Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Connect Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2020 | 04:07 AM
Principissimo
Rennlist Member

Default Porsche Connect Nightmare

Two weeks ago I made a change with my Porsche dealer: gave back 992 coupe for a 992 cabriolet same age and with same mileage as mine.

Added it to my Porsche account and for one week the Connect system worked perfectly. I even bought form Porsche connect store the Satellite protection.
After some days my car was cancelled from my account (nobody knows why). Porsche connect assistance added the car again to my account but no online service is now working! No weather, no traffic, no news and no satellite.
But the worst thing is that they don't know what to do and told me it can take several weeks to solve the problem!

I think this is crazy and wanted to have some suggestions.
Old 06-30-2020 | 05:40 AM
French Blue
Instructor

My Porsche Connect has never worked... This software update they keep promising needs to drop like yesterday...
Old 06-30-2020 | 08:55 AM
Principissimo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by French Blue
My Porsche Connect has never worked... This software update they keep promising needs to drop like yesterday...
You mean it still does not work????
ANd what did they tell you?
Old 06-30-2020 | 11:26 AM
992Sam
Three Wheelin'

I wrote to Porsche directly via their website contact and let them know there are way to many bugs with this and PCM in general... They need to hear from everyone.
Old 06-30-2020 | 12:49 PM
Principissimo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 992Sam
I wrote to Porsche directly via their website contact and let them know there are way to many bugs with this and PCM in general... They need to hear from everyone.
Did the same but still no answer from them.
Old 06-30-2020 | 12:59 PM
992Sam
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Principissimo
Did the same but still no answer from them.
did you call them? As in by phone?

I did both, and the response to my email took about 1 week... it basically said we need you to take this up with the dealer, but the phone call yielded a "We'll let them know" .. response.
Old 06-30-2020 | 09:02 PM
ryanlsmith
Racer

I wonder if Porsche is actually processing the submissions with scrutiny or just glossing over and *maybe* filing bugs if they see something that sticks out. An alternative would be to get a list going to capture all the common issues and tally the number of people impacted, with the wishful thinking of getting that in front of someone meaningful like a director or VP type.
Old 06-30-2020 | 09:11 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

It's been like this since 2016 when it came out. Serves it well to help one decides on paying beyond the first year. 4 different cars and it never worked properly or reliably.
The following users liked this post:
Mikster (03-17-2021)
Old 07-01-2020 | 10:53 AM
Principissimo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 992Sam
did you call them? As in by phone?

I did both, and the response to my email took about 1 week... it basically said we need you to take this up with the dealer, but the phone call yielded a "We'll let them know" .. response.
In their last call they said it can takes weeks!
I wrote them today saying that if the system will not work by Monday I will ask my lawyer to write a letter
Old 07-01-2020 | 09:31 PM
French Blue
Instructor

Originally Posted by Principissimo
You mean it still does not work????
ANd what did they tell you?
Oh, the usual... Due to the pandemic, they have fewer brand ambassador experts working, so someone will get back to me... Have I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app... Do I have good cellphone service... Is the car full of bees... If the car is full of bees, then I should first remove the bees before attempting to connect the app... If I have removed the bees from the car, did they leave any honey behind, and if they did, could I bring some by the service department... You know, pretty much the typical responses.

I honestly don’t let it bother me. It is what it is, and hopefully this allegedly forthcoming update will arrive shortly.
The following users liked this post:
KLOC (07-28-2022)
Old 07-01-2020 | 09:38 PM
Kevlin
6th Gear

unacceptable for the price point of the car ... and frustrating, they should have 99.9% bugs fixed before delivery, might wait now 992.2 for them to actually iron it all out
Old 07-02-2020 | 01:07 AM
Principissimo
Rennlist Member

Yesterday they cancelled my Porsche ID. They created a brand new one with the car inside. They asked me to use the new one. I lost half an hour following their instructions and the situation did not change.
Biggest issue being that my insurance obliged me to have Porsche Car Security Package to insurance against theft. I bought it but it does not work so, actually, if the car is stolen insurance will not pay!!!!
Already sent the documentation to my lawyer who will write a letter on monday. Sent an email to Porsche telling what above and that, in case the car is stolen, I consider them liable if insurance will not pay.
Old 07-02-2020 | 07:09 AM
PBM
Instructor

....on the other hand, mine works fine ...online ( on PC ) or on Porsche connect on my phone which I just reloaded on account changing my phone a few weeks ago .
I too had to annual renew ( 89 GBP in UK ) as car just turned 1 year old , the connect ;so that the tracking subscription ( PVTS) or so called security package works ......... as mandated by insurance company

​​​​​​​I suggest your official Porsche centre should get this sorted right now , on the face of it what you are experiencing is completely unacceptable.
Old 07-02-2020 | 02:10 PM
Principissimo
Rennlist Member

First time in my life, and I had more than 50 cars, I had to ask a lawyer to write to them.
Crazy.
What is unacceptable is their silence. Dealer is helping me but there’s nothing he can do.
When you spend these money for a car you deserve a top after sale service. Really disappointed by Porsche.
The following 2 users liked this post by Principissimo:
GermanInOhio (07-02-2020), Mikster (03-17-2021)
Old 07-03-2020 | 03:41 PM
WellDressedCar
Racer

Angry

Originally Posted by French Blue
Ditto. Complete fail. Hopefully a software update fixes it...whenever that is...

Quick Reply: Porsche Connect Nightmare