Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Active Park Assist Is this new for 21 builds ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2020, 03:41 PM
Ant68
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Active Park Assist Is this new for 21 builds ?

Is this new for 21 ?
I'm sure we know how it works unless Porsche has added some extra features ?
Can't seem to find any info on this ?
Thinking of this option for when my wife may happen to be behind the wheel ( if she can work it out how to use the active park assist feature )
Old 11-01-2020, 04:33 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,685 Likes on 1,264 Posts

According to my 2021 C2S Build; under "Standard Equipment" and under the heading "Comfort and Assistance Systems" they list "ParkAssist (front and rear) incl. reversing camera". I've attached the pages from the Owners Manual that explain what is meant by ParkAssist on the 911. It's NOT at all what other manufacturers, like Tesla, mean when they use the term "ParkAssist"..
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Owners Manual Park Assist.pdf (66.2 KB, 320 views)
Old 11-01-2020, 04:41 PM
Ant68
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
According to my 2021 C2S Build; under "Standard Equipment" and under the heading "Comfort and Assistance Systems" they list "ParkAssist (front and rear) incl. reversing camera". I've attached the pages from the Owners Manual that explain what is meant by ParkAssist on the 911. It's NOT at all what other manufacturers, like Tesla, mean when they use the term "ParkAssist"..
Thank you for sharing
I'm thinking that Active Park assist is the self parking feature where the car parks itself, am I on the right track ?
The following users liked this post:
Epeeist (11-12-2021)
Old 11-01-2020, 04:45 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ant68
Thank you for sharing
I'm thinking that Active Park assist is the self parking feature where the car parks itself, am I on the right track ?
Apparently this is NOT what is on the 911.
Old 11-01-2020, 05:00 PM
Ant68
Instructor

Apparently this is NOT what is on the 911.
On the Porsche Configurator for 21 builds here in Australia

Epeeist (11-12-2021)
Old 11-01-2020, 05:16 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

H-m-m-m-m-m the USA Configurator looks like this under a tab labeled "> Standard Equipment"

I do see where yours is called "Park Assist" where ours is called "ParkAssist" but not sure if that has any significance beyond someone's Spell Check program.

Old 11-01-2020, 05:26 PM
Ant68
Instructor

Australian one says "Active Park Assist "

H-m-m-m-m-m the USA Configurator looks like this under a tab labeled "> Standard Equipment"

I do see where yours is called "Park Assist" where ours is called "ParkAssist" but not sure if that has any significance beyond someone's Spell Check program.

Old 11-01-2020, 05:30 PM
OttawaSteve
Burning Brakes

Received 581 Likes on 314 Posts

It appears to be an option on the Aussie configurator for at least the Targa and Turbo, but not Carrera models. No explanation provided. The Taycan Turbo S has as an option Active Parking Assistance. Maybe they are bringing it to the 911

Active Parking Assistance
The system automatically detects parking spaces and measures their size. Once the system has signalled that the parking space is a sufficient size, the driver can initiate and control the parking process. The system automatically takes over the steering and the forward and backward movement of the vehicle. The Active Parking Assistance is able to park the vehicle in parallel and perpendicular parking spaces.
Old 11-01-2020, 05:39 PM
Ant68
Instructor

Originally Posted by OttawaSteve
It appears to be an option on the Aussie configurator for at least the Targa and Turbo, but not Carrera models. No explanation provided. The Taycan Turbo S has as an option Active Parking Assistance. Maybe they are bringing it to the 911

The system automatically detects parking spaces and measures their size. Once the system has signalled that the parking space is a sufficient size, the driver can initiate and control the parking process. The system automatically takes over the steering and the forward and backward movement of the vehicle. The Active Parking Assistance is able to park the vehicle in parallel and perpendicular parking spaces.
Available on all the 911's in OZ
stevepow (12-07-2020)
Old 11-01-2020, 06:48 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ant68
Available on all the 911's in OZ
I wonder if it's just a software difference? If so, maybe it'd be possible to code it into one of our 911's. Food for thought!
Ant68 (11-01-2020)
Old 11-01-2020, 08:22 PM
mikey94025
Rennlist Member

Received 320 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by OttawaSteve
These systems to help with parallel parking have been available for a while. In my experience they require (i.e., only work with) a fairly large spot but do help with the steering maneuvers, especially if someone doesn't parallel park frequently.
Old 11-01-2020, 08:52 PM
TheGreatJ
Racer

Location: Right below the Northern Lights, when not travelling all around.
Received 178 Likes on 107 Posts

There is an entirely new option coming available for the model year 21 Carreras (starting from December 2020) called Remote Park Assist, at least in Europe. It's already in most of the configurators, for example in Germany. This is the description (used Google translator as I was too lazy to translate everything from German myself in the middle of the night.. ):

- Remote parking
Remote-controlled parking enables parking in and out of parking spaces via smartphone. The system automatically detects parking spaces and measures their size. If the parking space is large enough, the driver can initiate the parking process and then get out. Here he continues the parking process by continuously pressing the button on the smartphone app and thus monitoring the parking process.
- Garage pilot
The garage pilot works on the same principle as remote-controlled parking and is used when the vehicle is to be parked in or out of a narrow garage without the driver being in the vehicle.
- Active parking assistance
With the help of the vehicle's ultrasound and camera systems, the system automatically detects parking spaces. After the system has signaled that the parking space is of sufficient size, the driver can initiate and control the parking process. The system automatically steers and moves the vehicle forwards and backwards. The active parking assistance is able to park the vehicle in parallel and perpendicular parking spaces.
- 3D Surround View
The perspective representation in 3D enables the driver to influence the displayed perspective himself, which leads to a better all-round view.
- Parking warning (rear)
The parking warning (rear) uses the rear radar and warns the driver within the system limits when the parking aid is activated when slowly reversing. The system warns, for example, of critically approaching vehicles when pulling out of a perpendicular parking space. The notice is graded
- visually on the PCM touch display, acoustically and, if necessary, by pressing the brake.

Notes: Only compatible with Apple iPhone from generation iPhone 7 and from iOS 13 All systems function within their system limits and require permanent monitoring of the driver

Last edited by TheGreatJ; 11-01-2020 at 08:54 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by TheGreatJ:
Ant68 (11-01-2020), mikey94025 (11-01-2020)
Old 11-01-2020, 10:52 PM
Ant68
Instructor

Originally Posted by TheGreatJ
There is an entirely new option coming available for the model year 21 Carreras (starting from December 2020) called Remote Park Assist, at least in Europe. It's already in most of the configurators, for example in Germany. This is the description (used Google translator as I was too lazy to translate everything from German myself in the middle of the night.. ):

- Remote parking
Remote-controlled parking enables parking in and out of parking spaces via smartphone. The system automatically detects parking spaces and measures their size. If the parking space is large enough, the driver can initiate the parking process and then get out. Here he continues the parking process by continuously pressing the button on the smartphone app and thus monitoring the parking process.
- Garage pilot
The garage pilot works on the same principle as remote-controlled parking and is used when the vehicle is to be parked in or out of a narrow garage without the driver being in the vehicle.
With the help of the vehicle's ultrasound and camera systems, the system automatically detects parking spaces. After the system has signaled that the parking space is of sufficient size, the driver can initiate and control the parking process. The system automatically steers and moves the vehicle forwards and backwards. The active parking assistance is able to park the vehicle in parallel and perpendicular parking spaces.
- 3D Surround View
The perspective representation in 3D enables the driver to influence the displayed perspective himself, which leads to a better all-round view.
- Parking warning (rear)
The parking warning (rear) uses the rear radar and warns the driver within the system limits when the parking aid is activated when slowly reversing. The system warns, for example, of critically approaching vehicles when pulling out of a perpendicular parking space. The notice is graded
- visually on the PCM touch display, acoustically and, if necessary, by pressing the brake.

Notes: Only compatible with Apple iPhone from generation iPhone 7 and from iOS 13 All systems function within their system limits and require permanent monitoring of the driver
Wow a lot of info there
Thank you
Old 11-02-2020, 12:19 AM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,876 Likes on 1,516 Posts

Originally Posted by TheGreatJ

- Remote parking
- Garage pilot
- 3D Surround View
- Parking warning (rear)

Ouch, 4,373 euro in Germany.......
Ant68 (11-02-2020)
Old 11-04-2020, 02:37 PM
Ant68
Instructor

Originally Posted by aggie57
Ouch, 4,373 euro in Germany.......
Thanks for the info, reading below "The system automatically steers and moves the vehicle forwards and backwards"
Is this normal for other makes eg Merc's & BMW's or do you have to select forward and reverse manually for the car to self park ?

Active parking assistance

Quick Reply: Active Park Assist Is this new for 21 builds ?