Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6 month owners review- 992 S

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2020 | 01:52 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by G650
I often find that if I unlock the car and am busy loading things in the Frunk, or checking traffic on my phone first the phone is already connected to CarPlay as soon as I switch on the PCM
I find the same thing, as if the act of unlocking the car is enough of an event to boot the PCM. Even the notorious homelink is available quicker and that's part of the car module, one of the very last PCM modules to load.
The following users liked this post:
G650 (08-31-2020)
Old 08-31-2020 | 02:37 PM
NigelPlays
Racer

My car is now a year old. Some of the things i noticed that changed with software update.

Auto headlight high beam now works as it didn't before. The dash icon was always on yellow. Now its white during the day. Yellow at night, and blue when activating high beams automatically.

Comfort access use to work from 6 feet. Know it doesn't recognize my hand under the door anymore. I have to use my key unlock button to get in.

Auto wipers now turn on when a small bug hits my window. Super sensitive.

Car play still freezes when starting the car. I have to turn off the car and open the door for the system to reset at least once a week.

I have 20k now on it and still the best purchase ever.
Old 08-31-2020 | 09:59 PM
mikey94025
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NigelPlays
My car is now a year old. Some of the things i noticed that changed with software update.
Did you have the software update installed at the dealer or are we able to get wireless updates OTA? In know the navigation maps data can update OTA and recently did, but don't know if the PCM software can be updated that way too.

My PCM software version displays as: MH2p_US_POG35_P2656 (2656).

I'm addicted to installing the latest updates ("it must be better" - Sadly, often not true for our home's wireless router firmware).
Old 09-01-2020 | 01:21 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NigelPlays

Auto headlight high beam now works as it didn't before. The dash icon was always on yellow. Now its white during the day. Yellow at night, and blue when activating high beams automatically.

Comfort access use to work from 6 feet. Know it doesn't recognize my hand under the door anymore. I have to use my key unlock button to get in.

Auto wipers now turn on when a small bug hits my window. Super sensitive.

Car play still freezes when starting the car. I have to turn off the car and open the door for the system to reset at least once a week.

I have 20k now on it and still the best purchase ever.
The following users liked this post:
NigelPlays (09-01-2020)
Old 09-01-2020 | 02:49 AM
NigelPlays
Racer

Originally Posted by mikey94025
Did you have the software update installed at the dealer or are we able to get wireless updates OTA? In know the navigation maps data can update OTA and recently did, but don't know if the PCM software can be updated that way too.

My PCM software version displays as: MH2p_US_POG35_P2656 (2656).

I'm addicted to installing the latest updates ("it must be better" - Sadly, often not true for our home's wireless router firmware).
dealer installed.

Quick Reply: 6 month owners review- 992 S