Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Purchasing 2020 911S This Week; Any advice?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2019, 02:37 PM
Caliporsche
Instructor

Received 93 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by uniqueMR
Lease: if you own business. Write it off. Otherwise purchase the 911.
Do not over think.
If you want a car go get it. Simple. We all live once so live it well.
Experience over regret my friend
Thanks so much. I unfortunately don't own a large enough business to be able to write it off. We all definitely live once. "Experience over regret"- This is exactly what I needed to hear right now. Thanks man. Also, I see that you have a honda too! lol- good to see others in my position as well! Thanks again, sir.
Old 12-11-2019, 02:51 PM
Caliporsche
Instructor

Received 93 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by moomin
Agreed with 95% of the posters about leasing. BMW et al are rental car companies. Once you factor at least 4-5% APR on the lease, plus the crap residual, a 992 is not a good lease. I wonder how many businesses can justify writing off a 911 for tax purposes, can't see it being many.

I researched; cash vs lease vs finance. I'm going to pay cash for most of the car and finance the rest. If you can get 3% on a loan, you can put the money you were going to put on the car in an index fund. You just have to balance risk at that point.
Thanks man. I'm now starting to realize the difference between BMW and the others. If i could afford to pay for most of it in cash, I truly would love to. At least the payment would be less. In terms of the lease, I went to a dealership yesterday and just like most people are saying, it;s just not financially worth it.. at least for me.. they didnt even want to touch the sale price.. so the cost of the lease was just a few hundred dollars less than financing. Let's see what happens.. maybe im getting hit with a reality check here haha. Thanks again for your advice. Means a lot.
Old 12-11-2019, 10:28 PM
kage65
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Caliporsche
Absolutely. I'm just trying to get everyones opinions and advice. I appreciate everyones responses, including yours. I definitely will be speaking to my accountant and will continue educating myself. As i mentioned in the previous post; i dont want to make a poor financial decision and would like to continue to be able to get a porsche again in the future. Really appreciate your info. Thanks again!
If money is a concern then get a used 991.2 , or a 991.1 C2S and put an exhaust on it. You’ll have a blast in either one of these cars.
The following users liked this post:
Caliporsche (12-12-2019)

Quick Reply: Purchasing 2020 911S This Week; Any advice?