Sponsored by:

Window up/down via key fob?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2022, 04:26 PM
achilleas101
Racer

Received 162 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by jlegelis
@John Mclane @abizarvakharia was this ever resolved? I have a US-spec 2021 992 with Premium Package (door handle pop out when I near the car, etc), but am really missing the ability to open / close the sunroof via the fob. Any progress on getting the dealer to code it?
i had my car at my local dealer getting the 2nd key (finally) and asked them to do this. Told them i heard it's in the "comfort" settings... the Service manager said the guys would take a look, but then they gave up after a while as he said they couldn't figure out how to do it. So for me at least, i'm still without it but would love a step by step w/ pics if anyone is ever able to get it done, so i could show it to my dealer.
Old 08-22-2022, 05:40 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,390 Likes on 753 Posts

Originally Posted by achilleas101
i had my car at my local dealer getting the 2nd key (finally) and asked them to do this. Told them i heard it's in the "comfort" settings... the Service manager said the guys would take a look, but then they gave up after a while as he said they couldn't figure out how to do it. So for me at least, i'm still without it but would love a step by step w/ pics if anyone is ever able to get it done, so i could show it to my dealer.
I took pictures under the 992 coding thread. I can't do it again as the car is gone.
Old 08-23-2022, 09:57 AM
achilleas101
Racer

Received 162 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by John Mclane
I took pictures under the 992 coding thread. I can't do it again as the car is gone.
i'll check out that thread, thanks, wasn't aware of it. I'll ask questions there.
Old 08-23-2022, 12:35 PM
ritchieg
Instructor

Received 116 Likes on 42 Posts

A must have on a CAB. I have had it on 3 Boxsters and now my 911 Cab. As I walk up to the car three clicks on the remote and I stand up as I get in the car. If I don't want the top down then 2 clicks opens the windows. When I get out same, stand up as you get out and 3 clicks closes the top. Wonderful.
Old 10-05-2022, 12:30 PM
Lawcam
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windows no function with key

Originally Posted by yargable
On page 274 of the owner's manual, titled Opening and closing windows with driver’s keys mentions "Press and hold the button for locking and un-locking the vehicle on the driver’s key until the windows have reached the desired position." Just above that instruction it mentions that this function must be activated and directs you to page that lists all the menu options for various car configuration. I've looked at all menu options everywhere and I swear there is no obvious way to enable this feature and it definitely doesn't work currently. Does this feature work for anyone? Anyone know if this option is buried in the menus somewhere? I've had it on my BMWs and its great for dropping the windows on a hot day or raising if you forgot before getting out. Apologies if there is already a thread about this, I searched bunch and didn't find anything.
​​​​​​​even on my Cayenne hybrid 2022 it does not has this function ,the dealer told that till now its not there may be they add it later
Old 10-05-2022, 12:40 PM
dhirm5
Rennlist Member

Received 1,460 Likes on 801 Posts

Very frustrating, these gifts from the US litigation system. I installed the mods4cars module in my cab, and it gets me all this stuff. I'd much rather we had it OEM.
Old 10-05-2022, 02:55 PM
Lawcam
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hopefully, in europ will give us the upgrade as soon as possible ,
Old 10-05-2022, 05:01 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,390 Likes on 753 Posts

PIWIS activates the comfort windows feature, I did that in my deceased 992. It can activate the top but the key fob is different for the US.
Unfortunately a lot of dealers don't bother or don't understand about coding. Several people refer to dealers coding from windows to PSE on standard cars.

Last edited by John Mclane; 10-05-2022 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-06-2022, 11:13 PM
Pad Bender
Rennlist Member

Received 1,292 Likes on 651 Posts

I had to code all my Audi cars to get this features...its a legal liability issues so windows dont close on someone when you are out of the car.

Def gonna ask the dealer about it on next service.

Quick Reply: Window up/down via key fob?