Sponsored by:

Boring Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2020, 05:28 PM
SamD
Racer

Received 299 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Boring Exhaust?

One of the very few quibbles w/my C2S is less than remarkable exhaust sound, even with PSE activated. Are there systems out there that will:
1) sound reasonably stock in Normal but much more robust when PSE activated, including the crackles
2) do not generate CELs
3) do not void warranty
4) will pass emissions testing

Thoughts?
Old 11-19-2020, 05:56 PM
crimewave
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 127 Posts

I believe the general consensus here is that the SOUL sport cats sound the best. 200 cell as opposed to factory's 700 cell cc. no CELs. I think warranty voids are more per dealer, I even read someone here had their dealer install the soul cats
Old 11-19-2020, 09:52 PM
r00t61
Pro

Received 245 Likes on 154 Posts

The Soul sport cats sound great, but they will not pass the visual portion of a CA smog inspection, unless you can find a "friendly" smog shop.
Old 11-19-2020, 09:57 PM
Staff@WORLD
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 218 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by SamD
One of the very few quibbles w/my C2S is less than remarkable exhaust sound, even with PSE activated. Are there systems out there that will:
1) sound reasonably stock in Normal but much more robust when PSE activated, including the crackles
2) do not generate CELs
3) do not void warranty
4) will pass emissions testing

Thoughts?
The SOUL performance cats are definitely the most popular exhaust upgrade with 992 owners. We don't have issues with them causing CEL's with our customers.

The factory exhaust itself is pretty free flowing . Akrapovic makes a titanium upgraded one that is more free flowing as it removes the muffler entirely. The Akrapovic exhaust does not alter any of the factory emissions so it will 100% pass emissions testing.

I would not be worried about a Porsche warranty with either of these upgrades. I would recommend that you have it installed away from the Porsche dealer network. Keep your factory cats and if you ever have a catastrophic repair where you are worried your factory ones can easily be installed again.

- Akrapovic - BMC - TechArt - H&R - By Design - AMS - CSF - Kline - NGK - TiLugs - HRE - M Engineering - ID Injectors -
FULL SERVICE INSTALLATION FACILITY - STATE OF THE ART WIND TUNNEL DYNO - ECU TUNING
WORLD-MOTORSPORTS.COM

Quick Reply: Boring Exhaust?