Sponsored by:

Thoughts on my build

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2021, 07:01 PM
malba2366
Three Wheelin'

Received 753 Likes on 426 Posts
Default Thoughts on my build

I am getting ready to order a Targa 4s. I have attached my build below...please share your thoughts.

I spaced the adaptive cruise control just to get the automatic braking, I am not really interested in the cruise control
Does anyone know if the black headlights cuts down on light output vs the clear ones? The black ones definitely look nice, but I don't want them if they reduce light output.
What are the opinions on the 930 package?
I went for Rear axle steering, but skipped PDCC. Is PDCC worth getting in a Targa?

http://www.porsche-code.com/PM1KX998
Old 01-05-2021, 07:05 PM
frankchn
Pro

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by malba2366
I am getting ready to order a Targa 4s. I have attached my build below...please share your thoughts.

I spaced the adaptive cruise control just to get the automatic braking, I am not really interested in the cruise control
Does anyone know if the black headlights cuts down on light output vs the clear ones? The black ones definitely look nice, but I don't want them if they reduce light output.
I went for Rear axle steering, but skipped PDCC. Is PDCC worth getting in a Targa?

The black headlights just have some trim in the headlight housing in black instead of silver. Shouldn't make a difference on light output.

I think with the heavier weight of the Targa, PDCC can be useful. That said, if you are looking just for a road car and not planning to take it to the track or pushing it hard, you can save your money too.
Old 01-05-2021, 07:31 PM
WhitBroo
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by malba2366

I have a Targa on order. The only major difference between our builds was PDCC is part of my build. After reading the various forums it just seemed like the right thing to do with the increased weight higher in the car. No idea about the black headlights but I selected them also, thought they looked better on a lighter colored car. I really like the 930 package on Red/Bordeaux interior. Also selected ACC. As frankchn indicated also you may want to option PDCC, being it's a Targa.
Old 01-06-2021, 11:55 AM
BOSSOB
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

Have PASM in my C2S which I find to be more than adequate for spirited, non track use.
Old 01-06-2021, 12:07 PM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 4,154 Likes on 1,468 Posts

PDCC is so worth it coupled with Rear Wheel Steering. Have it on my Cab S, its fantastic. Car and Driver refers to it here as well (Oct 2020 issue)

I have Adaptive Cruise in my Audi E-Tron - its probably similar to the version Porsche uses - personally I don't find it that good, wouldn't pay for it on a 992 unless I was doing a lot of interstate driving.

Old 01-06-2021, 12:08 PM
malba2366
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by BOSSOB
Have PASM in my C2S which I find to be more than adequate for spirited, non track use.

I think the consensus is that for the coupes the PDCC is unnecessary. The Targa has a couple hundred extra pounds high up in the car, so some will say that PASM makes a decent difference with these models.

Last edited by malba2366; 01-06-2021 at 03:47 PM.
The following users liked this post:
aggie57 (01-06-2021)
Old 01-06-2021, 12:48 PM
Richard_Wallace
Rennlist Member

Received 1,679 Likes on 750 Posts

Just one thought on your build (looks terrific btw). On my 992 C4s coupe - I have the Matrix headlights on mine (not the blacked out). I would probably not opt for it. While it is supposed to be approved for use in the US soon, it has not. You really only have standard LED PDLS without the matrix being activated. It could be months or years before being approved, so it is a high cost option that may or may not be usable. My buddy has a new C2S with just the upgrade PDLS (non-matrix) - having driven it at night, no difference right now with matrix deactivated in the US..

I also have RAS without PDCC, it is fine. When I order my targa I will get RAS again, and probably PDCC (on the fence but being a little heavier and top heavy, probably worth checking that box)
Old 01-06-2021, 03:51 PM
malba2366
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Richard_Wallace
Just one thought on your build (looks terrific btw). On my 992 C4s coupe - I have the Matrix headlights on mine (not the blacked out). I would probably not opt for it. While it is supposed to be approved for use in the US soon, it has not. You really only have standard LED PDLS without the matrix being activated. It could be months or years before being approved, so it is a high cost option that may or may not be usable. My buddy has a new C2S with just the upgrade PDLS (non-matrix) - having driven it at night, no difference right now with matrix deactivated in the US..

I also have RAS without PDCC, it is fine. When I order my targa I will get RAS again, and probably PDCC (on the fence but being a little heavier and top heavy, probably worth checking that box)
Yeah, I know they are dumbed down in the US. I plan on keeping the car for a while so I figured I would just get the matrix with the hopes that someone figures out how to code them, or they become legal and Porsche turns them on. I have a similar system which I had coded on our BMW X7 and it is a game changer driving around at night with the high beams on and having the lights move so as not to blind oncoming traffic vs just having the high beams turn on and off. I live in an area without much street lighting so to me it is a great feature - hopefully someone figures out how to code it on the porsche.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on my build