Sponsored by:

Installed an external SIM, Improved Performance

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2020, 12:08 PM
Johnboston
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jfr0317
Well, it was working until 2 days ago. When I was using Apple CarPlay, a wi-fi symbol showed up on my CarPlay screen where it would show LTE if the iPhone were not connected to wi-fi with internet access. I am assuming it gets that access via the 2.4 GHz WLAN, but it might be using the 5 GHz WLAN for internet access instead.

Unfortunately, when I went out for a drive on Monday, I noticed that the wi-fi symbol was no longer there. I stopped and checked the wi-fi status on my iPhone, and it showed no internet connection and had the wi-fi symbol with an exclamation point on it. I decided to turn off "Mobile Data Service", but when I tried to turn it back on, that option was grayed out. I am going to take it to the dealer after the holidays.
Thanks for the quick response. If I figure anything out to keep wireless data service as well as wireless CarPlay simultaneously, I will post here. I would also be interested to hear if you learn anything from your dealer. Thanks again and happy holidays.
The following users liked this post:
jfr0317 (12-23-2020)
Old 01-07-2021, 02:59 PM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by jfr0317
Well, it was working until 2 days ago. When I was using Apple CarPlay, a wi-fi symbol showed up on my CarPlay screen where it would show LTE if the iPhone were not connected to wi-fi with internet access. I am assuming it gets that access via the 2.4 GHz WLAN, but it might be using the 5 GHz WLAN for internet access instead.

Unfortunately, when I went out for a drive on Monday, I noticed that the wi-fi symbol was no longer there. I stopped and checked the wi-fi status on my iPhone, and it showed no internet connection and had the wi-fi symbol with an exclamation point on it. I decided to turn off "Mobile Data Service", but when I tried to turn it back on, that option was grayed out. I am going to take it to the dealer after the holidays.
Update - I wound up resetting the PCM. After that, the Mobile Data Service option was no longer grayed out, and the internet connection was working again.
Old 01-09-2021, 11:08 PM
lkngshrp
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
Default How do you reset the pcm?

Can’t seem to find it anywhere
Old 01-09-2021, 11:59 PM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by lkngshrp
Can’t seem to find it anywhere