Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does the 992 attract a lot of looks and attention?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 08:24 AM
darkknight26
Racer

Received 186 Likes on 71 Posts

The following 3 users liked this post by darkknight26:
chance6 (11-19-2019), markchristenson (11-18-2019), SantaFePorsche (11-19-2019)
Old 11-18-2019, 09:01 AM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,098 Likes on 2,995 Posts

Originally Posted by SillyGoose
There is basically no place to really enjoy a high performance car anymore on regular roads unless you live in a rural area...
I've been generous in treating you like an actual person asking sincere questions, but when you drop crap statements like the above, it's not clear to me that you actually have ever driven a car. I am going to go so far as asserting that you haven't on that comment alone. Heck, in another thread, you talked about getting a Lamborghini Huracan. Other than wasting everyone's time, I am not sure what's the point of your posts.

The following users liked this post:
jkautz (11-18-2019)
Old 11-18-2019, 09:23 AM
MarineDrive
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by detansinn
I've been generous in treating you like an actual person asking sincere questions, but when you drop crap statements like the above, it's not clear to me that you actually have ever driven a car. I am going to go so far as asserting that you haven't on that comment alone. Heck, in another thread, you talked about getting a Lamborghini Huracan. Other than wasting everyone's time, I am not sure what's the point of your posts.
Purpose: Attention! Look at me, listen to me!
Old 11-18-2019, 10:00 AM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MarineDrive
Purpose: Attention! Look at me, listen to me!
Yep, and he's not going to respond until school gets out.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:10 AM
SillyGoose
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

I guess I should rephrase my statement and say that there aren't really any places in a major metropolitan city where I can seriously enjoy driving a high performance sports car for its main intended purpose, which is to go fast often on long curvy stretches of road. What I said though was still a perfectly valid statement. Besides racing from stoplight to stoplight where I am, there just aren't any real places in the city I live in where someone could drive any other way before 10pm. My first posts on rennlist was me showing a couple of pictures of a 2015 base Cayman that I originally did drive in a small town. Most of my driving now occurs in bumper to bumper traffic and navigating large parking lots with lots of speed bumps. Getting a Huracan no longer appeals to me if its going to cost another 150k to put 28 inch rims on it.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:33 AM
Jkb545
Racer

Received 189 Likes on 96 Posts

Spoiler

Old 11-18-2019, 10:37 AM
Jkb545
Racer

Received 189 Likes on 96 Posts

Not sure about that “spoiler” line - I don’t know how to delete it.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:38 AM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I guess I should rephrase my statement and say that there aren't really any places in a major metropolitan city where I can seriously enjoy driving a high performance sports car for its main intended purpose, which is to go fast often on long curvy stretches of road. What I said though was still a perfectly valid statement. Besides racing from stoplight to stoplight where I am, there just aren't any real places in the city I live in where someone could drive any other way before 10pm. My first posts on rennlist was me showing a couple of pictures of a 2015 base Cayman that I originally did drive in a small town. Most of my driving now occurs in bumper to bumper traffic and navigating large parking lots with lots of speed bumps. Getting a Huracan no longer appeals to me if its going to cost another 150k to put 28 inch rims on it.
Having viewed your original posts and some of your more recent posts, I don't believe that you own that car. Right off the bat, you've only posted two pictures of the car. Just two pictures -- one shot being a distance shot at a gas station and another in a driveway... that's it, during the past five years, which strikes me as kind of odd. Can you post a recent picture of your Cayman with the day's newspaper or a recent magazine cover? Perhaps an interior shot holding the newspaper and the mileage on the car.

I had a friend that saw his own Lamborghini posted by someone else on Instagram where a kid had taken a bunch of pictures of his car and pretended that it was his. This apparently happens quite a bit. So, my skepticism here is grounded in experience.
Old 11-18-2019, 12:36 PM
krabman
Pro

Received 285 Likes on 143 Posts

Just to add something real here I've rented several exotics as well as some that are just a little bit expensive but not exotic like the F-Type R just to try them out. I'm a car guy and don't make Lambo money so it was the only way I could have a go at them, have the experience. Others of the less expensive variety I could or might purchase, an example would be the Panamera I own now which I bought after renting one at Enterprise. There were a few oddities in there, A Viper isn't exotic and would have been in my buying range but I never actually wanted one. It was however fun to rent in Vegas for a day to take out to the dam. I'll certainly keep doing it, I saw that Enterprise has an Aston Martin now and I'll certainly snag that one if it'a available the next time I'm in the need of a few days rental. One thing for sure, you will get the occasional comment from random folk and when you tell them you are just renting it because you wanted to check it out you most def get the "Oh! What's it like!?" question.
The following 2 users liked this post by krabman:
detansinn (11-18-2019), jto24 (11-18-2019)
Old 11-18-2019, 02:22 PM
SillyGoose
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Having viewed your original posts and some of your more recent posts, I don't believe that you own that car. Right off the bat, you've only posted two pictures of the car. Just two pictures -- one shot being a distance shot at a gas station and another in a driveway... that's it, during the past five years, which strikes me as kind of odd. Can you post a recent picture of your Cayman with the day's newspaper or a recent magazine cover? Perhaps an interior shot holding the newspaper and the mileage on the car.

I had a friend that saw his own Lamborghini posted by someone else on Instagram where a kid had taken a bunch of pictures of his car and pretended that it was his. This apparently happens quite a bit. So, my skepticism here is grounded in experience.
That just proves my point that I was trying to make in this thread. Even when I OWN the car and drive it all the time in real life, it is unbelievable that the car is mine, especially if it is a huracan. IF the driver appears under the age of 50, it just does not seem like it is his, and could be a rental or his parents. If I were to put 20 inch dub floaters on a 911, there would be no doubt that the car is owned by me and is not a rental.
Old 11-18-2019, 02:31 PM
soguinness
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 43 Posts

Not sure why that statement pissed you off. I thought it was pretty accurate for where I live (Seattle).
Old 11-18-2019, 02:43 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

That just proves my point that I was trying to make in this thread. Even when I OWN the car and drive it all the time in real life, it is unbelievable that the car is mine, especially if it is a huracan. IF the driver appears under the age of 50, it just does not seem like it is his, and could be a rental or his parents. If I were to put 20 inch dub floaters on a 911, there would be no doubt that the car is owned by me and is not a rental.
Seriously, if you bought a new Cayman five years ago, how young can you actually be that this is some kind of concern?
Why are you so worried what other people think? If you drive the car "all the time", people who know you will recognize the car as yours.
Dub spinners? WTH. Has it occurred to you that you could just put an Instagram decal up on the window? -- put to rest that it is somehow a rental if that's some kind of paranoia here.
Again, if you're doing this as some kind of "flex", a 911 is doing it wrong.

You're not a 16-17year old kid, right? You didn't buy that Cayman at 12. If you've been truthful, you're now in your late twenties and frankly, it isn't all that odd to see that demographic driving a 911. Nobody cares. If you've already owned a Porsche, as you have claimed, what's the issue?
Old 11-18-2019, 02:48 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,266 Likes on 638 Posts

I am going to get to the real point ive been trying to get at this whole time.
dude you've got to stop. some people keep buying in to your trolling but its not even funny. If you are going to troll, at least make it funny.
detansinn (11-18-2019)
Old 11-18-2019, 02:49 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by soguinness
Not sure why that statement pissed you off. I thought it was pretty accurate for where I live (Seattle).
Having driven them, there are beautiful roads in the Seattle area. If you're struggling to find some place fun to drive, download the "Roads" app from Porsche (see screenshot). There really are amazing roads everywhere to explore in this country.

mwlmd (11-18-2019)
Old 11-18-2019, 02:52 PM
jkautz
Burning Brakes

Received 347 Likes on 241 Posts

The following 2 users liked this post by jkautz:
SantaFePorsche (11-19-2019), SillyGoose (11-18-2019)

Quick Reply: Does the 992 attract a lot of looks and attention?