Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track Your Dream Observation(s)

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2020 | 05:17 PM
russbert
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Todd C
Russbert - I hope I don't get your hopes up unexpectedly, but the ship Sagittarius Leader left Eden on 27 Jun - it looks like your 992 might have made it onto that vessel. It's due to arrive in Jacksonville on 9 July, which fits the "Expected Date" column on your screenshot. Fingers crossed!
Todd, thanks but you couldn't get my hopes too much higher than they already are. LOL According to Marine Traffic the Sagittarius Leader is going to Santo Domingo on that timing; however, my SA confirmed that mine is on the Siem Cicero which should arrive in Davisville, RI late on 7/5 so mine should arrive in Jacksonville, FL on the 9th or 10th.
The following 2 users liked this post by russbert:
Metalblond (06-29-2020), Todd C (06-29-2020)
Old 06-29-2020 | 06:49 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
FWIW, although my car entered production on 23 June, TYD is still showing as “in production”. It should be out of production by now.
Don't worry, mine is in San Diego right now but My Porsche still says it's "scheduled for production", and TYD has it sitting off the coast of Colombia. At least the friendly folks at Porsche Irvine know where it is

Last edited by aggie57; 06-29-2020 at 09:35 PM.
Old 06-29-2020 | 08:17 PM
russbert
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by aggie57
Don't worry, mine is in San Diego right now but My Porsche still says it's "scheduled for production", and TYD still has it in sitting off the coast of Colombia. At least the friendly folks at at Porsche Irvine know where it is

The following users liked this post:
aggie57 (06-29-2020)
Old 06-30-2020 | 09:38 PM
Bill Krauss
Cruisin'

TYD stopped tracking mine as soon as it entered New England coastal waters. Marinetracker followed it all the way into Houston on 6/28. I expect to see the car on 10 July which is right on schedule. Then, i have to wait for ceramic and PPF to get done. PM3SZ341.
This is probably the last 911 I will own. Production was stopped due to corona or I would have had it at the end of May. All told, you have to admire how quickly Porsche started up again.

The following 2 users liked this post by Bill Krauss:
russbert (07-01-2020), Todd C (06-30-2020)
Old 07-01-2020 | 03:49 AM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bill Krauss
All told, you have to admire how quickly Porsche started up again.
Same; my car entered production right as they shut down, and was completed after the restart. You have to be impressed at how they got things moving again.
Metalblond (07-01-2020)
Old 07-05-2020 | 09:14 AM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

This is the mismatch between “My Porsche” and “Track Your Dream” since last Tuesday. One denotes production will start, and the other that production is completed. In reality, it is probably at Emden. This concerns me that the 992 is so software dependent but they can’t get this simple thing right. They should just take it down and call it what it is: a failure and embarrassment.

Old 07-05-2020 | 11:47 AM
russbert
Burning Brakes

Dan, at least your two different views are WAY BETTER than mine. TYD still shows my car is enroute to Emden, and is scheduled to arrive at my dealer by 7/31. My Porsche still says it's scheduled for production.

However, the Siem Cicero is now at Georges Bank, on its way to Davisville, RI and is scheduled to arrive at 0100 tomorrow morning. Which means what my SA sent me via text last week is much closer to the truth. It should arrive in Jacksonville, FL by Friday, 7/10, OUT by 7/17 and arrive in Knoxville, TN by 7/24.

At this point, I am actually rooting for the TYD / My Porsche to stay where it currently is WHEN I take receipt of the car later this month. Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-05-2020 | 11:50 AM
russbert
Burning Brakes

Perhaps I'll get a picture of my 992 being made sometime before I sell my car in 4-5 years.
Old 07-05-2020 | 11:59 AM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

Originally Posted by russbert
Dan, at least your two different views are WAY BETTER than mine. TYD still shows my car is enroute to Emden, and is scheduled to arrive at my dealer by 7/31. My Porsche still says it's scheduled for production.

However, the Siem Cicero is now at Georges Bank, on its way to Davisville, RI and is scheduled to arrive at 0100 tomorrow morning. Which means what my SA sent me via text last week is much closer to the truth. It should arrive in Jacksonville, FL by Friday, 7/10, OUT by 7/17 and arrive in Knoxville, TN by 7/24.

At this point, I am actually rooting for the TYD / My Porsche to stay where it currently is WHEN I take receipt of the car later this month. Thanks for sharing.
Lol, yes, it is a joke!!
Metalblond (07-05-2020)
Old 07-05-2020 | 12:13 PM
Todd C
Instructor

Originally Posted by russbert

...Which is still way better than having neither, like me. Doh! I believe mine is at Emden now. No updated shipping schedule for July yet, so I don’t have a good way to forecast when mine will arrive. Guessing mid August at this point.
Old 07-05-2020 | 12:20 PM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

Originally Posted by Todd C
...Which is still way better than having neither, like me. Doh! I believe mine is at Emden now. No updated shipping schedule for July yet, so I don’t have a good way to forecast when mine will arrive. Guessing mid August at this point.
If you are at Emden, then probably on the same boat as mine. It’s scheduled to be on the RoRo and leaving port in the 17th.
Old 07-05-2020 | 12:32 PM
Metalblond
Pro

My TYD says I'm still in the famous Porsche purgatory aka "Scheduled for Production". According to My Porsche and to my SA, my car is produced and is most likely sitting at Emden with her brother cars (Dan and Todd)- and waiting for a ship to sail- supposedly on the 17th. I have an ETA arrival July 31st at the RI port --but, of course, according to TYD I'm not even built. How do you know the ship you are scheduled on?
Old 07-05-2020 | 12:44 PM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

Originally Posted by Metalblond
My TYD says I'm still in the famous Porsche purgatory aka "Scheduled for Production". According to My Porsche and to my SA, my car is produced and is most likely sitting at Emden with her brother cars (Dan and Todd)- and waiting for a ship to sail- supposedly on the 17th. I have an ETA arrival July 31st at the RI port --but, of course, according to TYD I'm not even built. How do you know the ship you are scheduled on?
Ours is scheduled to be on the RoRo. Let’s see if that date moves up!
Old 07-05-2020 | 01:31 PM
russbert
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Metalblond
The best way is to ask your SA and they will get the latest, up-to-date information (including ship name) for you.
Metalblond (07-05-2020)
Old 07-05-2020 | 03:09 PM
Andyx73
Intermediate

Looks like we are all on the same boat

The following 2 users liked this post by Andyx73:
Dan Nagy (07-05-2020), Todd C (07-05-2020)

Quick Reply: Track Your Dream Observation(s)