Who annoys you the most... on the road

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2020, 10:38 AM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,610 Likes on 817 Posts

Originally Posted by Holli82
Left lane bandits driving 2 mph over the speed limit and refuse to move over for faster traffic.
Seconded

Thirded

Oh my God, yes. This is the biggest one especially when I’m trying to do some “spirited” driving with my 992. I’ve yelled quite a few obscenities (which only I can hear of course) to this
Old 12-28-2020, 10:48 AM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by markanth
They come up to you out of nowhere. They try to fit in the tiniest crevice of an opening without signal. Their car is only a few feet from the car in front of them despite going 70 +. They are constantly having to step on their brakes. One tiniest of a fraction mistake and you would have a pileup. So dangerous.
a fair percentage of time , a zig zagging speeder is racing another car ..freq the same model ..like 15 y/o Honda Accords , lol ..so I always scan my rear view mirrors to be situationally aware !
Old 12-28-2020, 11:10 AM
Mozella55
Instructor

Received 275 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by PCJR
Not to stereotype but I find Tesla drivers to be universally annoying. When I travel the 405 freeway in south orange county (so cal) they are all over the place.
You're being too harsh. If you don't like Tesla drivers don't blame them; blame their autopilot. Chances are the driver is reading a book or working a crossword puzzle. Or, in some cases, they may be sleeping or passed out, so leave them alone. It's not their fault.

Old 12-28-2020, 11:16 AM
Mozella55
Instructor

Received 275 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Russian Mafia
Yes, I meant gun not guy. The police can't shoot someone carrying an authentic looking toy guy.
Oh no? Get an authentic looking toy gun and try pointing at a cop..................... see what happens.
Old 12-28-2020, 01:51 PM
dribar
Racer

Received 202 Likes on 81 Posts

Did you hear the joke about the two little old ladies in Venice, Fl?

one said “hey, where do you want to have lunch today?”

the other replied: “how about the left lane!”

yup.

Old 12-28-2020, 01:53 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Received 856 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by Mozella55
Oh no? Get an authentic looking toy gun and try pointing at a cop..................... see what happens.
My original point...brought down by a typo.
The following users liked this post:
Tanqueray86 (12-28-2020)
Old 12-28-2020, 01:59 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Received 856 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by dgasmd
The things or people that drive me insane while driving are the same today as they were when I drove a Prius daily for years:
-people that drive at the same speed as the guy next to them causing a road block behind them
-people that drive on the left/passing lane slow as dirt forcing everyone else to weave in and out of lanes to pass them
-people that get angry when you pass them while they are driving 10 miles under the speed limit
-cops that speed on roads without lights or sirens on and without attending an emergency (ilegal)
-cops that are speeding but not enough to disappear in the distance, but know the 300 cars behind them are speeding too but yet not passing them. They get off on that I’m sure
-people driving dumb gigantic trucks with flags off the back that are simply wholes to everyone else
-dumb looking people in their teen and 20’s using their damn phone while driving and weaving back n forth.
-old as dirt people driving 30 mph on streets and roads clogging the road and that couldn’t care less there is 600 cars behind them trying to pass them

The list goes on......
Old people, monster trucks and flat straight roads. I really feel for you trying to have fun in a car in Florida.
The following 2 users liked this post by Russian Mafia:
dgasmd (12-28-2020), Viper pilot (12-30-2020)
Old 12-28-2020, 02:37 PM
.2PDK
Race Car

Received 1,244 Likes on 751 Posts

Originally Posted by Mozella55
Doesn't have to be authentic looking...
Old 12-28-2020, 03:17 PM
mrmichaelsankey
Racer

Received 242 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by .2PDK
Doesn't have to be authentic looking...
OK, digressing, my neighbours son at 19 thought that to fuel is skunk and cocaine habit he would hold up the local convenience store, with a WATER PISTOL!

the owner laughed at him, sent him packing, but it was all on camera.

Next thing, the police turn up, he has locked him self in his bedroom, threatening to kill himself, with a butter knife, I mean, ffs!

was sentenced to 5 years for attempted armed robbery. Served 2 1/2.

Next door won the lottery, £6.5m, back in 2003, probably spent most of it now, but he had an income from a rental his step dad bought him, so had regular money coming in.

The only way to describe this drain of oxygen, complete bellend!

Old 12-30-2020, 03:40 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 821 Likes on 454 Posts

Okay...I'll add a few..hmm..for me its the following:
  1. Drivers that get all close to my car wanting to challenge me to a race or whatever it is to show me their driving skills....NO leave me alone...I am not in my 20s nor stupid enuff to entertain that anymore from a complete stranger! Especially not on a public road. They're driving skills are not up to their estimated abilities! I've taken a few performance driving schools...statistics say that they have NOT!
  2. People that do NOT know where they are going and thus impeded me and the flow of traffic. If you get lost pull over and pop out Google Maps or Nav on your car. Most of days those are good enough that you shouldn't have any problem finding your way to your destination in the voice of your choice. But as I often know where i am going and/or how to get there please don't impeded my way to get to mine!
  3. Tucks/18 wheelers don't bother me...look out for them and stay out their way and they pretty much leave you alone and sometimes look out for you especially long distance ones I grew up driving around...but Minivans...they are the Tesla's of old only to be followed by Toyota Priuses! . Think enough said there....would never own one and god I them on the road sometimes....
  4. Bad Roads/Un-repaired potholes and such. Everyone knows where they are and that they are bad. Please fix them or please give me the blank check to pay for my tire/wheel/suspension damages. Easy fix here...vs me avoiding them and potentially lengthening ones travels/journeys/work.
  5. Motorcycle riders that blow past your as 100+ mph speeds in BOTH your lane AND the car beside you. Not only do they scare you into almost swiping them and killing them and yourself maybe its just something they KNOW better...as a former Harley and Sport Bike rider..I know they do!
  6. People that do SERIOUSLY unnecessarily stuff while driving (texting, face-timing, makeup, sleeping, drinking, etc); all the things that they KNOW and you KNOW they ain't supposed to be doing which make their actual transport at 30-40-50-60 mph and beyond a dangerous proposition!
Old 12-30-2020, 04:00 AM
LC200
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by seanhaus
In the Bay Area the army of white Model 3s takes the cake. Not sure if it’s because it’s the first time handling a “fast” car with the combination of AutoPilot but they’re definitely a liability around here; from the Whole Foods parking lot to the highway. It’s also the car you see in the most accidents around here.
580 sideshow racers lane hopping like maniacs.
Old 12-30-2020, 05:13 AM
dgasmd
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 58 Posts

Let’s add another:

-that idiot driving a 15 y.o Honda Civic with more money on fairings, gigantic non-functional scoops, and a huge/loud exhaust scrapping at 40 mph acting as if he is the next fast and furious movies. Dumb!!
Old 12-30-2020, 08:14 AM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,674 Likes on 1,256 Posts

One can only hope, Gary Larson is correct!

The following 3 users liked this post by Bluehighways:
dgasmd (12-30-2020), russbert (12-30-2020), Russian Mafia (12-30-2020)
Old 12-30-2020, 08:42 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,335 Likes on 752 Posts

I have a few.
1- left lane dawdlers riding in the left lane at 35mph with no sense of those around them
2- tail gaters and traffic weavers, most people suck at driving so these people are extremely dangerous as they think they are great drivers
3- in Florida we have 2 types, the muscle car Stang, Camaro, Demon and Pick up truck crowd that make every stop light a drag strip and the geriatric Tesla crowd that can only drive in a straight line but are so impressed with the torque of their new E cars. Both suck.
4- Lastly lots of $’s down here so we have the Lambo, F car, MCLaren guys who are loud and “look at me”. These are my favorite as they mostly paid 50-100% more for their cars and aren’t happy if they get smoked by a Pcar.
The following 2 users liked this post by Penn4S:
dgasmd (12-30-2020), LC200 (12-30-2020)
Old 12-30-2020, 08:48 AM
Viper pilot
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 67 Posts

Minivan drivers!

Quick Reply: Who annoys you the most... on the road