Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Photos of Leather (and Alcantara) Sun Visors?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2020, 08:50 AM
TheGreatJ
Racer

Location: Right below the Northern Lights, when not travelling all around.
Received 178 Likes on 107 Posts
Default Photos of Leather (and Alcantara) Sun Visors?

Could somebody kindly post a photo of their sun visor(s) in leather in a 992? (Someone's car must have got them.)

I've been trying to search for one, to see how they look like in real life, but can't seem to find, not matter how hard I search. I am planning to potentially replace the standard ones with leather, but want to see first, if they even remotely look anything worth the cost..

We can also use this thread as an example of different kind of sun visors - both in leather and alcantara - in different colours, so feel free to post photos of any special order visors!

Cheers!

Last edited by TheGreatJ; 08-11-2020 at 02:52 PM.
The following users liked this post:
brucewinter (08-11-2020)
Old 08-11-2020, 08:52 AM
Metalblond
Pro

Received 463 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by TheGreatJ
Could somebody kindly post a photo of their sun visor(s) in leather in a 992? (Someone's car must have got them.)

I've been trying to search for one, to see how they look like in real life, but can't seem to find, not matter how hard I search. I am planning to potentially replace the standard ones with leather, but want to see first, if they even remotely look anything worth the cost..

We can also use this thread as an example of different kind of sun visors - both in leather and alcantara - in different colours, so feel free to post photos of those as well!

Cheers!
I'm looking for those too so I'm going to jump onto this thread. The ones I am looking for do not have all the "you will die warnings" printing on them. Thanks!
The following 2 users liked this post by Metalblond:
SamD (08-11-2020), TheGreatJ (08-11-2020)
Old 08-11-2020, 09:24 AM
Metalblond
Pro

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/sku992visors.html

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/skualc992c.html

Just found these at Suncoast! Looks like you can get them without the stickers too!
Old 08-11-2020, 10:07 AM
TheGreatJ
Racer

Originally Posted by Metalblond
https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/sku992visors.html

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/skualc992c.html

Just found these at Suncoast! Looks like you can get them without the stickers too!
I am not 100 % sure that those photos on Suncoast's page are from a 992. (They look like they are from a 991). Something in them doesn't look right to me, but not sure of course.

It would be great to see some actual photos of some Rennlister's car with the leather visors. Please, chime in!
WellDressedCar (08-11-2020)
Old 08-11-2020, 10:26 AM
WellDressedCar
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 61 Posts

I remember reading on another thread that the Suncoast 992 version of Race-Tex (looks like Alcantara) visors came with stickers on them, not the 991 version, however.

That's why I ended up just going with the basic visors on my build. Still went with the Race-Tex headliner—it really makes the area above your head not feel like you're in an Audi A4. Wish they would have made the Race-Tex standard like in previous 911's...
The following 2 users liked this post by WellDressedCar:
Metalblond (08-11-2020), Schorsch (02-12-2022)
Old 08-11-2020, 11:57 AM
Drizz
Racer

Received 221 Likes on 97 Posts

I’ve got them and will take a pic in a few hours. I can confirm they do have the ugly yellow and black stickers on each of them. I saw a forum post about how they can be removed with rubbing alcohol, which I think I’m going to try even though I’m somewhat hesitant about ruining the Alcantara.

I did the Alcantara headliner, steering wheel and center console lid so felt it would look out of place if the visors weren’t Alcantara as well.
The following 3 users liked this post by Drizz:
M3Inline6 (02-12-2022), Metalblond (08-11-2020), TheGreatJ (08-11-2020)
Old 08-11-2020, 12:27 PM
Metalblond
Pro

Originally Posted by Drizz
I’ve got them and will take a pic in a few hours. I can confirm they do have the ugly yellow and black stickers on each of them. I saw a forum post about how they can be removed with rubbing alcohol, which I think I’m going to try even though I’m somewhat hesitant about ruining the Alcantara.

I did the Alcantara headliner, steering wheel and center console lid so felt it would look out of place if the visors weren’t Alcantara as well.
Can't wait to see them! I did the Alcantara headliner and thinking that the visors would look awesome so I'm leaning in that direction.
Drizz (08-11-2020)
Old 08-11-2020, 12:46 PM
apias
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

What might work better than isopropanol (rubbing alcohol) is ethanol. If they sell high proof grain alcohol in your state, pick up a bottle of Everclear 190 (95% ethanol) or other high proof grain alcohol and try that. (The 150 proof (75%) might not be pure enough.) It's also useful as a general purpose, food safe, cleaning fluid.

Last edited by apias; 08-12-2020 at 12:07 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by apias:
Drizz (08-11-2020), Metalblond (08-11-2020)
Old 08-11-2020, 02:50 PM
TheGreatJ
Racer

Thanks, @Drizz Looking forward to seeing them and comparing the differences between the 991 ones (if there are any).. I do like the Alcantara ones too personally but as I don't have the Alcantara roof either (shame on me), I might appreciate the leather ones more this time, especially in the same colour as my leather interior. It's such a shame that the alcantara ones cannot be gotten in any other colour than black as a retrofit (according to my understanding at least), even though the roof lining can be of different colour..

So, still also looking for pic of a 992 with the leather visors. There must be someone on the forum with them?
Old 08-11-2020, 06:14 PM
Drizz
Racer

As promised

The following 2 users liked this post by Drizz:
Metalblond (08-11-2020), TheGreatJ (08-11-2020)
Old 08-11-2020, 06:18 PM
Jerry991
Pro

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts

I have a 991 GTS with the Espresso/Cognac interior and it was ordered with alcantara sun visors which only come in black and Porsche said they would not make them in brown to match the headliner. I did replace them with matching brown leather sun visors and I must admit that unless you look really closely you cannot tell what color they are. I did try and remove the stickers and was successful with one but not the other. Had to send the bad one to a leather restorer who was able to remove the imperfections and match the color.
Old 08-11-2020, 06:20 PM
smiles11
Rennlist Member

Received 3,393 Likes on 1,484 Posts

I bought the sticker-less alcantara sun visors off suncoast; but my car was also ordered with alcantara sun visors lol

So if anyone wants to buy the US sticker sun visors off of me. Send me a PM.
Old 08-11-2020, 06:20 PM
Metalblond
Pro

Drizz, thanks for posting! They look great. Where did you get them?
Old 08-11-2020, 06:44 PM
TheGreatJ
Racer

Originally Posted by Jerry991
I have a 991 GTS with the Espresso/Cognac interior and it was ordered with alcantara sun visors which only come in black and Porsche said they would not make them in brown to match the headliner. I did replace them with matching brown leather sun visors and I must admit that unless you look really closely you cannot tell what color they are. I did try and remove the stickers and was successful with one but not the other. Had to send the bad one to a leather restorer who was able to remove the imperfections and match the color.
@Jerry991 Sorry to hear about your misfortune with the removal! Luckily those leather wizards can fix almost anything. And thanks for confirming that the alcantara visors cannot be had in colour, even if ordering with the new car. That is what I suspected.

Originally Posted by smiles11
I bought the sticker-less alcantara sun visors off suncoast; but my car was also ordered with alcantara sun visors lol

So if anyone wants to buy the US sticker sun visors off of me. Send me a PM.
@smiles11, I have high respect for you. I might consider buying those old ones off of you, if I find out that the leather ones are not worthwhile (and perhaps try to work my magic on the stickers...)

As promised
@Drizz Great, thanks for sharing! Much appreciated. Those do look very nice! But man, those U.S. version stickers are large!!! Such a waste of nice visors (that one pays a big $ for). They should at least give a discount due to the stickers...

I have one smaller sticker on the passenger side visor of my European leatherette visors, none on the driver's side.
Drizz (08-11-2020)
Old 08-11-2020, 06:44 PM
Drizz
Racer

Originally Posted by Metalblond
Drizz, thanks for posting! They look great. Where did you get them?
Spec’d it on my build. Factory direct.

Quick Reply: Photos of Leather (and Alcantara) Sun Visors?