Sponsored by:

NEW ORDERS Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2019, 12:33 AM
touringGT3
Pro

Received 296 Likes on 161 Posts
Default NEW ORDERS Thread

Doesn't look like there is one so why not have one for members who just made the big commitment to get their first (or next) 911. Hopefully this can also help new owners finalize their ever changing build as well as help me (or confuse me further) to make the right decisions on my own build.

So I'll start. Just placed my custom order for European Delivery and requested to do the ED pickupin late March or later. My current build includes the following options and although I may still change it I think my build is pretty much set. I know having the Porsche Code is nice, but I'll itemize my options here instead (listed per the Configurator overview) and provide my reasoning for selecting each option.

Packages
  • GT Silver / Truffle Brown - I think this will be a future classic combo
  • Sport Package, tailpipes in silver - I'm going for a classic silver exterior theme
Exterior
  • Glass sunroof - I think glass is more functional than non-glass as the interior can get additional lighting without having to open the sunroof
  • PPF - I checked with my dealer and this covers the entire hood + other delicate parts
  • Power folding mirrors
Performance
  • PDK - I must admit, I'm not a manual guy
  • RAS - Going for a modern 911 setup
Wheels
  • Carrera S Wheels - Again trying to be consistent with the classic exterior silver theme
Lights/Vision
  • PDLS+ - High beam assistant should be very helpful when driving at night
Comfort/Assistance Systems
  • LCA - One feature I didn't have in my Macan S that I regretted not getting
Interior
  • Sport Seats Plus 4-way - Love the way it looks and I don't feel the 18-ways is worth it, at least for me, as I don't find myself tweaking my seat settings enough. I'm also a golfer so getting the golf bags in and out should be easier.
  • Multifunction GT Sport Steering wheels
  • Storage Package
  • Seat Belts in Chalk - Minor interior accent that follows the exterior color and I prefer chalk over grey belts
  • Smoking Package
Interior Leather
  • Porsche Crest on Headrest - Just because the seats look so good with it
Delivery
  • ED (Leipzig) - Should be a trip one must do at least once. TBD and may change to Stuttgart based on feedback re: winter months track experience.
The following users liked this post:
JHesketh (11-21-2019)
Old 11-20-2019, 11:20 AM
eagle1960
Rennlist Member

Received 214 Likes on 133 Posts

So, you haven't seen this??
https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1123...ome-on-in.html
Old 11-20-2019, 11:20 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,424 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Here is a similar thread you may want to check out: https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1123...ome-on-in.html
Old 11-20-2019, 10:06 PM
touringGT3
Pro

Originally Posted by eagle1960
Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Here is a similar thread you may want to check out: https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1123...ome-on-in.html
I actually have not seen that thread. Oops! It's 72 pages of goodness so will check that out instead. Thanks.
Old 11-20-2019, 10:23 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,424 Likes on 2,341 Posts

We have one going on the 991 Forum, which was quite helpful when I was waiting for my car.
Old 11-21-2019, 12:12 AM
touringGT3
Pro

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
We have one going on the 991 Forum, which was quite helpful when I was waiting for my car.
Agreed. I'm a new member here but was active in the Macan forum for a while and a similar thread really helped me out as well (ended up going over the top with options because of it). And now it starts all over again for my first 911. Thanks btw for not yelling at me for creating a new thread. LOL

Last edited by touringGT3; 11-21-2019 at 12:12 AM. Reason: typo

Quick Reply: NEW ORDERS Thread