Sponsored by:

Timing to Targa & Turbo/ Turbo S

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2019, 09:10 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 213 Posts
Default Timing to Targa & Turbo/ Turbo S

Hello all...Any cleaning lady rumours to opening up the order books on these...?
Old 10-27-2019, 11:33 AM
phefner
Rennlist Member

Received 708 Likes on 422 Posts

Turbo or GTS to be announced at L.A. auto show in November.
Old 10-27-2019, 04:19 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,503 Likes on 963 Posts

I figured it was coming-- been poking around on a 991 TTS but that may be a depreciation nightmare with 992 TT about to be released...

is this car keeping the 3.8 liter engine?? I assume it is:

wider front track
21" rears
sport exhaust added
8-speed PDK with start stop and maybe cylinder deactivation
higher pressure fuel injectors and different air intake
standard tungsten carbide coated brake rotors (maybe up to 390mm diameter) on TT
revised gear ratios for TT?
New front and rear fascias
Possible std LED matrix headlights
carbon fiber roof option
wonder about the turbo logo on the tach- how will that look??
New colors?
New wheels--
stiffer PASM
What about the compression ratio?? higher redline?

Guessing 570 hp for base TT.

What else??
Old 10-28-2019, 12:16 AM
frankchn
Pro

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by phefner
Turbo or GTS to be announced at L.A. auto show in November.
I am guessing the Turbo will be announced right before LA Auto Show.

Originally Posted by chance6
I figured it was coming-- been poking around on a 991 TTS but that may be a depreciation nightmare with 992 TT about to be released...

is this car keeping the 3.8 liter engine?? I assume it is:

wider front track
21" rears
sport exhaust added
8-speed PDK with start stop and maybe cylinder deactivation
higher pressure fuel injectors and different air intake
standard tungsten carbide coated brake rotors (maybe up to 390mm diameter) on TT
revised gear ratios for TT?
New front and rear fascias
Possible std LED matrix headlights
carbon fiber roof option
wonder about the turbo logo on the tach- how will that look??
New colors?
New wheels--
stiffer PASM
What about the compression ratio?? higher redline?

Guessing 570 hp for base TT.

What else??
It will probably have a 21/22" setup since the S has a 20/21" setup this time around.

https://www.motor1.com/news/372438/p...bo-spy-images/ shows how the "Turbo S" logo will look on the dash.
Old 10-28-2019, 02:37 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,335 Likes on 752 Posts

The 991 TT and TTS are already monsters on the road. I expect the 992 version to be even more so. Possibly a 4.0, staggered tire sizes, it will be a beautiful with a beautiful price. But I am betting will deliver exotic car numbers both in performance and pricing.
Old 10-28-2019, 02:50 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,503 Likes on 963 Posts

Originally Posted by Penn4S
The 991 TT and TTS are already monsters on the road. I expect the 992 version to be even more so. Possibly a 4.0, staggered tire sizes, it will be a beautiful with a beautiful price. But I am betting will deliver exotic car numbers both in performance and pricing.
If they go to the 4.0 TT the 991 TT folks will be in a mutiny over their depreciating assets. Fact is, it’s great marketing to go to the 4.0 TT for that exact reason.
Old 11-09-2019, 11:35 PM
cmb13
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Now that we have the Turbo S settled, how about the Targa?
Old 11-10-2019, 05:34 PM
jkautz
Burning Brakes

Received 347 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by cmb13
Now that we have the Turbo S settled, how about the Targa?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mot...spy-shots/amp/
Old 11-10-2019, 09:16 PM
markanth
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 28 Posts

Regarding the Targa announcement,

I did hear from a dealer that the 991.2 Targa may be ordered through the end of the year. He didn't say what happened beyond year end.

I have reviewed Nick Murray's Youtube video regarding various 992 release dates. Considering there was a bit of a hiccup in his release projections, regarding the base model rwd and s model rwd to be released together initially (turns out that the first release included both the s rwd and s awd), he projects that the TARGA will be late 2020 early 2021.

Having seen videos and pictures of the 992 Targa here and there of a rather completed car, it looks ready to be released. Having not seen or heard anything more definitive though, I'm afraid to say, that as Nick advises, we may very well have to wait for the announcement of the 992 Targa some 12 months or more from now. Then one would have to wait for shipment, custom orders and the omnipresent delay of the EPA in USA.

I'm thinking that the executives, and financial analysts at Porsche know when the Targa will be released and have included into their financial projections fy2021 and not fy2020. Theoretically, this would keep the sales numbers, consistently increasing, as the s and base would have already been out a while.

Porsche makes one drool a while until we finally say enough is enough, will this other model do?. Do we wait?

By the time, the Targa is released, I imagine we will see many more discounts on base and s models, and an array of used models perhaps, more tantalizing to budgets.

Wouldn't it be nice to just buy a model, that you could just drive as much as you like, and not worry about miles that you put on the car. When you have such a high valued depreciating asset, it makes you wonder what 992 model/version to buy. I remain open to buy and could venture into the s or base camp if the right discount on a new or USED appears. I think I might very well jump on it.

Regards, Mark

Last edited by markanth; 11-10-2019 at 09:22 PM. Reason: typo
Old 11-18-2019, 03:30 PM
markanth
Advanced

Default 992 Targa Release date

My thinking is that the Targa 992 is ready to roll right now (as they are keeping the same roof system basically).

However, if we followed the same formula for introduction of the 991, it would be released from Dec 2020 to Jan 2021; though this was for an entirely new roof system on the Targa.

Nonetheless, I think that the 992 Targa release is a decision based on:

-an introduction to keep the momentum going when the earlier releases have been out for a while and sales of these releases have flattened out from the initial spike upon introduction; and to help balance out sales for the financial analysts.

Furthermore, I wouldn't be surprised if we were to see a Spring 2020 release of the 992 Targa this time around.

I’ve been holding off on purchasing a 992 until all the variants that I’m interested in are available to select from- Base, S and Targa or if a certain opportunity presents itself that I go for.

Regards

Mark

Last edited by markanth; 11-19-2019 at 04:20 PM.
Old 11-19-2019, 01:19 PM
PopPorscheCherry
Advanced

Received 46 Likes on 14 Posts

According to Porsche... Only the Taycan 4S and Macan Turbo will be introduced at LA Auto show along w/ 99X Race. No signs of additional 992 variants as of yet.

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/2019...ric-19167.html
Old 11-19-2019, 02:45 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,270 Likes on 641 Posts

Originally Posted by PopPorscheCherry
According to Porsche... Only the Taycan 4S and Macan Turbo will be introduced at LA Auto show along w/ 99X Race. No signs of additional 992 variants as of yet.

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/2019...ric-19167.html
there was another announcement someplace that 718 Spyder would be there... (not that it solves the problem of this thread) which I believe is its first appearance on this side of the pond.
Old 11-19-2019, 06:06 PM
aCayenneFan
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by markanth
Regarding the Targa announcement,

I did hear from a dealer that the 991.2 Targa may be ordered through the end of the year. He didn't say what happened beyond year end.

I have reviewed Nick Murray's Youtube video regarding various 992 release dates. Considering there was a bit of a hiccup in his release projections, regarding the base model rwd and s model rwd to be released together initially (turns out that the first release included both the s rwd and s awd), he projects that the TARGA will be late 2020 early 2021.

Having seen videos and pictures of the 992 Targa here and there of a rather completed car, it looks ready to be released. Having not seen or heard anything more definitive though, I'm afraid to say, that as Nick advises, we may very well have to wait for the announcement of the 992 Targa some 12 months or more from now. Then one would have to wait for shipment, custom orders and the omnipresent delay of the EPA in USA.

I'm thinking that the executives, and financial analysts at Porsche know when the Targa will be released and have included into their financial projections fy2021 and not fy2020. Theoretically, this would keep the sales numbers, consistently increasing, as the s and base would have already been out a while.

Porsche makes one drool a while until we finally say enough is enough, will this other model do?. Do we wait?

By the time, the Targa is released, I imagine we will see many more discounts on base and s models, and an array of used models perhaps, more tantalizing to budgets.

Wouldn't it be nice to just buy a model, that you could just drive as much as you like, and not worry about miles that you put on the car. When you have such a high valued depreciating asset, it makes you wonder what 992 model/version to buy. I remain open to buy and could venture into the s or base camp if the right discount on a new or USED appears. I think I might very well jump on it.

Regards, Mark
That is news to a lot of folks. Specifically, which dealers have allocations for 991.2 Targas?
Old 11-19-2019, 06:30 PM
markanth
Advanced

Default continuing to make 991.2 Targa until the end of the year

"That is news to a lot of folks. Specifically, which dealers have allocations for 991.2 Targas?"

Sent: Sunday, September 22, 2019 2:44:17 PM
To: >
Subject: RE: Thank you for your inquiry

"There is no information on the Targa at this point and they are continuing to make 991.2 Targa until the end of the year."

Regards,
Mark
Old 11-19-2019, 08:54 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,434 Likes on 2,348 Posts

Originally Posted by markanth
"That is news to a lot of folks. Specifically, which dealers have allocations for 991.2 Targas?"

Sent: Sunday, September 22, 2019 2:44:17 PM
To: >
Subject: RE: Thank you for your inquiry

"There is no information on the Targa at this point and they are continuing to make 991.2 Targa until the end of the year."

Regards,
Mark
From what I know there are no more allocations and the cars the Targas they are still making are in fact sold, to customers or dealer that had allocations.

Quick Reply: Timing to Targa & Turbo/ Turbo S