Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HomeLink Profile from small 4 tile screen!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2020, 03:35 PM
KCviper
Racer

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Guess I'm lucky as I have one diamond on the steering wheel and two other diamond buttons on the dash! I use all of them! Would be great if the soft buttons would work as intended 100% of the time!
Old 02-28-2020, 12:22 AM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 764 Likes on 389 Posts

Originally Posted by WCE
And the steering wheel button can't be configured for homelink!
The diamond button on the left side of the wheel can be programmed for homelink. That's what I did and it makes a horrible interface a little better. I hope they are working on this software. Classic horrible Porsche technology. Great driving cars and the technology is always 3 years behind and/or an afterthought.
Old 02-28-2020, 05:04 AM
mferris
Rennlist Member

Received 233 Likes on 138 Posts

Interesting. I tried to program my one diamond button (the steering wheel one) and of the options presented in the interface there was none for HomeLink. Confused.
Old 02-29-2020, 08:57 PM
HouTexCarreraS
Pro

Received 406 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by joejenie
The diamond button on the left side of the wheel can be programmed for homelink. That's what I did and it makes a horrible interface a little better. I hope they are working on this software. Classic horrible Porsche technology. Great driving cars and the technology is always 3 years behind and/or an afterthought.
I just got my C2S yesterday and programmed the diamond 2 button on the dash for Homelink. One press of the button brings up the screen to send the signal and one press on that opens the garage door--works great. I do only have one Homelink profile loaded so that might make a difference, but after the horror stories I've read about this on the forum I was pleasantly surprised. I have the diamond button on the steering wheel programmed for the park assist and it works great as well and I find the surround view camera to be just as good as the ones I've had on Mercedes and BMW.
Old 02-29-2020, 09:43 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 764 Likes on 389 Posts

Originally Posted by HouTexCarreraS
I just got my C2S yesterday and programmed the diamond 2 button on the dash for Homelink. One press of the button brings up the screen to send the signal and one press on that opens the garage door--works great. I do only have one Homelink profile loaded so that might make a difference, but after the horror stories I've read about this on the forum I was pleasantly surprised. I have the diamond button on the steering wheel programmed for the park assist and it works great as well and I find the surround view camera to be just as good as the ones I've had on Mercedes and BMW.
I have two Homelink buttons (garage door and neighborhood gate. When I push the diamond button, it pulls up the one I'm closest to (assuming the right one didn't come up already on the screen (which happens 50% of the time). Still a terrible interface that needs to be re-written.
Old 03-01-2020, 12:52 AM
HouTexCarreraS
Pro

Received 406 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by joejenie
I have two Homelink buttons (garage door and neighborhood gate. When I push the diamond button, it pulls up the one I'm closest to (assuming the right one didn't come up already on the screen (which happens 50% of the time). Still a terrible interface that needs to be re-written.
I also did not enable the GPS function since that seems to be unreliable as well.
Old 03-01-2020, 03:19 PM
WCE
User

Received 188 Likes on 91 Posts

So our "joker" button(s) seem to offer different shortcuts, probably depending on options selected, just like the toggle switch layout (sometimes I think Porsche has overthought things out).
Likely they are also able to do over the air updates because my homelink function just improved. I also reactivated the gps feature which seems to work every time now and my double width widget which used to usually want to take me to the config menu now either shows my "homelink 1" trigger button, or offers to take me there in one button press. I even turned on the ignition in the garage this morning and was immediately offered up my homelink button while everything else booted in the background - this is almost as good as having a damn button on the mirror!

Edited to say it stopped cooperating so I'm back to staring at the Config option button only - seems to be completely random how it will function!

Last edited by WCE; 03-03-2020 at 03:48 PM.
Old 05-09-2020, 10:05 AM
doug992
Racer

Received 209 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by HouTexCarreraS
I also did not enable the GPS function since that seems to be unreliable as well.
my GPS is dead accurate with homelink but as Richard said in another thread you have to wait till the car gets a signal before programming it.. its actually better to go back and program it after because when you edit you will see the map and can choose this location

Quick Reply: HomeLink Profile from small 4 tile screen!?