalal
I have plenty of time, because the car wont arrive until late April or May, but there are a couple of US restrictions that I wish to remove/enable.
  1. PDLS+. I want these to work as designed, where they dynamically darken the area for on coming traffic or the car in front.
  2. Cab roof activation from keyfob. (I know there is an aftermarket module available, but why?). Also not sure if the non US cars have a different fob to enable this.
Any ideas?
I just installed the mods4cars roof activation. Very easy with more functions than just activating the roof (windows).
Old 01-18-2021, 10:39 AM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,135 Likes on 3,006 Posts

Any ideas?
Someone got a quote for taking on #1. The first RennList'er to do it will be a hero in the 992 community.
https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1225...piwis-3-a.html
Old 01-18-2021, 10:47 AM
ronflax
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 20 Posts

Agreed! I'd really like to have this work as advertised.
Old 01-18-2021, 01:33 PM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Received 640 Likes on 392 Posts

Subscribing to keep up-to-date on whether somebody solves this :-)
Old 01-18-2021, 02:04 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,373 Likes on 747 Posts

Using PIWIS 3 I managed to activate the windows up and down with the key fob.

the top requires an euro key fob with the 4 buttons, Although the American version has the electronics for the 4th button underneath, not sure if functional.
Attached Images   
The following 2 users liked this post by John Mclane:
aggie57 (01-18-2021), bobblehead (01-18-2021)
Old 01-18-2021, 02:40 PM
992Sam
Three Wheelin'

Received 826 Likes on 458 Posts

Any ideas?
Agree, also subscribing incase of a update... I heard the US DOT was why the PDLS+ isn't working for us... we have to lobby them to get on this approval process.
Old 01-18-2021, 04:26 PM
Hormazd Dalal
Racer

Originally Posted by Mb111
I just installed the mods4cars roof activation. Very easy with more functions than just activating the roof (windows).
What other options. Do tell.
Old 01-18-2021, 04:54 PM
Mb111
Rennlist Member

Received 184 Likes on 89 Posts

mods4cars Online Shop

Remote window operation independent of roof (open/close windows with fob), one touch up/down for the windscreen - ability to turn on/off hazards while top is opening / closing. leaving windows up/down after remote opening / closing It's a very easy install and you can also specify whether you want to push the buttons a number of times to activate the features or hold down for the same number of seconds to activate. It's not a massive features upgrade but it was easy to install, it's not break the bank expensive, and it works well every time I've tried it. It's a summer tool and I'm in the heart of winter in New York right now - talk to me in 6 months and I bet I'll be singing its praises even more, but I'm very satisfied with it.
Old 01-18-2021, 06:48 PM
Hormazd Dalal
Racer

Originally Posted by Mb111
mods4cars Online Shop

Remote window operation independent of roof (open/close windows with fob), one touch up/down for the windscreen - ability to turn on/off hazards while top is opening / closing. leaving windows up/down after remote opening / closing It's a very easy install and you can also specify whether you want to push the buttons a number of times to activate the features or hold down for the same number of seconds to activate. It's not a massive features upgrade but it was easy to install, it's not break the bank expensive, and it works well every time I've tried it. It's a summer tool and I'm in the heart of winter in New York right now - talk to me in 6 months and I bet I'll be singing its praises even more, but I'm very satisfied with it.
Thanks, good to know.

Quick Reply: Coding Wants