Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just been offered a C4S allocation (No discount)

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2020, 06:02 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by MVRK
This is some great feedback and it seems people on the west coast for the most part, are having better luck than some East Coast shoppers who aren’t cross shopping nationwide. That being said, we should all keep in mind that % discount off of asking is all completely relative, as I myself have seen the same cars in California marked up 5% on asking than some on the East Coast...so I tend to focus more on deviation from invoice value, and in these terms even at only 2.5% off MSRP, I was well within my desired percentage from invoice, which speaks to the lack of markup in our area.
You do have to be patient and put work in but I contacted a lot of dealers all over country and I was willing to fly anywhere for delivery. My best offer was 6% off at Beverly Hills Porsche on C2S cab when I wanted closer to 8. So I sat a bit and got super lucky finding a more local allocation for 7.5% off. It took me 4 months but I was in no real hurry...
Old 10-31-2020, 07:01 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Received 855 Likes on 419 Posts

I firmed my order up for a C2S two weeks ago at a 5% discount. Most of us understand how quickly and completely inventories shrank to almost nothing over the last several months. I could have gone out of market and gotten 7% but shipping is almost 1% and having a local relationship was worth the other 1%. Also, if you get a car from CA there's a good chance they'll drill the bumper for a plate, no matter what you tell them. In UT fronts are typically unecessary. Do you want front plate holes on a 992 if you could avoid it?

I was willing to wait it out if I couldn't get the above discounts. Porsche's production is going well and the recent environment is likely a temporary circumstance in terms of supply and demand.
The following 2 users liked this post by Russian Mafia:
macanspnw (10-31-2020), Wilsontour (11-01-2020)
Old 10-31-2020, 07:45 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Russian Mafia
I firmed my order up for a C2S two weeks ago at a 5% discount. Most of us understand how quickly and completely inventories shrank to almost nothing over the last several months. I could have gone out of market and gotten 7% but shipping is almost 1% and having a local relationship was worth the other 1%. Also, if you get a car from CA there's a good chance they'll drill the bumper for a plate, no matter what you tell them. In UT fronts are typically unecessary. Do you want front plate holes on a 992 if you could avoid it?

I was willing to wait it out if I couldn't get the above discounts. Porsche's production is going well and the recent environment is likely a temporary circumstance in terms of supply and demand.
LOL, wouldn't worry about plate holes at all...I've picked up cars in Cali before when living in AZ with zero issue because I told dealer I didn't want him to touch front bumper or put his stupid dealer stickers/advertisement on my car, etc.
Old 10-31-2020, 08:13 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gohawks23
LOL, wouldn't worry about plate holes at all...I've picked up cars in Cali before when living in AZ with zero issue because I told dealer I didn't want him to touch front bumper or put his stupid dealer stickers/advertisement on my car, etc.
Yeah? Well I told my CA selling dealer the same thing. Yet sitting in my garage is a 2020 Cayenned E-Hybrid with front bumper license plate holes. Go Rusnak. Yay Bumper Plugs.
Old 10-31-2020, 08:18 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

Yeah? Well I told my CA selling dealer the same thing. Yet sitting in my garage is a 2020 Cayenned E-Hybrid with front bumper license plate holes. Go Rusnak. Yay Bumper Plugs.
​​​​​​Yeah. Refuse delivery. I told my dealer I would if any of my terms/conditions weren't met at delivery.
Old 10-31-2020, 08:27 PM
malibu515
Burning Brakes

Received 500 Likes on 256 Posts

​​​​​​Yeah. Refuse delivery. I told my dealer I would if any of my terms/conditions weren't met at delivery.
Yes, you can refuse a delivery, it is the law. But, be aware, that if you want to buy another Porsche, any Porsche, your dealer will refuse to work with you because they were stuck with your car. Dealers order basic, lightly optioned cars in black, white and grey, primarily. They don't want too many options as it is harder to move. I asked my salesman about this. He said it goes much further. All dealers would be aware of your refusal. You might have quite a chore of getting an allocation. And as far as getting a decent discount, forget it.
I say, unless there is a great discrepancy in the order, or the car is damaged, try to accept the car. Maybe the dealer will offer a discount or give you aftermarket materials.
Old 10-31-2020, 08:46 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,841 Likes on 1,493 Posts

never had that problem, Porsche or 2x Mercedes all sans front plates and holes.
Old 10-31-2020, 08:50 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by malibu515
Yes, you can refuse a delivery, it is the law. But, be aware, that if you want to buy another Porsche, any Porsche, your dealer will refuse to work with you because they were stuck with your car. Dealers order basic, lightly optioned cars in black, white and grey, primarily. They don't want too many options as it is harder to move. I asked my salesman about this. He said it goes much further. All dealers would be aware of your refusal. You might have quite a chore of getting an allocation. And as far as getting a decent discount, forget it.
I say, unless there is a great discrepancy in the order, or the car is damaged, try to accept the car. Maybe the dealer will offer a discount or give you aftermarket materials.
All you mention highly unlikely. It isn't like refusing delivery because of no reason. Holes in a bumper that I specifically called out not to do in writing to them is not going to blacklist me.
The following users liked this post:
txpackers (11-01-2020)
Old 10-31-2020, 08:58 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Had it been a 911 I would have refused delivery. But it’s a Cayenne, it’s fine with paint matched bumper plugs. Maybe my case was unusual but burn me once...
gohawks23 (10-31-2020)
Old 11-01-2020, 11:57 AM
BSO
Three Wheelin'

Received 554 Likes on 335 Posts

As with any new models of desirable cars, demand will outstrip supply and don't think Porsche and its distribution network isn't aware of this. Also, Porsche doesn't saturate its market with overproduction.

You're at a negotiating disadvantage and they're gambling that your desires will have you caving in to their offer.

Ordered cars are not on the sales floor, discounts on scarce allocations won't reach the levels on what they have in stock.

That being said, if you find one that ticks most of your boxes, don't hesitate or it will be gone. Hobson's choice.
Old 11-01-2020, 05:00 PM
aircooledpurist
Pro

Received 220 Likes on 132 Posts

I have always tried not to be the first in line at the dealership when a new model comes out. If you must be first, you are going to pay top dollar (notice I did not say 'too much'). Invariably, 6 months or a year down the road... Prices, deals, incentives, rates and discounts are much different. So are attitudes at the dealership.

That delta may or may not be significant to you and your situation. Only you can answer that question. Enjoy the car when you do get it. I'm sure it will be beautiful however it is spec'ed.
'
Old 11-02-2020, 02:03 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,537 Likes on 5,061 Posts

Originally Posted by aquatone
I just turned 61 am not getting any younger.
Exactly.

So what are you waiting for?
aggie57 (11-02-2020)
Old 11-02-2020, 09:16 AM
lucycan
Rennlist Member

Received 480 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by NI3
First time, long time lurker. First P-car. Ordered a C4S with a March build date. Spec to 141k. Got a 5.5% discount. Feel good about it.
You should! Well done.

Quick Reply: Just been offered a C4S allocation (No discount)