Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question on comfort access

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2020, 09:53 AM
Racer

Received 207 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
Lol! Yes, of course. I am sorry this is a problem on the earlier cars but wonder why they can’t fix it. It seems to work well on the later cars, so Porsche must have identified the issue. Right?
That's great if they have found a fix. However I'm totally dissatisfied with Porsche for not contacting me if this is true. I am saying this as I witness my wife's Tesla constantly getting OTA software updates to fix any issues and adding new features.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:01 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by 2020
That's great if they have found a fix. However I'm totally dissatisfied with Porsche for not contacting me if this is true. I am saying this as I witness my wife's Tesla constantly getting OTA software updates to fix any issues and adding new features.
Yes, communication doesn’t seem to be their thing. For example, I have recently written three emails to customer service, all with no replies. There are other instances.

I think Tesla is in a league of their own.
Old 05-22-2020, 04:57 PM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Received 640 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by French Blue
Comfort Access on my 992 is a joke.

The vast majority of the time, locking my car with a touch does not happen unless I stand there continuously touching the handle like I'm Detective Monk having an OCD moment. And I have never (not even once) successfully opened the trunk by waving. Yes, I've tried different ways of touching the handles. Yes, I've tried all sorts of different trunk waves. Nothing works.

And I'm unsure why this is an issue, honestly. I mean, we're talking about late 90's/early 00's tech, here. Nobody is "working out the bugs" on these systems anymore. Similar packages work perfectly on the average Civic, for instance.

I have no doubt that Comfort Access performs admirably on some vehicles... But definitely not mine. I'll either have my system fixed by the dealership, or barring that, have the cost of package refunded.
Love the "Monk" reference :-)

Ours is the exception that proves your point about Honda, but our Odyssey van is supposed to open the rear tailgate with an easy swipe of your foot below the rear bumper. It works maybe 1-of-20 times, so we just don't even try anymore. We had one of the first ones delivered, and hopefully they got it sorted, which is my hope for the CA issues on the 992.
Old 07-31-2020, 08:26 AM
tvatn
4th Gear

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe this thread as gone cold, but here is my experience with comfort access on my 992 (build Nov 2019) and a technique which works on my car.

So, on the passenger side, no problem at all regardless of how I touch the handle for locking. On the driver side however its a different story. My experience was that it only worked sometimes, maybe 20% of the time for locking, but works 100
% for opening by placing the fingertips under the handle. I even had the car in at Porsche who changed the handle on the driver side with no positive effect (no mobile or other digital equipment close to key or the sensor in the mid console area).

My natural way of locking is by placing the thumb on the groove like the picture and which only worked 20% of the time (tried most other ways of touching it with no success). Now, the strange thing is when it didn't work, if i then sat down low (like a golfer reading the putting line and try again with the thumb it worked fine (key in pant side pocket).

So I basically settled with the idea that this will never be 100% (unlike my other BMW cars where it always works regardless of how you do it) I thought I had tried all the possible different ways of touching the groove on the handle to lock it, but a while back I tried with my index finger vertical like the pictures show with a gentle touch. Works all the time now for locking and i don't have to sit down low which I mentioned above.

Disappointing that its so sensitive to how you touch it, but now with this technique at least it works all the time.

Using the thumb only work sometimes (20% of the time)

This approach with a gentle touch always works
The following 3 users liked this post by tvatn:
aggie57 (07-31-2020), mikey94025 (07-31-2020), russbert (07-31-2020)
Old 07-31-2020, 11:40 AM
russbert
Burning Brakes

Received 733 Likes on 346 Posts

Well, I wasn't having very good luck either (20% lock rate sounds about right) so I tried turning my left leg (where the key is located) toward the handle and brought up my percentage to about 50%

But I just tried your approach and it worked 100% (3 out of 3) so I guess I will keep trying this one for a bit. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Question on comfort access