RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,098 Likes on 2,995 Posts

Curb ramp would help you.
Old 12-09-2020, 11:22 PM
shark715
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Just ordered a new C4S in the last few days and FAL was a prerequisite for me. My car is going to turn into a daily driver and if you saw some of the driveway aprons I often face, you would understand why. I have quite a bit of experience with damage on other cars including my current 996, so I did a little bit of testing with my friend's non SPASM 992, and without FAL I would have serious concerns about doing more damage than just scraping. But I do agree FAL is definitely no guarantee of totally eliminating scrapes altogether.
Old 12-10-2020, 08:02 AM
Jimpa225
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by shark715
Just ordered a new C4S in the last few days and FAL was a prerequisite for me. My car is going to turn into a daily driver and if you saw some of the driveway aprons I often face, you would understand why. I have quite a bit of experience with damage on other cars including my current 996, so I did a little bit of testing with my friend's non SPASM 992, and without FAL I would have serious concerns about doing more damage than just scraping. But I do agree FAL is definitely no guarantee of totally eliminating scrapes altogether.
I also ordered FAL because I have to visit an office building at least a couple times weekly that has an extremely steep driveway to the upper level to the point there are heating elements under the pavement or in the winter few people could get up the driveway when it snows. If I did not have FAL I am very certain I would experience significant damage.
Old 12-10-2020, 05:31 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by detansinn
Curb ramp would help you.
If you mean me, no available product will make any difference. Is it the speed at which the angle of incline changes.

The only solution would be to dig up the driveway and re-grade it / re-pour it to have a consistent angle. What they should have done was graded more dirt near the base of the driveway.

What I need is the top picture, and what I have is the bottom picture. If it were 2° different, it would not scrape at all with an indirect approach. FWIW, it causes my F350 hitch to scrape sometimes, and that's on a truck with 37" tires and a 4" lift.

The following users liked this post:
shark715 (12-12-2020)

Quick Reply: Scraping with SPASM?