Sponsored by:

c2s - 2020 options - help me decide!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2020, 07:01 PM
Arun Rao
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by OwingsMills
Think twice about buying a demonstrator. The first 500 miles are really important in breaking in an engine properly, and you can be sure that a demo has been flogged by the many people who put 240 miles on it. If you can, wait for a 2021.
agreed. i am being very cautious about pulling the trigger.
Old 11-02-2020, 07:20 PM
Arun Rao
Instructor

folks - i have eliminated the white car from consideration. i now have 3 silver cars under consideration: the original one i listed in this thread, plus 2 more - one of them in manhattan (NYC) and the other one in huntsville. the one in manhattan is a 4s (it was listed as a 2s on the dealer website, but the build spec sheet i got shows it as a 4s). what is the forum's thoughts on a 4s v. a 2s?

i am still working price on all 3 cars, but i wanted to figure out the right build to get in parallel.

comparison of the 3 cars being considered. forum input greatly appreciated! thx.

CAR IN LAS VEGAS

CAR IN MANHATTAN (NYC) - THIS CAR IS A 4S

CAR IN HUNTSVILLE, AL

Old 11-02-2020, 09:03 PM
LifesAnesthesia
Racer

Received 179 Likes on 74 Posts

Makes me laugh about the cars being released on the 6th...I would not hold your breath with that. The date has been pushed to the 13th already.
Old 11-02-2020, 09:24 PM
craig66
Pro

Received 499 Likes on 221 Posts

They are very similar and all very nice.

More importantly
Which do you prefer?
Are they available or have they been spoken for?

If you can't decide an exercise that worked for me when I bought my Boxster - I made a list of every option and how important it was for me for the three cars that were interesting to me
+3 Really needs to have it (SC/PSE),
+1 would like it but not essential - Sports seats vs sports seat plus or RAS ,
0 don't care either way and not pricey enough to sway me - GT vs regular steering wheel
-1 can live with it but don't want to pay too much for it - (Bose)
-2 really expensive and have no interest in it LED Matrix headlights

Then add up the scores and see which car has the most point, then call up the dealer and start negotiating and be ready to give a deposit if the deal works.

Still think you should wait until the new cars hit the shore

Last edited by craig66; 11-02-2020 at 09:28 PM.
Old 11-02-2020, 09:25 PM
craig66
Pro

Originally Posted by LifesAnesthesia
Makes me laugh about the cars being released on the 6th...I would not hold your breath with that. The date has been pushed to the 13th already.
is that official? Has the 11/6 date been officially pushed off to 11/13?
Old 11-02-2020, 11:50 PM
Arun Rao
Instructor

Originally Posted by craig66
is that official? Has the 11/6 date been officially pushed off to 11/13?
fwiw, that's what at least 2 local dealers in the bay area have told me.
Old 11-02-2020, 11:51 PM
Arun Rao
Instructor

They are very similar and all very nice.

More importantly
Which do you prefer?
Are they available or have they been spoken for?

If you can't decide an exercise that worked for me when I bought my Boxster - I made a list of every option and how important it was for me for the three cars that were interesting to me
+3 Really needs to have it (SC/PSE),
+1 would like it but not essential - Sports seats vs sports seat plus or RAS ,
0 don't care either way and not pricey enough to sway me - GT vs regular steering wheel
-1 can live with it but don't want to pay too much for it - (Bose)
-2 really expensive and have no interest in it LED Matrix headlights

Then add up the scores and see which car has the most point, then call up the dealer and start negotiating and be ready to give a deposit if the deal works.

Still think you should wait until the new cars hit the shore
thx for the great input!

all cars are available as of today.

1) the car in huntsville has some visual add-ons (porsche logo decal on side) that make it less appealing; it also has a $4k option ("<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}-->LED-Matrix Design Headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)") that i am told isn't even usable in the USA.
2) the car in manhattan is a 4s (dealer listing said it was a 2s); i had never considered a 4s, but it's one of the available cars? what are this forum's thoughts on a 4s v. a 2s (i have some offline feedback already suggesting i stick with the 2s because it's better to drive than the 4s; note that i am in sunny california - so no practical need for awd). this car does have some good features (lane change assist, pdls+, power folding mirrors)
3) the car in las vegas is a performance-focused build, but is missing lane change assist. it also has 240 miles (confirmed via photo by sales person).

yes, i will be waiting as long as it takes to get a good deal on one of these cars - looks like i should be shooting for at least 5% off msrp (and probably more) on all these cars. none of these dealers are offering me anywhere close to 5% off.

and meanwhile, i will continue planning out my 2021 build just in case - see thread https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1221...-thoughts.html.
Old 11-03-2020, 12:03 AM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,684 Likes on 1,263 Posts

Originally Posted by Arun Rao
thx for the great input!

all cars are available as of today.

1) the car in huntsville has some visual add-ons (porsche logo decal on side) that make it less appealing; it also has a $4k option ("<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}-->LED-Matrix Design Headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)") that i am told isn't even usable in the USA.
2) the car in manhattan is a 4s (dealer listing said it was a 2s); i had never considered a 4s, but it's one of the available cars? what are this forum's thoughts on a 4s v. a 2s (i have some offline feedback already suggesting i stick with the 2s because it's better to drive than the 4s; note that i am in sunny california - so no practical need for awd). this car does have some good features (lane change assist, pdls+, power folding mirrors)
3) the car in las vegas is a performance-focused build, but is missing lane change assist. it also has 240 miles (confirmed via photo by sales person).
1.) A very expensive Headlight option that has absolutely no value here in the US. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for NHTSA to approve them.

2.) Do you venture to Tahoe for skiing? Or anywhere in the Sierra's above 3,000' between Thanksgiving and Easter. If not, then 2S is all you need. Otherwise not having to risk having to Chain-up when the snows hit the mountains might be worth quite a bit.

3.) Definitely NOT. They want way to much money for what is almost certainly a demonstrator.
Old 11-03-2020, 12:41 AM
craig66
Pro

Everyone here either has or is waiting for or wants a 992.

I don't mean to sound patronizing and I apologize but I really think that at this rate you need to hold off and get a better idea of what you really want and need. Unless you are someone for whom the price of admission is mere pocket change you really need to research a little more to know that you are getting what you want and what. you need as well as how to negotiate with the dealers and when is a good time to buy.

My advice is catch your breath. Go through the threads and see the discussions on 4 vs 2 and S vs base or non S. See the discussions on options and which ones are worth it and which aren't.

Wait for the 2021 992's to make their way into the country and then find one you like and negotiate a 2021 with a 3-5% discount or better still build your own exactly the way you want it.
A 2021 C2 allocation is not that hard to come by and still offers decent discounts

To be jumping into a 2020 with 250 demonstrator miles at 5% discount with a bunch of options you neither want nor need is really a poor deal and someone is going to be making a killing
Maybe even look at a CPO 991.1 or .2 to get your feet wet if this is your first entry into Porsche world. That way the depreciation hit is relatively modest and even if you turn around and sell it two years later you will not lose that much

Old 11-03-2020, 02:38 AM
Arun Rao
Instructor

I don't mean to sound patronizing and I apologize but I really think that at this rate you need to hold off and get a better idea of what you really want and need. Unless you are someone for whom the price of admission is mere pocket change you really need to research a little more to know that you are getting what you want and what. you need as well as how to negotiate with the dealers and when is a good time to buy.

My advice is catch your breath. Go through the threads and see the discussions on 4 vs 2 and S vs base or non S. See the discussions on options and which ones are worth it and which aren't.

Wait for the 2021 992's to make their way into the country and then find one you like and negotiate a 2021 with a 3-5% discount or better still build your own exactly the way you want it.
A 2021 C2 allocation is not that hard to come by and still offers decent discounts

To be jumping into a 2020 with 250 demonstrator miles at 5% discount with a bunch of options you neither want nor need is really a poor deal and someone is going to be making a killing
Maybe even look at a CPO 991.1 or .2 to get your feet wet if this is your first entry into Porsche world. That way the depreciation hit is relatively modest and even if you turn around and sell it two years later you will not lose that much
got it. thx for the great advice!
Old 11-07-2020, 03:00 AM
exliontamer
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

folks - i have been catching my breath, but i have a store offering me 14% off msrp on a 2020 c2s with ~170 miles. spec attached. your inputs are much appreciated.
Old 11-07-2020, 06:34 AM
Arun Rao
Instructor

folks - while i was catching my breath, i received an offer of 14% off msrp for a 2020 c2s with 170 miles on it. specs below. your inputs much appreciated on spec and pricing.

Old 11-07-2020, 08:00 AM
Master Deep
Rennlist Member

Received 786 Likes on 444 Posts

Originally Posted by Arun Rao
folks - while i was catching my breath, i received an offer of 14% off msrp for a 2020 c2s with 170 miles on it. specs below. your inputs much appreciated on spec and pricing.

Overall not a bad spec except for the lack of full leather. If that doesn’t bother you and you want a black on black car with black wheels, then 14% is as good deal as you will get right now.
Old 11-07-2020, 08:29 AM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,037 Likes on 592 Posts

the deal is excellent , the rest is up to you if you like the car
Old 11-07-2020, 08:38 AM
craig66
Pro

Agree the deal is really sweet at 14% off, now the only thing is left is do you love the car?

If the car is great but the deal sucks think twice, if the deal is great but the car is not then move on but if the deal is great and the car is great then jump NOW. For myself I could easily live without the leather but the black on black on black I could not do but that is me. If you like that you absolutely will not get a better deal and the 14% more than takes care of first year depreciation. The car is also nicely spec'd with the Sports package, SSP and a couple of other nice options.

Quick Reply: c2s - 2020 options - help me decide!