Sponsored by:

Back in the market again

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2020, 03:44 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Even at 120 mph, I still want to feel nice leather under my ****. And why run with windows down?
It's a requirement at every track event I've been to. Primary reason is for wave by's, I suppose.
Old 10-23-2020, 03:54 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,647 Likes on 1,246 Posts

Originally Posted by gravedgr
It's a requirement at every track event I've been to. Primary reason is for wave by's, I suppose.
Not for waving. It's so they can drag our A$$ from the car if we have an "incident". Although I've heard that the corner workers have a saying: "We save those who wave!"
Old 10-23-2020, 04:10 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,537 Likes on 5,061 Posts

Not at my track.

Run with windows up all the time.

(And it's not a requirement in Europe.)
Old 10-23-2020, 05:30 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,841 Likes on 1,493 Posts

Not at my track.

Only a requirement in the US.
Old 10-23-2020, 07:48 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
Not for waving. It's so they can drag our A$$ from the car if we have an "incident". Although I've heard that the corner workers have a saying: "We save those who wave!"
I figured that was the case, but I'd personally rather deal with the glass than the chance of ejection or roll-over with body parts through the window.

Not at my track.

Interesting, good to know! I'd prefer to have mine up as the wind can be distracting at speed and rain is really no fun.
Old 10-23-2020, 07:59 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

I figured that was the case, but I'd personally rather deal with the glass than the chance of ejection or roll-over with body parts through the window.
True. If you're actually racing under SCCA rules, you either have to have a window net or arm restraints to prevent just exactly this sort of thing from from happening. If I didn't have a window net, I'd certainly use arm restraints like the open wheel car guys do.
Old 10-30-2020, 02:24 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

First update in a week. I emailed my SA last night based on news here that allocations were starting to open up again. He confirmed they had received some, but less than expected and he was pessimistic. We exchanged some emails and I agreed to wait and hear from him. So while at the Ford dealer getting my oil changed on the Shelby, he called to say that he had spoken with the GM and managed to secure an allocation for a C2S for me.

Expected lock date will be early December and targeted delivery is 3rd/4th week of March, 2021. I'm going to swing by Tuesday and let them take a look at the GT350 for a possible trade, and I'll leave some $ for a deposit.

Time to start getting serious about making up my mind.
Old 10-30-2020, 04:02 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,841 Likes on 1,493 Posts

First update in a week. I emailed my SA last night based on news here that allocations were starting to open up again. He confirmed they had received some, but less than expected and he was pessimistic. We exchanged some emails and I agreed to wait and hear from him. So while at the Ford dealer getting my oil changed on the Shelby, he called to say that he had spoken with the GM and managed to secure an allocation for a C2S for me.

Expected lock date will be early December and targeted delivery is 3rd/4th week of March, 2021. I'm going to swing by Tuesday and let them take a look at the GT350 for a possible trade, and I'll leave some $ for a deposit.

Time to start getting serious about making up my mind.
Great to hear, congrats.
Old 10-30-2020, 05:18 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by aggie57
Great to hear, congrats.
Thanks. I think I have settled on what my minimum build will be. I need to discuss trade with the dealer first, get that locked in, and then discuss price/discount. In the meantime, I need to figure out a final choice for color.

Red: http://www.porsche-code.com/PMQBIPM8
Blue: http://www.porsche-code.com/PMKDI9P5
Carmine:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PM1KIGT3

Once that is in place and I know what kind of pricing I'm working with, I'll decide how many "optional" options to add.
The following 2 users liked this post by gravedgr:
aggie57 (10-30-2020), russbert (11-01-2020)
Old 11-02-2020, 04:44 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Wow, I guess my SA wasn't kidding when he said he pulled some strings and secured me an S allocation. I haven't stopped in to give them a deposit, spec out the basics of a build or evaluate my trade in yet, and I already have a TYD invitation. He used an early config that I sent in email to fill in the blanks and get the ball rolling it seems.
The following users liked this post:
aggie57 (11-02-2020)
Old 11-03-2020, 06:07 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Visited the dealer today and got a fair trade value on my GT350, so I'll be dropping it off sometime in the next 7 days.

TYD says I have 70 days before my order freeze date, but my SA said that much beyond December 1 and I might be facing delays in delivery so I'm going to target locking in my order in the next 2-3 weeks. Here are the items I consider mandatory:

992120 911 Carrera S

P3V Sport Package i.c.w. Manual Transmission
VM2 Aerokit
0I2 Extended Range Fuel Tank
2UH Front Axle Lift
46J RS Spyder wheels
Q4Q Sports Seats Plus (18-way is an option)
2FS GT Sport Steering Wheel
QE1 Storage package (lol)

Need to have includes colored seat belts, tach & SC depending on exterior color. Nice to have options include Bose, lightweight glass, 18-way seats, black gloss addition to Aerokit, power folding mirrors, clear taillights, deletion of Carrera S logo, ventilated seats, heated steering wheel and surround view.

Colors are down to Carmine Red, Gentian Blue, Racing Yellow and Python Green - possibly in that order.

Last edited by gravedgr; 11-03-2020 at 09:09 PM.
Old 11-03-2020, 07:33 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Given your "must haves" and your "items to consider" I'd recommend paying very close attention to what is included in the various packages. Often what otherwise appear to be stand alone options can change what is included in a package. Always click on the little black circled "i" to review exactly what is and what is not included with any option or package. Most of this nonsense gets caught by the on-line configuration, but not always. Sometimes you only catch it because of what changes in the picture of the car. As one example, the SPASM suspension option changes the Lip Spoiler on the front of the car. This is not mentioned anywhere in writing. But if you like that Lip Spoiler (I do) and do not want the SPAM option (I do not) it seems you must purchase that Lip Spoiler from the dealers parts Department and have it installed, after you have purchased the car.
Old 11-03-2020, 08:58 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
Given your "must haves" and your "items to consider" I'd recommend paying very close attention to what is included in the various packages. Often what otherwise appear to be stand alone options can change what is included in a package. Always click on the little black circled "i" to review exactly what is and what is not included with any option or package. Most of this nonsense gets caught by the on-line configuration, but not always. Sometimes you only catch it because of what changes in the picture of the car. As one example, the SPASM suspension option changes the Lip Spoiler on the front of the car. This is not mentioned anywhere in writing. But if you like that Lip Spoiler (I do) and do not want the SPAM option (I do not) it seems you must purchase that Lip Spoiler from the dealers parts Department and have it installed, after you have purchased the car.
Could you explain more about the lip? Is it affected by the aerokit? The sport package is in my mandatory list - I need to look at my spreadsheet (on my phone now) and see if I just skipped it.

Edit - I fixed the copy / paste for P3V (sport pkg w/MT)

Last edited by gravedgr; 11-03-2020 at 09:11 PM.
Old 11-05-2020, 11:13 AM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

While poking through the PTS colors and having seen a lava orange targa at the dealership, I think lava orange is back in the consideration.

The following users liked this post:
drgav2005 (11-07-2020)
Old 11-07-2020, 12:02 AM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

Received 1,760 Likes on 692 Posts

Sorry to weigh in on a 992 thread about my 991.1 Targa, but I opted for the painted interior trim and it was one of my favorite parts of the interior. I’m surprised more people don’t do it to add some color to an otherwise sea of black/gray.

I wish I held on to this car. I’ve got a 997.2 TTS now but I’m once again looking at the new Targa

Quick Reply: Back in the market again