Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

21 C2S Cab just delivered...first impressions...

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2021, 02:21 PM
mrmichaelsankey
Racer

Received 242 Likes on 147 Posts

Give the tyres some time, and check those pressures.

My C4S coupe was very noisy on the F1s to start, and I’ve slowly reduced the pressures to mid way between normal and comfort when cold, mucho improvements!

900 miles in and she’s much better, just not acoustic glass macan levels of quiet.
The following users liked this post:
gohawks23 (03-11-2021)
Old 03-11-2021, 02:30 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

Received 358 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by mrmichaelsankey
Give the tyres some time, and check those pressures.

My C4S coupe was very noisy on the F1s to start, and I’ve slowly reduced the pressures to mid way between normal and comfort when cold, mucho improvements!

900 miles in and she’s much better, just not acoustic glass macan levels of quiet.
Yep, I'm gonna mess with the tire pressures a bit today as they are on higher side of comfort levels...will try 31/34 area.

And yeah my wife has a 20 X3 with acoustic glass and it is a quiet highway cruiser!
Old 03-12-2021, 12:50 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,830 Likes on 954 Posts

Originally Posted by gohawks23
Yeah, suspension seems firm but not punishing.
Does the car have PASM Sport (SPASM)?

My understanding is that unlike what Nick Murray says, the SPASM option doesn't just lower it 10mm, there are other aspects of the Sport Suspension including changes to spoiler height, stiffness, etc. and that without SPASM you don't get a Sport mode for the suspension, just the active suspension management.
Old 03-12-2021, 12:58 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
Does the car have PASM Sport (SPASM)?

My understanding is that unlike what Nick Murray says, the SPASM option doesn't just lower it 10mm, there are other aspects of the Sport Suspension including changes to spoiler height, stiffness, etc. and that without SPASM you don't get a Sport mode for the suspension, just the active suspension management.
Yep, I have sport package so PSE and SPASM...car is tight firm and noisy like I expected but still learning how to dial it into my preferences since I haven't been able to drive much so far.
Old 03-12-2021, 01:31 PM
4carl
Race Car

Received 1,176 Likes on 628 Posts

I’ve had mine for two weeks about 500 miles so far. I also have a manual transmission they’ve done a superb job on the shift linkage and clutch interaction. I had a GT 4 the shift linkage was more solid but less fluid.They’ve done a good job of combining performance with comfort. Compared to my GT4 for it rides like a Buick. My only issue like many others on this board of are technology related. Can’t get porsche connect to connect neither can the dealer. The garage door interface is a joke. Doorhandles don’t always work like they’re supposed to.I’m hoping software updates will come down the road and straighten stuff out. Good thing I’m kind of a low tech guy anyways. I never understand how to use every piece of technology I have. I do love the way the car drives and handles. Carl
Old 03-12-2021, 01:41 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 4carl
I’ve had mine for two weeks about 500 miles so far. I also have a manual transmission they’ve done a superb job on the shift linkage and clutch interaction. I had a GT 4 the shift linkage was more solid but less fluid.They’ve done a good job of combining performance with comfort. Compared to my GT4 for it rides like a Buick. My only issue like many others on this board of are technology related. Can’t get porsche connect to connect neither can the dealer. The garage door interface is a joke. Doorhandles don’t always work like they’re supposed to.I’m hoping software updates will come down the road and straighten stuff out. Good thing I’m kind of a low tech guy anyways. I never understand how to use every piece of technology I have. I do love the way the car drives and handles. Carl
Ha, as stated elsewhere I have electrical engineering background so the electronics are pretty easy for me to figure out (and justify their operation/non-operation) but mechanical things like dialing in tire pressures/chassis settings/blind spot mirror settings, etc takes some experimentation for me!
Old 04-02-2021, 08:30 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

Well, just to wrap this up almost 3 months after taking delivery of my new 992...I live in a very walkable city and had recently decided to take a break from work and was not driving much so replaced a manual F80 M3 with an X3 to make my wife happy...and then pandemic hit a few months later and I got bored and ordered a Porsche...lol!

So, my final comments on experience:
-Rennlist is a great place filled with a lot of nice and knowledgeable people and the whole ordering and posting and changing process was awesome!
-Super fast and great handling car, of course...seats, the stick, the looks were all great...can't really complain about much.
-But, also and even after playing with tire pressure...very noisy (to me) and my already somewhat hearing challenged ears (tinnitus runs in the family)...I really feared I was going to make them worse the more I drove this car.
-We had just put our condo up for sale because I really wanted to get a real garage again instead of high rise parking spot...but then pandemic hit and I still went thru with order even knowing going into this a 911 is not the most practical of cars...living in high rise makes it a real pain with not being able to store anything (like golf clubs) in a trunk...or be able to easily wash it or even see it...heck, a trunk in the city really is my garage! Looking back and I gave it thought back then I should probably just have forfeited my $2K deposit and gave back to dealer but I didn't want to back out on my word.
-I initially loved hearing the engine/exhaust but then started to really wish I could hear music and phone calls...and even listen to sports talk on AM without having to stream!
-After initial excitement upon delivery and partially due to weather I wasn't driving it much but I just found myself not really caring about going for drives in it...it was like oh well its a really nice fast car but I can walk or run pretty much anywhere I really need to go and driving down 8 floors and dealing with traffic to get to somewhere I could open it up was making me skip the process...SO, and this is all on me, I guess I have a general boredom with cars anymore and living in not the best place for this car along with more interest in my running, hockey, etc. and no need to drive because walking to bars/restaurants/grocery, etc. led me to sell.
-It's kind of stupid but it is a $150K 'investment' so I worried about it sitting in my spot which was gated/secured but also 13 floors away from me where I couldn't just easily poke my nose into garage and see.
-After about a week on Car Gurus it sold with end result being minimal cost out of pocket to drive for 3 months...the experience was well worth it to try out a true enthusiasts 2 door sports car...it helped me to figure out I am not one of those.
-I will not replace until we live in a house with a real garage again but I'd probably lean towards another sporty sedan like my old M3.
-To all, enjoy your 992s and best wishes...it was nice getting to know some of you!

Last edited by gohawks23; 04-02-2021 at 08:47 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by gohawks23:
Boulder Mike (04-02-2021), mobilis (04-02-2021), SBAD (04-04-2021), Tupper (04-02-2021)

Quick Reply: 21 C2S Cab just delivered...first impressions...