Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HomeLink Profile from small 4 tile screen!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2020 | 11:01 PM
KCviper
Racer

Default HomeLink Profile from small 4 tile screen!?

I can't seem to get this button to do anything. Can anyone explain what this does or is supposed to do please? Was hoping it would bring up HomeLink option to open/close garage (yes I do have HomeLink on one of my three hard buttons). Thanks much!
Old 02-10-2020 | 01:56 AM
G650
Racer

I have this configured on my home screen. When selected it will take you to another screen with 3 choices, the top one being “current home link profiles”, select this and all your currently programmed profiles will be listed, (I only have 1), touching the chosen profile will send the signal.
Old 02-10-2020 | 08:02 AM
mferris
Rennlist Member

I have it configured in my home screen and the pop up right menu. However sometimes it takes me to the configuration screen and other times it has the preconfigured homelink button there which allows me to skip multiple presses. Still haven’t figured out how or why it isn’t aways the preconfigured setting. Likely GPS related stuff not quite working.
Old 02-10-2020 | 09:39 AM
KCviper
Racer

Sorry, meant to include this pic. Here is what I am talking about. It currently does nothing!
Old 02-11-2020 | 11:54 PM
KCviper
Racer

Any other thoughts??
Old 02-12-2020 | 05:51 AM
JHesketh
Racer

Originally Posted by KCviper
Any other thoughts??
yes. This tile just calls up the Homelink menu. You then have multiple touches to open profiles, select your required profile, and then send the signal. Useless....

However, (must credit detannsin here) if you use a double-width tile and program it for use with HomeLink, the tile lists local profiles on it when you approach a gate/door. This works.

Still a long way from perfect but better than nothing.
The following 2 users liked this post by JHesketh:
992Sam (02-25-2020), detansinn (02-24-2020)
Old 02-12-2020 | 12:50 PM
KCviper
Racer

Originally Posted by JHesketh
yes. This tile just calls up the Homelink menu. You then have multiple touches to open profiles, select your required profile, and then send the signal. Useless....

However, (must credit detannsin here) if you use a double-width tile and program it for use with HomeLink, the tile lists local profiles on it when you approach a gate/door. This works.

Still a long way from perfect but better than nothing.
Thanks much and will check this out tonight. Unfortantly, when i press the HomeLink button in the picture, it does absolutely nothing!!.....does not bring up Homelink menu as expected. I do have a hard button programmed but looking for other options as well. Thanks much!!
The following users liked this post:
NigelPlays (02-14-2020)
Old 02-24-2020 | 04:51 PM
WCE
User

I'll continue the homelink saga...
So my gps triggered homelink button is unreliable also, and I configured the double width widget on the home screen.
Sometime it shows my "homelink 1" trigger button, most times it still only wants to take me to the config menu.
Deleted the gps feature, no change.
Amazingly when I'm forced to the config screen it takes up to six (6) button presses (if I also have to exit the camera screen) to get to my "homelink 1" trigger button (yes I counted them)!
I know there are simpler ways to get there but why doesn't my trigger button stay available on the damn widget? Anyone have a clue?
The following 2 users liked this post by WCE:
992Sam (02-25-2020), deetz307 (04-26-2020)
Old 02-25-2020 | 09:38 AM
Sebvelez
Instructor

Originally Posted by WCE
I'll continue the homelink saga...
So my gps triggered homelink button is unreliable also, and I configured the double width widget on the home screen.
Sometime it shows my "homelink 1" trigger button, most times it still only wants to take me to the config menu.
Deleted the gps feature, no change.
Amazingly when I'm forced to the config screen it takes up to six (6) button presses (if I also have to exit the camera screen) to get to my "homelink 1" trigger button (yes I counted them)!
I know there are simpler ways to get there but why doesn't my trigger button stay available on the damn widget? Anyone have a clue?
same exact situation here. Was hoping removing gps function would work. I configured homelink on steering wheel shortcut button but I still have to close out manually from camera screen, press steering wheel button, press desired homelink, then reactivate camera. My wife drives Tesla’s for years and there’s no issue with gps homelink. It’ll pop up with camera screen. I guess that’s the difference between a software company making a car and a car company incorporating software into a car... hopefully this gets fixed. It’s quite annoying!
The following users liked this post:
deetz307 (04-26-2020)
Old 02-25-2020 | 10:56 AM
KCviper
Racer

It is certainly less than I expected on this caliber of car. How this made it through testing/QC is hard to understand. Still, just a minor annoyance for an otherwise wonderful car!!
Old 02-25-2020 | 02:31 PM
TimD
Instructor

As my service advisor described it “ a total disaster “.
Old 02-25-2020 | 03:20 PM
mferris
Rennlist Member

I have a large tile configured on my home screen as well; however, if GPS location does not automatically display my configured Homelink profiles (usually 50% of the time) - then I press the tile and takes me into the "configure" process for a new Homelink profile (which I don't want) and I have to cancel out of a configuration process (2 addt'l clicks) to get to the HomeLink screen and then select the profile I want and press "send signal".

Is this how it works for everyone when the GPS identification fails or do I have the wrong home screen tile?

I only have one joker button and was using that to display cameras - but may have to switch to HomeLink if that works better than the tile.

Maybe this is a security feature - anyone who steals my car will have a hard time getting into my garage.

(on the point of a software company making a car - 5 years of driving a Tesla and I have yet to press the homelink button on the screen - GPS automatically opens the door every single time I approach my garage).
Old 02-25-2020 | 05:25 PM
HouTexCarreraS
Pro

Originally Posted by mferris
I have a large tile configured on my home screen as well; however, if GPS location does not automatically display my configured Homelink profiles (usually 50% of the time) - then I press the tile and takes me into the "configure" process for a new Homelink profile (which I don't want) and I have to cancel out of a configuration process (2 addt'l clicks) to get to the HomeLink screen and then select the profile I want and press "send signal".

Is this how it works for everyone when the GPS identification fails or do I have the wrong home screen tile?

I only have one joker button and was using that to display cameras - but may have to switch to HomeLink if that works better than the tile.

Maybe this is a security feature - anyone who steals my car will have a hard time getting into my garage.

(on the point of a software company making a car - 5 years of driving a Tesla and I have yet to press the homelink button on the screen - GPS automatically opens the door every single time I approach my garage).
You have an additional diamond button on the steering wheel.
Old 02-26-2020 | 04:07 AM
mferris
Rennlist Member

Given the options I chose, I only have a single diamond/joker button and you are correct it’s on the steering wheel. Wish I had another.
Old 02-26-2020 | 08:51 AM
WCE
User

And the steering wheel button can't be configured for homelink!

Quick Reply: HomeLink Profile from small 4 tile screen!?