Sponsored by:

18 way seat issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2020, 12:50 AM
HamiltonGT4
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 18 way seat issues

Hi there I noticed today that if my car has sat off for more than say 10 min and I get my 18 ways will adjust the seating position automatically when I start the ignition. However it will adjust the seating position only not the the bolster settings. If I press the seat memory button it will adjust the bolsters. If the ignition was off say for only a couple minutes it will adjust everything automatically. Anyone have this issue?
Old 07-16-2020, 06:14 AM
RJR88
Intermediate

Received 78 Likes on 19 Posts

I have the same problem with my 14’s. Hopefully someone can help out.
Old 07-16-2020, 09:59 PM
Richard_Wallace
Rennlist Member

Received 1,691 Likes on 754 Posts

Hmmm... Not sure I am exactly following the issue - My 18s work with everything adjusting based on last setting when you turn off the car.

Try this. When you get in, turn your key to the first position (assuming you have done a memory setting with your preferred settings with the same key you had when exiting the car). See if that works, but do not turn it all the way to start.

If that does not work, you can go into your settings and reset. It is also key specific, so if you switched keys by chance that can have something to do with it. Also - I believe it will remember the last setting you set, with that key, regardless of if you set it to memory - they work independently in that regards.
Old 07-16-2020, 11:48 PM
ryanlsmith
Racer

Received 262 Likes on 132 Posts

I have the 14-way and sometimes it just doesn't adjust anything from the entry/exit convenience setting at all upon starting.
Old 07-17-2020, 12:35 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,777 Likes on 5,141 Posts

Originally Posted by HamiltonGT4
Hi there I noticed today that if my car has sat off for more than say 10 min and I get my 18 ways will adjust the seating position automatically when I start the ignition. However it will adjust the seating position only not the the bolster settings. If I press the seat memory button it will adjust the bolsters. If the ignition was off say for only a couple minutes it will adjust everything automatically. Anyone have this issue?
I think that’s how it’s always been.

Quick Reply: 18 way seat issues