Sponsored by:

992 C2S Cabrio - Electrical Issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2020, 05:46 AM
tcirillo
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by vman4639
I've had this car since November and really love it. But, I am having some electrical issues - would love some thoughts on this:

1. First month, putting the top 'back up' would also put the front and rear windows up (provided you keep pressure on the button). The windows no longer do this - even with repeated attempts. I raise the front and rear windows independently. Any thoughts on this? Kinda frustrating.

2. Having the handles pop-out, unlock the doors - mostly works. I found hitting my fingers under the handle with some authority helps, but I'm not 100%

3. Waving your hand over the Porsche badge to open the frunk. Well, this sometimes works, but even when it does you need to move your hand for a while.

4. My PCM died. Black screen. Brought it in and it was replaced, but I was without a PCM for a month. No radio, nav, CarPlay, homelink, some settings hidden, etc. I was told the 2020's are having PCM issues.

Curious if others are having this pain - I may bring it back in for the convertible top issue.
just to help you in your gaining input from others: my cab has been here for 2 months and i've not had the problems you have. yes, comfort access is iffy, but that's about it, fortunately
Old 03-02-2020, 01:03 PM
JHesketh
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 108 Posts

I recognise the comfort access issues discussed here. Mine appears to have got worse in last week. Now it takes quite a concerted effort to get the handles to extend when you put your fingers underneath the handle. Frunk has never opened with touch.

this morning, I saw my PCM go cyan for a moment. It recovered within 5 seconds.

I wonder, do we know if the cars are getting over the air updates? It feels like something has changed with my car but it’s been nowhere near a dealer.
Old 03-02-2020, 01:55 PM
JRoach
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

vman,
For item #1, I thought there was procedure to reset or sync the windows. I don't have a cab anymore so I'm not certain that the process carried over but could be worth checking. Disconnect the battery or some service (random) would cause my windows/top to get out of wack.

Old 03-02-2020, 06:34 PM
Senna01
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Picked up my 992 C2S Cab on June 1st last year (one of the first to arrive in the UK after a 6 months wait from order).

The car has been absolutely flawless.
Old 03-03-2020, 12:40 AM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,503 Likes on 963 Posts

Originally Posted by Myk
I just picked up my C2S cab today, and I'm already having the window issues similar to what you're describing. When I put the top up, the drivers rear window goes up, but the passenger side window gets stuck and goes back down. The side windows sometimes go up, but not always.
Is the passenger window sensing something like a blockage and that's why it goes down? Could be the case on any of your windows. I had a 991 that randomly did that, but not a Cab.

Quick Reply: 992 C2S Cabrio - Electrical Issues