Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Purchasing 2020 911S This Week; Any advice?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2019, 02:00 PM
Caliporsche
Instructor

Received 93 Likes on 39 Posts
Exclamation Purchasing 2020 911S This Week; Any advice?

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post here. With that being said, if this is in the incorrect area, please advise. I am looking to get into a 2020 Carrera this month but wanted to see if you folks had any advice for a (hopeful) first time Porsche owner. Any advice on how to negotiate a good price? Looking to lease, but would consider purchasing if it makes more sense. I guess i'm just trying to get any advice you folks may have. I've never tried buying a car at this price. My credit is excellent, just dont know what else to try to look into. I was told to focus on MONEY FACTOR? Watched some youtube videos on this but still not too confident. Obviously looking for a good deal but just dont know how to get one lol. Any advice would be MUCH appreciated. Thank you so much in advance!
Old 12-10-2019, 02:34 PM
Honkity Hank
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

Probably get more responses in the Water Cooled 992 forum. This forum is for air cooled dinosaurs.

Money factor equates to interest rate. Leases can't quote the interest rate, so they use the money factor as the euphemism. Leases are bit more involved, you need to negotiate the selling price, the residual value, money factor, and miles. All effect the lease rate. More miles, less residual, higher lease, and so forth,

Leasing is probably the most expensive way to drive any automobile, but it can certainly make sense for some scenarios.
The following users liked this post:
GoTime (12-10-2019)
Old 12-10-2019, 03:38 PM
Caliporsche
Instructor

Doh! Didn't even realize this was the wrong forum.. Apologies! Appreciate your information. I'm definitely going to do some homework on your advice. Thanks so much. Really means a lot!
Old 12-12-2019, 02:13 PM
Kenal0
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

See you when you get the bug!
As far as negotiating, sometime the sales person loses site of just who the heck worked for $100,000 +. Start at 15% off sticker and if you don't get a reaction like you are crazy and they can sell this car in a minute at that price, you probably came in too high!
Old 12-12-2019, 02:56 PM
raspritz
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 165 Posts

On a brand-new model that is in high demand and has just gotten great ratings they won't do much negotiation off of sticker price. Realistically, about the most you can expect is for them to throw in clearmask, which is worth about $750.
Old 12-12-2019, 04:05 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,135 Likes on 3,006 Posts

Originally Posted by raspritz
On a brand-new model that is in high demand and has just gotten great ratings they won't do much negotiation off of sticker price. Realistically, about the most you can expect is for them to throw in clearmask, which is worth about $750.
Depending upon where you live, you can negotiate a much more substantial discount than that. In some areas, 3-5% isn't uncommon -- mine fell into that range. In another thread, someone claimed to get 8% off of MSRP.

Yes, it's a brand new model with great reviews, but the vast majority of the people walking into a Porsche dealership are there for a Macan.
Old 12-12-2019, 04:09 PM
Caliporsche
Instructor

I NEED TO DELETE THIS THREAD.. SORRY.. UNSURE HOW LOL. PLEASE IGNORE. I HAVE ANOTHER THREAD FOR THIS TOPIC ALREADY- APOLOGIES!!

Quick Reply: Purchasing 2020 911S This Week; Any advice?