Sponsored by:

Tips and Tricks - Things you may not know on your 992

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2021, 09:17 PM
Mr Bean
Instructor

Received 78 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard_Wallace
Thought I would post a few areas we can all share on tips and tricks that you may not know on the 992. Feel fee to add to the list of areas that new owners may not know:

1.) When programming your home-link for the first time - make sure you are outside your garage, give your car several minutes to pick up GPS signal. Then program your home-link with your opener remote.
I did this the first time without turning on the car for a bit - I got a 50/50 response when pulling into my garage... Once I deleted and tried it with allowing the car to run outside the garage for about 2 minutes - I am now 100% over the last 2 weeks of pulling into the defined GPS area. Also, at first I did it right outside my garage door. I then did it about the end of my drive, so when I first entered my driveway, it would pop up on the PCM - which I could press and by the time I got to my garage door, it was open. This is about 100 yards from the garage. So if you want it to open (as the door takes time to open) before. Get to a place before you pull into the immediate area, and program it. Again, leaving the car on for a few minutes before you program the remote, so it has full GPS signal.

2.) On the Manual 992 - Rev matching is not able to be disabled with any of the config- but if you put it in normal (rev matching is disabled), you can set your individual setting to sports exhaust and PSAM and you do not have rev matching, so you can heal/toe, and have an OG experience.

3.) On the manual, if coming to a sharp incline - if you put it out of gear, depress the break hard. It is like an PDK, - it will hold on the break, you can push in the clutch without the break on, and do a graceful depart with manual transmission (hint - I did read this in the owners manual, but took a few experiments to get this to work correctly). I have a few sharp inclines around my house - nice to have function...

4.) Frunk opening - with key in your pocket. You have to do 2 swipes starting at the top of the porsche logo and down, then up, then down again and it will open 95% of the time. It is a little voodoo, but that is the most consistent way I have found, and I have done it (well a lot of times).

5.) In experimenting with the porsche connect app. I found that you really have to close the doors hard - or they will not close/register properly (I do not often lock my cars in my garage). Kindof slamming them closed. I have closed the doors normally (or what I thought), and if you go into the prosche app, it may say status not available. If you go out to your car (in this case in my garage). You will think everything is good. You really have to close the doors hard, and then you can see the status on your porsche app (locked / unlocked, miles to empty, etc.). You have to really slam the doors closed somewhat firmly.. I have went out a few times, when showing (unavailable) in the app, to find that the window is still not in the full closed position (as it declines a few MMs when opened). I am a bit used to soft closed doors in my other cars - so that is likely the issue.

What do you all have?
Number 3 is cheating! 😀
Old 10-24-2021, 10:10 PM
Kurac
Racer

Received 216 Likes on 117 Posts

Swiping top to bottom worked sporadically until I slowed my swipe. Top to bottom and it works all the time now.
Old 12-09-2021, 04:54 PM
thomd
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

Sport and Sports + autostart is disabled
Normal it is not disabled, but you can through the PCM menu (or if you set up your individual settings).
This is the same on both the PDK and Manual.

On the manual transmission, even if autostart is disabled - if you were to stall - If you push in the clutch, it will autostart back up.
I was told by my SA that in the USA they are required to set that each time the car starts. Only way around it is to customize the "individual" mode and turn it off for that mode. Then you could set your profile to use that mode each time, or manually turn to that mode. He did not mention that Sport and Sport+ disabled it, but that makes sense. It may be the reason to have a "sport" mode instead of the car always having those features active.
Old 12-09-2021, 05:02 PM
achilleas101
Racer

Received 163 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by thomd
I was told by my SA that in the USA they are required to set that each time the car starts. Only way around it is to customize the "individual" mode and turn it off for that mode. Then you could set your profile to use that mode each time, or manually turn to that mode. He did not mention that Sport and Sport+ disabled it, but that makes sense. It may be the reason to have a "sport" mode instead of the car always having those features active.
how the heck do you get it to start in a specific mode by default? I cant seem to figure it out, and mine always goes back to "Normal" which is annoying.
Old 12-09-2021, 05:19 PM
westsiderkg
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by achilleas101
how the heck do you get it to start in a specific mode by default? I cant seem to figure it out, and mine always goes back to "Normal" which is annoying.
X2....I cant figure this out either. Would love to be able to start the car in my Individual Mode each time. Please chime in if you can help, tks!
The following users liked this post:
lucycan (12-10-2021)
Old 12-09-2021, 05:24 PM
thomd
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by achilleas101
I believe under your user profile in the car you can elect what "mode" to select when you start up. BUT, I have just had my car for 24 hours, so I could be wrong.
Old 12-09-2021, 05:39 PM
Richard_Wallace
Rennlist Member

Received 1,726 Likes on 767 Posts

Originally Posted by thomd
I believe under your user profile in the car you can elect what "mode" to select when you start up. BUT, I have just had my car for 24 hours, so I could be wrong.
You cannot select mode to start, it will default to normal after each start.
Old 12-09-2021, 05:57 PM
por356
Racer

Received 388 Likes on 151 Posts

You cannot select mode to start, it will default to normal after each start.
Yup, unfortunately so. I try to back out of the garage as soon as possible, so as not to disturb the neighbors, and damn every time I forget to turn it to SPORT and the car shuts off at the first stop. Maybe I need Prevagen?

Quick Reply: Tips and Tricks - Things you may not know on your 992