Sponsored by:

PSE in the U.S & 18-Ways

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2019, 12:39 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by RudyP
You're not alone. I don’t enjoy loud exhausts much and especially not turbo motors that crackle, pop and fart.
Just my 2 cents but PSE on 991.2 would only fart in sport mode, not sport plus or normal (didn't like it either). I didn't find it to be overly loud or obnoxious, but just slightly deeper and more aggressive sounding. Don't like over the top loud exhausts either

FWIW, on resale (if it matters at all to you) most buyers seem to want it. Subjectively I love the look, on 991.2 but even more so on 992 with the GT2RS style tips

YMMV
Old 11-29-2019, 01:37 PM
RudyP
Rennlist Member

Received 1,474 Likes on 542 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Just my 2 cents but PSE on 991.2 would only fart in sport mode, not sport plus or normal (didn't like it either). I didn't find it to be overly loud or obnoxious, but just slightly deeper and more aggressive sounding. Don't like over the top loud exhausts either

FWIW, on resale (if it matters at all to you) most buyers seem to want it. Subjectively I love the look, on 991.2 but even more so on 992 with the GT2RS style tips

YMMV
All fair points - we all have to draw the line somewhere on options and in my case I will pass on PSE.

Right now I’m struggling on whether I should add front axle lift on my order. I don’t think I really need it since I am used to low cars without FAL but the warning on sport design package that it affects approach angle is giving me pause. And it is another of those options that has significant resale impact.
Old 11-29-2019, 03:48 PM
cr-997
Instructor

Received 69 Likes on 44 Posts

I have PSE on my 992. I haven't heard one without it for comparison. In my honest opinion PSE isn't obnoxious in the least. In fact, it's 'note' is far too reserved for the cost. You only get the least amount of actual sound from it in Sport mode and even then it's somewhat minimal. My only real complaint with my 992.
Old 11-29-2019, 04:03 PM
gcurnew
Rennlist Member

Received 1,627 Likes on 782 Posts

Originally Posted by RudyP
All fair points - we all have to draw the line somewhere on options and in my case I will pass on PSE.

Right now I’m struggling on whether I should add front axle lift on my order. I don’t think I really need it since I am used to low cars without FAL but the warning on sport design package that it affects approach angle is giving me pause. And it is another of those options that has significant resale impact.
We were undecided on Sport Design with our C4 build. We have had a 911 GTS with low front lip (Aerokit Cup), as well as an AMG with a very low lip, so we know how to do the sideways approach to ramps, etc. We went into the dealer with measuring tape, knowing how close the AMG lip comes to hitting where we park (can't use an entrance to our building at all because it's too steep) and determined that because the SD lip has only a small flexible dam at the very bottom and the lip itself is semi-rigid and painted, it will definitely scrape where we park without FAL. Ultimately, my wife and I were split on the SD rear (she prefers the licence plate higher up in the bumper while I like it lower) but in agreement that we didn't want a car with FAL. A day before lock, we deleted SD. If this C4 was a weekend car we might well have gone with SD, but it'll be a 365-day-a-year driver, including through whatever snow we see in Western Canadian winters and we don't need the hassle and cost of replacing a painted lower lip every spring as was the case with our GTS.

FWIW we went with the 18-ways (4-ways are great but with 2 drivers, pushing a button for a personal setting beats two minutes every drive resetting seat, steering wheel and mirrors) and the Sport Package which includes PSE. Really like the look of 4 pipes rather than 2, so may switch out the tips after delivery.
The following users liked this post:
G650 (11-30-2019)
Old 11-29-2019, 04:21 PM
cr-997
Instructor

Received 69 Likes on 44 Posts

I went with FAL as well. Admittedly don't need it often, but when I do, I'm very thankful it's there.

Quick Reply: PSE in the U.S & 18-Ways