Sponsored by:

992 Manual Build - Feedack Welcomed!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2019, 05:01 PM
rangerfan94
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by hinckley
GT Silver with Black/Bordeaux is perfect, but Gentian with Black/Bordeaux, not so much imo. GT Silver with Black/Bordeaux is my second choice, but I too am having a problem trying to come up with the right interior combo for my first choice, Gentian. I you're interested, load code PL124I62. I don't think it renders properly for everyone, but look at it in 360 mode to see whether the seat centers and seat backs render. It may be an interesting way to make an interior with Gentian more interesting.
Got your build to load in 360 mode and can say it is bold, too bold, in fact, for me. I then tried it with the slate grey seat inserts just to limit the interior colors, and while improved, it still wasn't for me. As much as I want the car customized for myself, I also want to consider resale in the design, so I'm going to keep it simple. I think
Old 12-16-2019, 09:21 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by rangerfan94
Got your build to load in 360 mode and can say it is bold, too bold, in fact, for me. I then tried it with the slate grey seat inserts just to limit the interior colors, and while improved, it still wasn't for me. As much as I want the car customized for myself, I also want to consider resale in the design, so I'm going to keep it simple. I think
I totally get all that. I do think that the grey inserts are less bold though. I really wish that, rather than grey, the chalk interior was matched with black like on the Panny. Then black seat inserts would make it perfect with Gentian imo.
Old 12-17-2019, 09:47 AM
Ceepe
Rennlist Member

Received 537 Likes on 285 Posts

I'm in CT and daily a rear drive 911. One needs all wheel drive about 3 days per year now, fewer each winter it seems. On those days it's likely best to be in a vehicle that is not a 911. That said, the 992 is kind of like an SUV coupe in size, so maybe a 4 is wise, in the war wagon sense. Proceed. In terms of the builds, that blue car looks better to me. The red interior on the silver car is pretty intense.

Last edited by Ceepe; 12-17-2019 at 10:34 AM.

Quick Reply: 992 Manual Build - Feedack Welcomed!