Sponsored by:

Rim Swap question

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2019, 10:22 PM
Michael Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Rim Swap question

My car is built and waiting at port, but I may actually like the RS Spyder wheels better with Chalk than the Carrera Exclusive rims painted with Black Gloss.

I see that I can buy them from suncoast ($7,500) but was wondering if anyone may have any ideas or sucess for swapping or trading them?

Old 11-26-2019, 10:50 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,053 Likes on 2,976 Posts

The Spyder Wheels are terrific. If you live in a place that gets cold, you can put winter tires on your current rims. If you don't need winter tires, you can sell them to someone who wants a set.
You're going to be hard-pressed to find someone that will swap/trade their Spyder wheels for the Carrera Exclusive wheels. The 992 Spyder wheels are one of the best looking OEM options out there.
Old 11-26-2019, 11:31 PM
Michael Smith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by detansinn
The Spyder Wheels are terrific. If you live in a place that gets cold, you can put winter tires on your current rims. If you don't need winter tires, you can sell them to someone who wants a set.
You're going to be hard-pressed to find someone that will swap/trade their Spyder wheels for the Carrera Exclusive wheels. The 992 Spyder wheels are one of the best looking OEM options out there.
Thanks, I am in Texas so I may just sell them as winter wheels to someone else. Didnt consider how many people actually need winter wheels and tires.
The following users liked this post:
detansinn (11-26-2019)
Old 11-27-2019, 12:55 AM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Received 640 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by detansinn
The RS Spyder Design wheels are awesome. I just wish you could get them painted satin black as a factory option.
Old 11-27-2019, 04:06 AM
ant922599
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by markchristenson
The RS Spyder Design wheels are awesome. I just wish you could get them painted satin black as a factory option.
Not a factory option as such, but a dealer option - some have got their OPC to paint them black on delivery.

My friend was quoted £800 for all 4, with an undertaking that the warranty would be upheld (UK)
Old 11-27-2019, 11:13 AM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Received 640 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by ant922599
Not a factory option as such, but a dealer option - some have got their OPC to paint them black on delivery.

My friend was quoted £800 for all 4, with an undertaking that the warranty would be upheld (UK)
Excellent to know—I will need to ask at some point. Thanks much!
Old 11-27-2019, 11:46 AM
Blue911Heaven
Instructor

Received 72 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Smith
My car is built and waiting at port, but I may actually like the RS Spyder wheels better with Chalk than the Carrera Exclusive rims painted with Black Gloss.

I see that I can buy them from suncoast ($7,500) but was wondering if anyone may have any ideas or sucess for swapping or trading them?
Hi Michael, I had the dealership order me a set of Carrera Classic Wheels 6 weeks before my car was delivered. When my car arrived they took off the RS Spider Wheels and put the Carrera Classics on.
So I have a brand new full set of Spiders and tires that have never been used. As a matter of fact, they are still in the packing that the service department put them in when they swapped them. I'm an hour west of Phila. Let me know if you're interested

Last edited by Blue911Heaven; 11-27-2019 at 12:02 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Michael Smith (11-27-2019)
Old 11-27-2019, 01:42 PM
Michael Smith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Blue911Heaven
Hi Michael, I had the dealership order me a set of Carrera Classic Wheels 6 weeks before my car was delivered. When my car arrived they took off the RS Spider Wheels and put the Carrera Classics on.
So I have a brand new full set of Spiders and tires that have never been used. As a matter of fact, they are still in the packing that the service department put them in when they swapped them. I'm an hour west of Phila. Let me know if you're interested
PM sent

Quick Reply: Rim Swap question