Sponsored by:

2021 992 and Targa configurator live

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2020, 01:18 AM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 411 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by tgcrun
All of the kids are grown, I'm retiring from the real estate brokerage business and won't need a 4 door vehicle anymore, and by next spring our two daily drivers will be my Targa and my wife's 997. Add a move to Pasadena and saying goodbye to winters, and I'll be one very happy driver in 2021 (assuming there are Covid vaccines and treatments available).
Where are you coming from? You’ll be able to get plenty of use of that targa top in Pasadena.
Old 04-11-2021, 09:33 PM
JCZ5
Pro

Received 372 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by slc4s
I found the video that will make you feel great about your build

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjbzLP-7LXk
Does anyone know in this vid if it is Guards Red or Carmine Red?
Old 04-11-2021, 11:52 PM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Received 440 Likes on 234 Posts

I think it's Guards, but it's hard to tell with the nighttime setting. By the way, I clicked on this thread and saw my posts from 2020 regarding the Guards Red Targa I had ordered. I turned out my dealer didn't get an allocation, and with renovating our Pasadena house from 3000 miles away, being busy at work, and planning our move, I put the 992 on the back burner. Now that things have calmed down somewhat, I changed course and ordered a 2022 Night Blue Metallic C4S coupe.
Old 04-11-2021, 11:58 PM
JCZ5
Pro

Received 372 Likes on 198 Posts

I think it's Guards, but it's hard to tell with the nighttime setting. By the way, I clicked on this thread and saw my posts from 2020 regarding the Guards Red Targa I had ordered. I turned out my dealer didn't get an allocation, and with renovating our Pasadena house from 3000 miles away, being busy at work, and planning our move, I put the 992 on the back burner. Now that things have calmed down somewhat, I changed course and ordered a 2022 Night Blue Metallic C4S coupe.
Oh man! I was following your posts and hoping I would have seen your Targa in Guards Red to compare. No wonder I was unable to find it. Congrats on the C4S coupe! I originally had an allocation for the C2S and switched to the Targa. Hope it is still as special in some way as the coupe!
Old 04-12-2021, 01:00 AM
markanth
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 28 Posts

Tom,

Don't you want to get the Targa-after all you are heading to Pasadena.

Regards,
Mark
Old 04-12-2021, 02:08 AM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Received 440 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by markanth
Tom,

Don't you want to get the Targa-after all you are heading to Pasadena.

Regards,
Mark
Originally Posted by JCZ5
Oh man! I was following your posts and hoping I would have seen your Targa in Guards Red to compare. No wonder I was unable to find it. Congrats on the C4S coupe! I originally had an allocation for the C2S and switched to the Targa. Hope it is still as special in some way as the coupe!
Now that we're getting close to our permanent move to Pasadena, I started looking at 992s again. 2021 Targa allocations are non-existent, and who knows when 2022s will be available. The dealer I work with in PA had an allocation for a 2022 C4S coupe with a September delivery date, so I jumped on it. Originally, I was going to get the Targa, sell my Macan, and keep my wife's 997 as her daily driver. We've spent some of the winter/early spring in California and realize that living with just two 911s isn't going to work. So, we're keeping the Macan, selling the 997 and the 992 will be my wife's daily. Even though she loved her '87 Guards Red Targa, she decided she'd spend more time driving with an open sunroof than an open Targa top. Surprisingly, she opted for NBM.

Quick Reply: 2021 992 and Targa configurator live