Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fabspeed Sport Cats just installed!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2022 | 03:58 PM
ara
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dhirm5
kinda wish they did away with the farts. or offered a no-fart sports-exhaust mode. note there are no farts in sports plus. it's a silly, contrived addition.
I'm hoping when I do my full exhaust+ tune next spring that I can tune out the burbles. So unnecessary.
Old 10-24-2022 | 05:25 PM
dixonk
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RoughRider911
Agree, shouldn’t take too long. I’ve struggled to get the v-clamp off as well. I’ve used a vise grip to try and loosen the bolt from the bottom to no avail. Im going to bite the bullet and take her into the shop.
Just use two nuts threaded together and then a normal wrench will back out that upside down bolt from the v clamp.
The following users liked this post:
540gone (10-24-2022)
Old 10-24-2022 | 09:27 PM
Andy2021
Instructor

Originally Posted by MattBauer
Been doing some research on adding sport cats to 21 C2S. Guys at Fabspeed have been great and professional addressing my questions. They state they have sold 40 sport cats for C2S owners thus far. No CEL issues yet. However what qualifies as an issue is murky, and seems dependent on them accessing ECU data for this “no CEL guarantee” (cat efficiency) to be honored. Can’t seem to get a clear indication upon CEL I’ll be refunded my money on an otherwise stock 992. Soul straight up says they are still 50/50 on a CEL issues for their sport cat, appreciate their honesty. They have a good rep. Europipe is advertising a new 992 100 cell CAT with an explicit money back no CEL guarantee, 4 year warranty. It’s a smidge more $, plus duty. Few folks are installing it now. Too soon to say, but it could be a future front runner.

Any of you Fabspeed guys with no CEL issues, model years 21+? Fabspeed did not have that info. It’s seems MY20 is more friendly to this mod. I’m inclined to roll the dice with them with some knowledge their spot cat performs as advertised for MY21+.

Thanks. Matt
I run the Fabspeed Cat-back Valvetronic Maxflo Exhaust system and Sport Cats On my 2021 911 Carrera S. It’s a rear wheel drive 7-speed manual.

I’m running the BMC F1 air filters too.

I got a CEL about 1 month into the install. Took it to my Porsche dealership and they said they couldn’t find anything and suggested the Fabspeed install was the cause. They turned the CEL light off for me. I’ve since had the CEL light come on twice. It comes on for a couple days and it goes away.
Old 11-17-2022 | 04:02 PM
bcanzano
1st Gear

This is great, are there any emissions issues with these?

Quick Reply: Fabspeed Sport Cats just installed!