Sponsored by:

The 992 looks more like a Ferrari than a Ferrari

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2019, 10:48 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,166 Likes on 1,225 Posts

Ferrari? SillyGoose..... the family resemblance is rather obvious.

The following users liked this post:
markchristenson (11-25-2019)
Old 11-26-2019, 12:06 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,424 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Originally Posted by SillyGoose
I have been in situations where ive overheard people mistaking a ferrari for a corvette, but never a 911 or cayman for a corvette. I have however had people think the cayman was a ferrari
Would you still post these questions if you were a paying member? Be honest. And in case you did not know paying members get "Rennlist Member" in Red in their User ID area.
TurboS_GG (11-27-2019)
Old 11-26-2019, 07:28 AM
SDK Autos
Instructor

Received 78 Likes on 34 Posts

Thoughts, opinions?
The width of the front end now gives it a much wider, lower appearance more akin to that of a super car and the staggered wheel stance only adds to that aesthetic.

But aside from looking more Supercar in design language, stance and width, no, it doesn't look like a Ferrari.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:17 AM
GTorTT
Burning Brakes

Received 131 Likes on 84 Posts

This is the third bizarre post from SillyGoose I’ve read recently, given his screen name I’m sure he’s baiting people for sport. Last post was about what pretty girls would think if you drove a Porsche or something like that.
The following 2 users liked this post by GTorTT:
carson2 (11-27-2019), TurboS_GG (11-27-2019)
Old 11-26-2019, 12:15 PM
SillyGoose
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Would you still post these questions if you were a paying member? Be honest. And in case you did not know paying members get "Rennlist Member" in Red in their User ID area.
I would be just as likely if n not more
Old 11-26-2019, 12:27 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 977 Likes on 637 Posts

dude, get a life. what are you, 12?
Unframed (11-27-2019)
Old 11-26-2019, 12:43 PM
HenryPcar
Three Wheelin'

Received 233 Likes on 168 Posts

The original OP must be cross-eyed.
Old 11-26-2019, 11:05 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,075 Likes on 2,985 Posts

I have however had people think the cayman was a ferrari
Can you post a current picture of your Cayman? It would be helpful for people to see the car that people confuse with a Ferrari. The TWO pictures that you posted four years ago were of a white one at a gas station and what appears to be a different white car in a driveway. Bianco is a rare spec on a Ferrari.

For example, here is a picture of me in my Alfa Romeo that was taken a few weeks ago. It's Bianco (rare for the car). Unlike my Porsche, it has been confused with a Ferrari, which is understandable, because it's clearly Italian. SillyGoose, please post a picture of YOUR car that is mistaken for a Ferrari.

Old 11-26-2019, 11:12 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,424 Likes on 2,341 Posts

I do not know how could think the C looks like a F-car, or for that matter any other non F-car.
Old 11-27-2019, 12:06 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,325 Likes on 748 Posts

Continuing this thread just makes him think he should keep posting this drivel.
The following 3 users liked this post by Penn4S:
detansinn (11-27-2019), Ondines911 (11-27-2019), TurboS_GG (11-27-2019)
Old 11-27-2019, 12:43 AM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Received 640 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by detansinn
Can you post a current picture of your Cayman? It would be helpful for people to see the car that people confuse with a Ferrari. The TWO pictures that you posted four years ago were of a white one at a gas station and what appears to be a different white car in a driveway. Bianco is a rare spec on a Ferrari.

For example, here is a picture of me in my Alfa Romeo that was taken a few weeks ago. It's Bianco (rare for the car). Unlike my Porsche, it has been confused with a Ferrari, which is understandable, because it's clearly Italian. SillyGoose, please post a picture of YOUR car that is mistaken for a Ferrari.
I think you're having two different conversations.

Goose seems to run around with people in geographical areas where there is not a lot of distinction made between marques and models. His point seems to be more about people (who would never frequent this board) and react "I've never seen that before--it must be a Ferrari". And I don't think that's an unreasonable statement of what happens for people who don't give a rip about cars.

I think you're saying that nobody with even a passing knowledge of cars would mistake a Cayman for a Ferrari. And I agree.

Both of those are actually accurate positions. To try to use them to combat the other, however, leads to a thread longer than it needs to be. Although I'm still chomping why popcorn and enjoying this. If every thread was like this then I'd go elsewhere, but a couple threads out of hundreds is still a good signal-to-noise ratio for me :-)
Old 11-27-2019, 01:04 AM
SillyGoose
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by markchristenson
I think you're having two different conversations.

Goose seems to run around with people in geographical areas where there is not a lot of distinction made between marques and models. His point seems to be more about people (who would never frequent this board) and react "I've never seen that before--it must be a Ferrari". And I don't think that's an unreasonable statement of what happens for people who don't give a rip about cars.

I think you're saying that nobody with even a passing knowledge of cars would mistake a Cayman for a Ferrari. And I agree.

Both of those are actually accurate positions. To try to use them to combat the other, however, leads to a thread longer than it needs to be. Although I'm still chomping why popcorn and enjoying this. If every thread was like this then I'd go elsewhere, but a couple threads out of hundreds is still a good signal-to-noise ratio for me :-)
This is what im trying to say all along. People who live in small towns and cities do not see these cars on a regular or even yearly basis like people living in places like California. A 718 cayman with the sportdesign package might be mistaken for a ferrari easily, and i would argue that the appeal for owning and driving a car like that in one of these cities is far more interesting than owning one in a city where aventadors and other super expensive exotics are seen on a daily basis
Old 11-27-2019, 01:57 PM
Senna01
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexCeres
Is that one of the new corvettes ?
lol
Old 11-27-2019, 03:08 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,650 Likes on 1,012 Posts

This is what im trying to say all along. People who live in small towns and cities do not see these cars on a regular or even yearly basis like people living in places like California. A 718 cayman with the sportdesign package might be mistaken for a ferrari easily, and i would argue that the appeal for owning and driving a car like that in one of these cities is far more interesting than owning one in a city where aventadors and other super expensive exotics are seen on a daily basis
the 911 is instantly recognizable across 50 years. Even people in the most remote areas have seen 911s in magazines and tv shows and movies. the hewing so tightly to such a classic look is a frequent criticism of the 911, and exposes your premise as truly absurd
carson2 (11-28-2019)
Old 11-28-2019, 07:23 PM
NCheok
Rennlist Member

Received 772 Likes on 453 Posts

Damn, you guys keep feeding the Goose.

This thread and all his threads should be locked.

Quick Reply: The 992 looks more like a Ferrari than a Ferrari