c2s - 2020 options - help me decide!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2020, 01:55 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,537 Likes on 5,061 Posts

Pass.

If this was indeed the car for you, you would have bought it already instead of soliciting advice from peanut gallery here.
The following 2 users liked this post by ipse dixit:
Jkb545 (11-08-2020), stevepow (11-15-2020)
Old 11-08-2020, 01:56 AM
mrmichaelsankey
Racer

Received 242 Likes on 147 Posts

My money would be on this car being the “show room 911”. Those tyres might need a change, potentially flat spotted.
That scratch, that’s not a high impact mark, more likely a small child on a scooter clipped it whilst Daddy (or mummy) was licking the windows of his/her dream machine.

As said before, new cars get damaged and fixed before delivery. Wife had a new Land Rover, front grill trim had a 1 inch dent in it. Must have happened at the dealer, but I did enjoy verbally destroying the SA for it then doing the same to the GM for not having the SA check a brand new car the day of delivery.

Sounds like a go car to me, all depends if the 14% off is against new car price or what an 18month old car would cost.
Old 11-08-2020, 05:08 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 808 Likes on 446 Posts

What they all have said below...pros and cons that I won't repeat all. I'd say 15% plus a respray of the bumper and a CPO and we're good. Do the deal...you don't need a 3rd party inspection with the CPO really as its still a new car and the CPO will cover 6mo/100k miles and they will fix whatever they need to and what is the 3rd party inspection gonna show really? If they CPO it you get the same thing as a 3rd party inspection really. If the color and options are okay with you I'd pull the trigger...sweet performance based ride! Won't last too long with folks looking for 992s out there and inventory so spotty....of course I'd mention FY21 release when mentioning the above out the door OTD offer to the dealers as once they are released next week (11/13 release date) they will probably drop the valuation down a lil bit on 2021s! Good luck and let us know what happens with pics!
Old 11-08-2020, 09:30 AM
couturegirl
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 57 Posts

walk away.
Old 11-08-2020, 01:17 PM
Arun Rao
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Pass.

If this was indeed the car for you, you would have bought it already instead of soliciting advice from peanut gallery here.
good point, although this is still a $100k+ purchase - and i respect the opinions of the folks on this forum

the car works for me - things holding me back, as mentioned previously:
1) doesn't have full warranty (warranty period started on 2/2020)
2) the scratch on the rear bumper

i will keep the forum posted.
Old 11-08-2020, 01:19 PM
Arun Rao
Instructor

Originally Posted by mrmichaelsankey
My money would be on this car being the “show room 911”. Those tyres might need a change, potentially flat spotted.
That scratch, that’s not a high impact mark, more likely a small child on a scooter clipped it whilst Daddy (or mummy) was licking the windows of his/her dream machine.

As said before, new cars get damaged and fixed before delivery. Wife had a new Land Rover, front grill trim had a 1 inch dent in it. Must have happened at the dealer, but I did enjoy verbally destroying the SA for it then doing the same to the GM for not having the SA check a brand new car the day of delivery.

Sounds like a go car to me, all depends if the 14% off is against new car price or what an 18month old car would cost.
thx @mrmichaelsankey this car is not the showroom 911, afaiu. i can ask the store again.

ack your other points - thank you for the data points!
Old 11-08-2020, 01:23 PM
Arun Rao
Instructor

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
What they all have said below...pros and cons that I won't repeat all. I'd say 15% plus a respray of the bumper and a CPO and we're good. Do the deal...you don't need a 3rd party inspection with the CPO really as its still a new car and the CPO will cover 6mo/100k miles and they will fix whatever they need to and what is the 3rd party inspection gonna show really? If they CPO it you get the same thing as a 3rd party inspection really. If the color and options are okay with you I'd pull the trigger...sweet performance based ride! Won't last too long with folks looking for 992s out there and inventory so spotty....of course I'd mention FY21 release when mentioning the above out the door OTD offer to the dealers as once they are released next week (11/13 release date) they will probably drop the valuation down a lil bit on 2021s! Good luck and let us know what happens with pics!
i have asked them about making the car CPO. they told me yesterday it will eat into the 14% discount if the car is CPO'd (of course i expect them to say that).

they have agreed to fix the scratch on the bumper but i have a competitive quote on fixing this issue from the body shop that i work with. so i might ask for a further concession from the store and get the issue fixed myself. but i am also told by forum members that the store's insurance ought to cover fixing this completely - so i will likely first push the store to just fix the issue right (they said it would cost them $3500 to fix it which (1) sounds very high based on the quote i got from the body shop i work with on my other cars; (2) should be covered by store's insurance anyways.

Last edited by Arun Rao; 11-08-2020 at 01:29 PM.
Old 11-08-2020, 01:30 PM
Arun Rao
Instructor

Originally Posted by couturegirl
walk away.
@couturegirl please say more
Old 11-08-2020, 02:38 PM
malibu515
Burning Brakes

Received 500 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by Arun Rao
good point, although this is still a $100k+ purchase - and i respect the opinions of the folks on this forum

the car works for me - things holding me back, as mentioned previously:
1) doesn't have full warranty (warranty period started on 2/2020)
2) the scratch on the rear bumper

i will keep the forum posted.
You are wise to pass on this questionable deal. If you want an expert to find the best option for you, consider yourcarbuyingadvocate.com. I got an incredible deal on my 2020 C4S with his help.
Old 11-08-2020, 02:48 PM
Arun Rao
Instructor

Originally Posted by malibu515
You are wise to pass on this questionable deal. If you want an expert to find the best option for you, consider yourcarbuyingadvocate.com. I got an incredible deal on my 2020 C4S with his help.
"questonable deal" because of hidden issues that i am unaware of? again the issues i am grappling with are (1) reduced warranty period; (2) scratch on bumper.

i will follow up with yourcarbuyingadvocate.com - how big a discount were you able to secure on your 2020 c4s? thx.

[edit: scheduled time with yourcarbuyingadvocate.com tomorrow bright and early california time]

Last edited by Arun Rao; 11-08-2020 at 02:57 PM.
Old 11-08-2020, 03:58 PM
malibu515
Burning Brakes

"questonable deal" because of hidden issues that i am unaware of? again the issues i am grappling with are (1) reduced warranty period; (2) scratch on bumper.

i will follow up with yourcarbuyingadvocate.com - how big a discount were you able to secure on your 2020 c4s? thx.

[edit: scheduled time with yourcarbuyingadvocate.com tomorrow bright and early california time]
Suffice it do say, it was better than most I have seen. Should you contact Mike , I will tell him to share all three deals he assisted me.
Old 11-08-2020, 04:02 PM
Arun Rao
Instructor

Originally Posted by malibu515
Suffice it do say, it was better than most I have seen. Should you contact Mike , I will tell him to share all three deals he assisted me.
yes, time set up with mike rumple tmrw morning ("strategy call", as he terms it).
Old 11-08-2020, 05:44 PM
malibu515
Burning Brakes

yes, time set up with mike rumple tmrw morning ("strategy call", as he terms it).
I sold one car and bought two with him. Not only did I have no stress on the deal, he handled all the issues. I feel that on all three deals, he did better than I could have done on my own.
Old 11-08-2020, 08:53 PM
craig66
Pro

Received 498 Likes on 221 Posts

There is definitely a lot of unanswered questions but in reality if you love the car, they fix the bumper, and they give you a CPO all for 14% off then you are getting a 2020 C2S with a 5 year warranty for a very reasonable price and especially if you are not planning on keeping the car for more than 5 years they will have paid your first year depreciation and then some and you will have a reasonable added discount to pad the deal. If it is your forever car then personally the questions raised would bother me a little more and also if you are keeping a car for 10 years then the depreciation is not as important and you want to make sure the build is exactly what you wanted.

It is strange though that this demonstrator has only 20 miles and that in this current Covid crisis they actually offered you 14% off - clearly you did not have to fight for it.
Bear in mind though as one astute poster stated at some point - most people go into a car with the idea that it is their forever car until 2 years later when they are in the process of trading.

I

Last edited by craig66; 11-08-2020 at 09:21 PM.
Old 11-08-2020, 09:16 PM
malibu515
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by craig66
There is definitely a lot of unanswered questions but in reality if you love the car, they fix the bumper, and they give you a CPO all for 14% off then you are getting a 2020 C2S with a 5 year warranty for a very reasonable price and especially if you are not planning on keeping the car for more than 5 years they will have paid your first year depreciation and then some and you will have a reasonable added discount to pad the deal. If it is your forever car then personally the questions raised would bother me a little more and also if you are keeping a car for 10 years then the depreciation is not as important and you want to make sure the build is exactly what you wanted.

It is strange though that this demonstrator has only 20 miles and that in this current Covid crisis they actually offered you 14% off - clearly you did not have to fight for it.
Bear in mind though as one astute poster stated at some point - most people go into a car with the idea that it is their former car until 2 years later when they are in the process of trading.

I
It will take a car expert to figure out what shenanigans this dealer is presenting. Wouldn't you like to know...'the rest of the story ' ?

Quick Reply: c2s - 2020 options - help me decide!