Sponsored by:

What products are you using to clean your 992

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2020, 08:09 PM
Kramerica71
AutoX

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What products are you using to clean your 992

Which brand are you all using/recommend for normal care care ... wash, wheels, leather, cab top etc. ? Apologies if this is already addressed in another thread. A search didn’t turn up much. Thanks.

Old 09-11-2020, 10:01 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,145 Likes on 3,010 Posts

Mine is ceramic coated with CQuartzFinest. Ceramic makes things considerably easier to keep clean. Everything is ceramic coated — I don’t have to use any harsh products to clean the wheels, just regular high quality car wash. I’ve been using CarPro and Griots products.

When it comes to the wash itself, I use the two bucket method: One bucket clean/soap, the other for rinsing with a grit guard. Car gets blown dry with an high output electric leaf blower. I use Griots rinseless car wash for the door sills.
Old 09-11-2020, 11:15 PM
1RedHead
Racer

Received 302 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by detansinn
Mine is ceramic coated with CQuartzFinest. Ceramic makes things considerably easier to keep clean. Everything is ceramic coated — I don’t have to use any harsh products to clean the wheels, just regular high quality car wash. I’ve been using CarPro and Griots products.

When it comes to the wash itself, I use the two bucket method: One bucket clean/soap, the other for rinsing with a grit guard. Car gets blown dry with an high output electric leaf blower. I use Griots rinseless car wash for the door sills.
Same here but I also use a foam cannon with CarPro soap for the ceramic coating. Discussing car washing details is almost like bringing up Religion or Politics. Everyone has very strong opinions on product and methodology and ultimately you need to decide what is right for you.
The following 2 users liked this post by 1RedHead:
aggie57 (09-13-2020), detansinn (09-11-2020)
Old 09-11-2020, 11:56 PM
smiles11
Rennlist Member

Received 3,393 Likes on 1,484 Posts

My car will have the same Kamikaze/ISM ceramic coating as my last.

Kamikaze anti-aging ceramic shampoo used with Karcher foam gun/pressure washer (adjustable psi), big boi pro blower & Kamikaze ceramic overcoat spray for touch up.

If the car gets really dirty, I mix in the two-bucket after the foam+pressure wash stage.

Always wash inside & I always try to avoid touching the car as much as possible, but when I do, it’s only with high quality micro fiber rags.

No better feeling when you finish the job
Old 09-12-2020, 09:33 PM
nuporsche
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 13 Posts

Look up JIMBO'S DETAILING on you tube. This guy is a detail expert I think but he compares products against each other in a non sponsored manner. He simply sprays two products on a test hood say Turtle wax against Meguires and then washes the hood to see the results. Then abuses the surface with various other products like Iron oxide cleaners and the like and sees which product takes the most punishment. Surprisingly simple Turtle wax ceramic products out shine more expensive products. You can make an educated choice.

Rick
Old 09-12-2020, 10:52 PM
bboerit
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Been only using the full line of Zaino products for 17 years now. Highly recommend.
The following users liked this post:
Patriot (09-13-2020)
Old 09-13-2020, 02:29 AM
GT Rennsport
Advanced

Received 81 Likes on 33 Posts

Foam cannon, two bucket wash method.

Right now I have been using Griot's car wash as it smells pretty good. The suds are great. I go over the car with synthetic clay every couple of washes (gently).

Most importantly, I blow the car dry and use a new microfiber madness polishing towel with WashMist Waterless Wash afterwards as a detail spray.

If I have control over the washing machine, I will run vinegar through it to clean and then wash the microfibers with hot water and no additive detergent, double rinse.

I hang my towels to dry in my guest bathroom (or lanai if not too windy), as I do not want to put them in the dryer because of fabric softener contamination.

Car is protected with C-Quartz Finest Reserve and I will use Q-Quartz Reload every few months.
detansinn (09-13-2020)
Old 09-14-2020, 09:31 AM
Keith Morgan
Intermediate

Received 68 Likes on 25 Posts

No ceramic coat on mine. A buddy that ran a detail shop for many years turned me on to the Adams line of cleaning products.

A little background on my "cleaning mindset" first here: I didn't care. Never cared. My mindset was, "sooooo, just how does that dirt affect my laptimes again?" My method for keeping my car clean, was to just wait until I ran into one of my sports-car-cleaning OCD friends to see it filthy, freak out, and offer to wash it for me, just so they weren't afflicted with having to look at a brandy new 911 that was utterly filthy. They'd detail the thing for me, just because they considered my dirt unforgivable blasphemy. They were concerned for the fate of my eternal soul.

And at this point, I just kind of assumed "soap is soap, soap with a wax is a soap with a wax, just wash the car, it doesn't matter." I mean, my GAF level was almost low enough to take the thing through a drive-through. Almost.

Anyway, on a bit of a whim, I decided to... well... wash my car. I obtained the Adams soap, drug out the hose, and gave it a bath. I really couldn't believe how good the car looked. And I have a black one, where, every fingerprint and waterspot glares like a beacon.

If you have a ceramic coat, I can't help you. But on the factory finish, that Adams stuff kind of blew my mind. It looks so good I actually bother to wash my car now.

I don't know if this is personal growth or regression.

Last edited by Keith Morgan; 09-14-2020 at 09:33 AM.
vroooom (08-04-2023)
Old 09-14-2020, 07:17 PM
sj24k
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 24 Posts

PPF front end and rocker panels and C Quartz Finest Reserve on all painted surfaces. Makes routine cleaning much easier. In terms of products and approach, I'm a fan of Ammo. I'm nowhere near as obsessive as Larry (doubt many are) but he covers all the basics and bases on his site, and the products work great. Like everything else, there are many good options and many varied opinions. https://www.ammonyc.com/

Good luck.

Old 09-14-2020, 10:39 PM
KCviper
Racer

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

I used to use Zaino but switched to Adams over a decade and never looked back. Do yourself a favor and check them out. Excellent products and customer service!!
Keith Morgan (09-15-2020)
Old 09-14-2020, 11:32 PM
IORR
Racer

Received 178 Likes on 90 Posts

CarPro Reset

THE Best

Quick Reply: What products are you using to clean your 992