UK dealers & discount for 992 custom order

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2021, 06:49 PM
Domingos
AutoX

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow UK dealers & discount for 992 custom order

Hi there!

Had a quick look around, but could not find any similar info on the forum.
The brexit trade deal should soon be signed as well by the EU, and that gives me some peace of mind to go on with a 992 Turbo S custom order.
I live in London and it is the first time I purchase a Porsche. As such, was looking for advice from UK owners of what is the best way to proceed with finding a Porsche dealer, as well as any warnings or not to-dos during the whole process.
I am planning to email a few dealers around London and even probe the Silverstone Centre to ask about allocations and if they can provide firm delivery dates (which I hear given the pandemic are all getting delayed - so I'm guessing there won't be any guarantees). As such, how many months should I expect to wait for delivery? Also, it seems US dealers are easy to give even a minor discount. Can I expect the same from UK dealers given I will likely go all out on the custom (with plenty of exclusive) options?

Again, any advice is very welcome!
The following users liked this post:
chong0 (01-03-2021)
Old 01-03-2021, 01:19 PM
findtom
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 88 Posts

Discounts in the UK? I believe there are very few allocations for 911s let alone Turbos in the UK this year. You might struggle to get a discount, but you never know....
Domingos (01-03-2021)
Old 01-03-2021, 01:41 PM
Ascayman
Track Day

Received 38 Likes on 12 Posts

I put a 5k deposit down on a targa 4s in the first week of October. Got a call mid November saying they had a cancellation and if I confirmed my spec by the end of the day I could have that cancellation which I did and the car arrived in the UK last week (not collected it yet)

No idea if I was lucky or if it was all part of the game. What I do know is that one of my friends was also buying a 911 and the exact same thing happened to him.

No discount although to be fair I didn't even try.

I used Porsche Colchester if that helps at all.
The following 2 users liked this post by Ascayman:
Domingos (01-03-2021), JustChris (01-15-2021)
Old 01-03-2021, 01:53 PM
Xtralarg
5th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Domingos
Hi there!

Had a quick look around, but could not find any similar info on the forum.
The brexit trade deal should soon be signed as well by the EU, and that gives me some peace of mind to go on with a 992 Turbo S custom order.
I live in London and it is the first time I purchase a Porsche. As such, was looking for advice from UK owners of what is the best way to proceed with finding a Porsche dealer, as well as any warnings or not to-dos during the whole process.
I am planning to email a few dealers around London and even probe the Silverstone Centre to ask about allocations and if they can provide firm delivery dates (which I hear given the pandemic are all getting delayed - so I'm guessing there won't be any guarantees). As such, how many months should I expect to wait for delivery? Also, it seems US dealers are easy to give even a minor discount. Can I expect the same from UK dealers given I will likely go all out on the custom (with plenty of exclusive) options?

Again, any advice is very welcome!
C2C cars are showing a 2% discount. I haven't gone any further with this yet, im planning a 992 order in the next month or so.
Old 01-03-2021, 02:33 PM
Domingos
AutoX

Originally Posted by Xtralarg
C2C cars are showing a 2% discount. I haven't gone any further with this yet, im planning a 992 order in the next month or so.
you mean Coast2Coast Cars? But that's not even an official Porsche dealer.? I believe 911 allocations might already be scarce, how would they be able to get one? Is there any real advantage of using non-official dealers, besides a possible small discount?
Old 01-03-2021, 02:36 PM
Domingos
AutoX

Originally Posted by Ascayman
I used Porsche Colchester if that helps at all.
can I ask what was the configurator MSRP price and the final OTR price you paid? Or maybe the difference between the two?

Old 01-03-2021, 02:57 PM
Xtralarg
5th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

you mean Coast2Coast Cars? But that's not even an official Porsche dealer.? I believe 911 allocations might already be scarce, how would they be able to get one? Is there any real advantage of using non-official dealers, besides a possible small discount?
Hi,

I believe that you pay the OPC direct, the website states that all cars come from authorised dealers. The Turbo is also showing a 2% discount and built to spec.

It's worth looking into, nothing ventured....

https://www.coast2coastcars.co.uk/car-quote/
Old 01-03-2021, 02:57 PM
Ascayman
Track Day

Received 38 Likes on 12 Posts

can I ask what was the configurator MSRP price and the final OTR price you paid? Or maybe the difference between the two?
Yeah I went a bit nuts on the options. £133k.

No discount but as I said I didn't try for one.

Code here

PM1PZKX9
Domingos (01-03-2021)
Old 01-03-2021, 03:54 PM
chicco 992
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

i know that's the left hand configuration is different, but here in italy, i am talking with a dealer for a targa , ready to pick up, with an interesting configuration an a 10 % discount.
Old 01-03-2021, 03:56 PM
chicco 992
Rennlist Member

https://finder.porsche.com/it/it_IT/911-Targa-4S-224731
Old 01-06-2021, 10:20 AM
Domingos
AutoX

And then in the end, there's just no allocations for the Turbo S for 2 years lol.. 9 dealers in and around Greater London all say the same.. Some people who put down the deposit 1y ago are still waiting for their turbo S. Between that, the pandemic slow down and the already extremely limited numbers UK dealers are given, their allocations for the next 2 years are already filled with customer orders. I can only hope they vaccinate people quickly, get the economy and factory going, and then maybe clear all those builds out so I can then order a 992.2 Turbo S...
Old 01-06-2021, 11:02 AM
chicco 992
Rennlist Member

And then in the end, there's just no allocations for the Turbo S for 2 years lol.. 9 dealers in and around Greater London all say the same.. Some people who put down the deposit 1y ago are still waiting for their turbo S. Between that, the pandemic slow down and the already extremely limited numbers UK dealers are given, their allocations for the next 2 years are already filled with customer orders. I can only hope they vaccinate people quickly, get the economy and factory going, and then maybe clear all those builds out so I can then order a 992.2 Turbo S...

terrible, it's a situation only for the right side... in the rest of europe there are many turbo and turbo s free to pickup. it's a glaring mistake in production planning for the "right hand markets"...
steve9 (01-06-2021)

Quick Reply: UK dealers & discount for 992 custom order