Sponsored by:

Changes past lock date

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2020, 12:57 AM
andrewjn
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Changes past lock date

Title says it all. Anyone had success with this. Thought I had another 2 days and locked early. Not a big deal but regretting not adding 2 options....

my SA said it’s a done deal. Called Atlanta today and said it can’t change.
Old 02-08-2020, 01:12 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,504 Likes on 2,826 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewjn
Title says it all. Anyone had success with this. Thought I had another 2 days and locked early. Not a big deal but regretting not adding 2 options....

my SA said it’s a done deal. Called Atlanta today and said it can’t change.
There are always stories of people changing their configuration after the lock but it's not the norm. I'd consider it done, especially if the sales manager says it's done.

The following users liked this post:
1RedHead (02-09-2020)
Old 02-08-2020, 09:05 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,125 Likes on 678 Posts

Is your name Seinfeld by any chance?
I've tried more than once. And failed. I was wavering on PTS Viper Green for my '17 Targa 4S and contacted Porsche Exclusive about a change in November (after the lock). I was told "No; we've already ordered the paint." The car was delivered the following July...
Old 02-08-2020, 09:19 AM
Hp12c
Racer

Received 227 Likes on 127 Posts

Ask your SA, or the sales manager, my lock date moves up a week and I found out it locked immediately and I was told it could possibly be changed. It’s crazy that they tell you you have a week or two and then you get an email the next day that says it locked.
Old 02-09-2020, 12:07 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,458 Likes on 2,361 Posts

If the status code shows it has locked it is, that is why they call it that. Only option is another allocation if the dealer is willing to do that for you. There is plenty of time for one to make changes and they cannot allow people to make them for as long as they want since the logistics required to make so many cars in some many configurations has to be adhered to.
Old 02-09-2020, 12:58 AM
Hp12c
Racer

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
If the status code shows it has locked it is, that is why they call it that. Only option is another allocation if the dealer is willing to do that for you. There is plenty of time for one to make changes and they cannot allow people to make them for as long as they want since the logistics required to make so many cars in some many configurations has to be adhered to.
bob, my recent experience was ordering a car, being told there was a lock date of x, then a week before that date, getting an email from Porsche saying the order had locked, which obviously isn’t what they said... when that happened, my SA said it could be addressed within a very short window (which I did).
Old 02-09-2020, 01:12 AM
rhr992c4s
Rennlist Member

Received 484 Likes on 245 Posts

When my SA gave me my lock date, he was up front that it is a floating date and subject to change. He advised to try and make decisions as quickly as possible and minimize changes.
Old 02-09-2020, 08:05 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,504 Likes on 2,826 Posts

There is actually a preliminary v210 status - the "freeze point" before the full lock v250 status.

You should have been advised that your car hit freeze point - at that juncture, the car is subject to lock at any moment within a week and all changes to be made, should be made. My car locked one week after the freeze point.
Old 02-09-2020, 09:13 AM
Hp12c
Racer

Originally Posted by rk-d
There is actually a preliminary v210 status - the "freeze point" before the full lock v250 status.

You should have been advised that your car hit freeze point - at that juncture, the car is subject to lock at any moment within a week and all changes to be made, should be made. My car locked one week after the freeze point.
Perhaps things could be more clear w the online user experience... in any case, I am happy things are going more quickly than I thought... I originally was expecting April delivery but my SA seemed ultra confident it was going to be March after a status review.
Old 02-09-2020, 09:50 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,458 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Originally Posted by Hp12c
bob, my recent experience was ordering a car, being told there was a lock date of x, then a week before that date, getting an email from Porsche saying the order had locked, which obviously isn’t what they said... when that happened, my SA said it could be addressed within a very short window (which I did).
The SA did not provide you the real lock date, just as rk-d said, so what I said was correct.
Old 02-09-2020, 10:48 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,264 Likes on 1,040 Posts

I've done it. But it was a European Delivery car. I needed to add sport chrono after the lock date. Dealer couldn't make any changes since it was locked already. I called my PCNA ED coordinator and they intervened (they are VERY customer focused). They had to go directly to the factory though and pull some strings or something. It worked. Now, if I wanted to delete a 5k option, I may have gotten a different response. LOL.

Not the norm. Call PCNA if you are really set on a change. It can't hurt.

Also, lock dates change (just as delivery dates, shipping dates and production dates change). The dealer gets a warning on their Porsche Vehicle Sales and Management System and they should convey that info to you. Sounds like this is what happened to you.

Quick Reply: Changes past lock date