992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Connect Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2020 | 05:07 PM
seanhaus
Rennlist Member

Porsche’s software capabilities have never been very strong. I had some connect issues similar to yours in my 991.2 and after weeks of go-around, I just gave up.

I took delivery at PECLA back in February for my 992 and was expecting the car to be “perfect.” The car itself is great, but once again I’m having intermittent Connect issues; especially when trying to interface with the mobile app. Some days it’s great others it bugs out, then will be back to normal the next day.
Old 07-04-2020 | 05:19 AM
Principissimo
Rennlist Member

My biggest issue is that my insurance require to have satellite protection which I actually don't have.
So in case the car is stolen they will not cover or will only partially cover.
Thant's why I'm really upset.
NO answer even after the letter. No word.
Old 07-09-2020 | 08:08 AM
Principissimo
Rennlist Member

Nightmare continues.
Car is still at the dealer with nothing of the connect services working. So car not insured on thefts.
Paid for a car I can’t use.
Old 07-09-2020 | 09:09 AM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

No Connect issues here in my July 2019 build.
Old 03-10-2021 | 08:07 AM
Schoi78
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Principissimo
My biggest issue is that my insurance require to have satellite protection which I actually don't have.
So in case the car is stolen they will not cover or will only partially cover.
Thant's why I'm really upset.
NO answer even after the letter. No word.
any update on this? How did the dealer fix?
my car connect also has been having issues (satellite can’t find / low signal to car).
Old 03-10-2021 | 07:26 PM
satk
Intermediate

As an FYI to others - just took my 2021 C2S to dealer today for a couple of issues. One was with Porsche Connect which had been working fine since I took delivery in December 2020. Then last month it all of a sudden stopped working. I tried de-activating/re-activating my Porsche ID as suggested elsewhere here but no good. Dealer advised that a "module" that controls Porsche Connect and the Emergency Call service failed and needed to be replaced. Part needs to be ordered and will be in next week. Will let you guys know how it goes.
Old 03-11-2021 | 05:53 AM
steve9
Instructor

There was a recent case in the UK with the exact same symptoms as the OP posted. The dealer was not able to resolve the problem and Porsche AG did not provide any fix, so he rejected the car and has a new one on order at zero additional cost (I think). I'm not sure is linking to other forums is permitted, but the if you go to pistonheads Porsche forum you will see it documented in a thread called 992 Nightmare.

Quick Reply: Porsche Connect Nightmare