Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2020 or 2021

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2020, 07:32 PM
Javriv
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The ultimatum is deliver me my car or give me my deposit back. Absent explicit terms, reasonable time for delivery of goods is the rule. They can’t hold my deposit forever (because for example they are giving allocations to other customers that came after me). At one point it’s conversation. Thanks.
Old 06-14-2020, 01:12 PM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Received 640 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by Javriv
The ultimatum is deliver me my car or give me my deposit back. Absent explicit terms, reasonable time for delivery of goods is the rule. They can’t hold my deposit forever (because for example they are giving allocations to other customers that came after me). At one point it’s conversation. Thanks.
I think the system-generated schedule is the “reasonable time for delivery”. That said, if you are unhappy with the delay then you should absolutely ask for your deposit back. I know that in California deposits must be returned—not sure where you are located. If you want a car, however, and you want it built to your spec you are probably best off waiting for the order that is in the queue (or maybe getting lucky and finding an allocation that is close to lock).

Good luck!

Quick Reply: 2020 or 2021