Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Stereo Options

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2020 | 07:43 AM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

Originally Posted by lalalife
Many thanks again to those with helpful direction. As correctly identified I am neither seeking, nor expect an audiophile experience. The base system sounds as if someone took a discount bluetooth speaker and tossed it somewhere in the frunk... this is not a symptom of the audio source and I had perfectly listenable sound (fine, not mind-blowing, not awful) via Apple Music through wireless CarPlay in my M4 and also thought similar (fine/acceptable sound) in a friend's 991.2 GT3rs that has the Bose (for those insisting that acceptable sound is impossible in a loud car) via Apple Music through wired CarPlay.

In pursuit of that goal, a reasonable budget, and with an eye on not "killing resale value" as was highlighted by others... I have decided to work with Haas Entertainment in Los Angeles to replace the existing speakers with much higher quality versions of the same dimensions, and replace the existing amplifier under the passenger seat with an 8x85watt to drive those speakers. This should be fully reversible in resale, appear fully OEM, and create no new holes in the car.

Will provide updates if interested.
Absolutely!! Please let us know how it turned out.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dan Nagy:
Farmlyf (09-03-2020), SantaFePorsche (05-28-2020)
Old 05-28-2020 | 08:17 AM
Metalblond
Pro

Originally Posted by SantaFePorsche
I have the same basic question as lalalife. My 2020 Euro Delivery was cancelled - and had spec’d the Bose system. I’m now doing a 2021 ED - and rethinking a few minor things.

Is there really much difference between the base audio system and the Bose? Is there merit in just getting the base audio system - and then upgrading later if needed?

Ask any audiophile about Bose and you are likely to get the the response “no highs, no lows, must be Bose” . . .
I have the base system on my Cayman and the Bose on my 991.2. One of my friends has the Burmester on their GTS so I have heard all three together. The base system- no matter what you do with it-- sounds pretty much the same- regardless of what type of music you are listening to. No matter what settings you go with, it sounds flat and straight midrange-- not good at all. The Bose and the Burmester will make a difference depending upon what type of music you are listening to. If you like heavier music, putting on the loud button and cranking up the bass and treble on the Bose will outperform the Burmester. If you like more complex music without the heavy bass, the Burmester goes all out and gives you more intense highs and midrange. I couldn't get the Burmester to give me enough bass so I went with the Bose on my 992 spec. Upgrading is going to be costly regardless - so I guess it all depends upon what you listen to. Now with the noise reducing glass (if you go with that option) your entire stereo may sound better--but I doubt anything would help the base model.
Old 05-28-2020 | 07:10 PM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Metalblond
I doubt anything would help the base model.
Totally agree. Porsche's base systems always suck. Unless you don't care about listening to music at all, at least get the Bose.
The following users liked this post:
Metalblond (05-28-2020)
Old 09-02-2020 | 10:52 AM
R0ut3r
Cruisin'

OP, Can you update us with how you like the system after a while?

What are the brands and parts numbers did you use? Do you have any pics of the build?

I just received a 992 C4S Cab downgrading from a Ferrari California T with the enhanced audio and am also interested in seeing what I can do to improve the audio. I had an e92 M3 with the premium audio and still have an F90 M5 with HK so your opinion is valuable to me since those would be similar to your M4.
Old 09-02-2020 | 07:03 PM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by R0ut3r
I just received a 992 C4S Cab upgrading from a Ferrari California T with the enhanced audio and am also interested in seeing what I can do to improve the audio.
FIFY :-)
The following users liked this post:
CarmineGT3 (05-27-2023)

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Stereo Options