Sponsored by:

Postponing delivery due to Coronavirus

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2020, 04:37 PM
EGOTRON
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Postponing delivery due to Coronavirus

Has anyone tried to cancel order or postpone delivery due to Coronavirus concerns? I’m wondering what was the response from Porsche.

How about cancelling a PEC delivery and instead, ask for delivery at a local dealer instead?
Old 03-12-2020, 04:55 PM
seanhaus
Rennlist Member

Received 263 Likes on 150 Posts

I believe there is a window (I think two weeks) that you can cancel your PEC delivery without giving up the cost of it.
Old 03-12-2020, 05:38 PM
moomin
Instructor

Received 183 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by EGOTRON
Has anyone tried to cancel order or postpone delivery due to Coronavirus concerns? I’m wondering what was the response from Porsche.

How about cancelling a PEC delivery and instead, ask for delivery at a local dealer instead?
I thought you had to be at PEC to take delivery?

The risk must be pretty low from one of the performance centers.
Old 03-12-2020, 05:47 PM
SamD
Racer

Received 299 Likes on 141 Posts

According to the doc I signed, canceling less than 30 days from PEC date means no refund . . .
Old 03-13-2020, 04:06 PM
RudyP
Rennlist Member

Received 1,543 Likes on 555 Posts

I may have to move my delivery from PECLA to a local dealer because with all the delays, my car is going to be 2 months late and I will have moved to NorCal by then so PECLA is no longer convenient. My dealer and his contact at Porsche NA seem fine with this and with refunding the PECLA charge.
Old 03-13-2020, 05:53 PM
EGOTRON
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RudyP
I may have to move my delivery from PECLA to a local dealer because with all the delays, my car is going to be 2 months late and I will have moved to NorCal by then so PECLA is no longer convenient. My dealer and his contact at Porsche NA seem fine with this and with refunding the PECLA charge.
Nice! i reached out to my SA and contact at PEC today asking for the same. My car offloads at Benicia in first week of May and PEC delivery dates for it would be early June.
Old 03-13-2020, 08:19 PM
touringGT3
Pro

Received 296 Likes on 161 Posts

I cancelled my end of March ED early last week and switched to PEC Atlanta. To cancel PEC to dealer, there is a $500 fee + cost of transport.

Quick Reply: Postponing delivery due to Coronavirus