Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992s vs base (again)

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2021 | 09:29 PM
phaser
Banned

Originally Posted by ctdubl07
Recognizing to some this question may have an obvious answer but go easy on me. I read how purists are always looking for weight savings so this has me thinking about the added weight of passengers and stuff for my car as a DD.

I weigh 185 lbs so Im assuming the stated and experienced performance of either model, shouldnt be all that effected by my weight as it has to be near how the cars are tested.
Now as you add a body, say at 125 lbs each (the weight of my wife, daughter or 1 of my 3 boys) I imagine the S, with its higher TQ, can absorb the additional weight that much better and deliver less of impacted experience?

I guess Im leading the witness buy I want to go 0-60 in 3.5 sec regardless of how many passengers or groceries I have!!
Safe to say that many of us have the same idea and desire.
It will however be rare if ever that we perform an all out ***** to the wall traffic light launch to 60 or more from a dead stand still. You can absolutely terrify the general public with this kind of acceleration as very, very, few people have experienced anything like it.
I launched a '16 Z06 that I used to own with a friend who had never ridden in anything faster than a C4 Corvette and caused him to go into what appeared at first to be a seizure. The average person is not ready for this stuff. You don't even wanna guess about how bad you could scare a child or your wife with a Turbo S if you were fortunate enough to own one.

Last edited by phaser; 12-13-2021 at 09:33 PM.
Old 12-13-2021 | 11:15 PM
Vista6019
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by phaser
Safe to say that many of us have the same idea and desire.
It will however be rare if ever that we perform an all out ***** to the wall traffic light launch to 60 or more from a dead stand still. You can absolutely terrify the general public with this kind of acceleration as very, very, few people have experienced anything like it.
I launched a '16 Z06 that I used to own with a friend who had never ridden in anything faster than a C4 Corvette and caused him to go into what appeared at first to be a seizure. The average person is not ready for this stuff. You don't even wanna guess about how bad you could scare a child or your wife with a Turbo S if you were fortunate enough to own one.
Phaser, based on your comments, assuming that you are a 992S owner?
Old 12-13-2021 | 11:32 PM
westcoastj
Pro

Originally Posted by Tupper
Yes, but I'm taking about the base Carrera. I already know that my Carrera S would obliterate the M340i. Base Carrera would also probably win handily, but obviously by a lesser margin.
Here's a carwow video of base 992 vs m3 and the base 911 beat the M3 from a stop (but not a rolling start). So yeah should be a lot faster than the m340i

Quick Reply: 992s vs base (again)