Sponsored by:

Resetting the TPMS - Tire Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2019, 01:41 AM
USC9114S
Intermediate

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Resetting the TPMS - Tire Question

Any help with how to reset the TPMS or should they reset/learn themselves?

I have the tire warning light “ON” along with a message indicating “Tire change detected. Update selection”. I’m assuming this is a result of the dealer removing the RS Spyders, painting them and reinstalling. Is there a step that was missed, or should the TPMS reset itself?

Also, any help with the following:

1). Selecting: Full Load Tire Pressure vs. Comfort Tire Pressure

2). Tire Type: Summer vs. UHP

Last edited by USC9114S; 11-14-2019 at 02:04 AM.
Old 11-14-2019, 04:09 AM
Osv
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by USC9114S
Any help with how to reset the TPMS or should they reset/learn themselves?

I have the tire warning light “ON” along with a message indicating “Tire change detected. Update selection”. I’m assuming this is a result of the dealer removing the RS Spyders, painting them and reinstalling. Is there a step that was missed, or should the TPMS reset itself?

Also, any help with the following:

1). Selecting: Full Load Tire Pressure vs. Comfort Tire Pressure

2). Tire Type: Summer vs. UHP
To reset just select the tires that are installed. As soon as you select (or reselect for that matter) the tire type, the system resets itself and starts looking for sensors.

Concerning your other questions:.
Full load only when fully loaded or for high speed runs (above 270kmph). Comfort for everything from daily driving to track use.
Tire type as installed. Currently there is no UHP available, so summer tire is the right choice.
Old 11-14-2019, 08:27 AM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,098 Likes on 2,995 Posts

It's super easy to do this from the PCM control screen. Select the rim and tire size and just go. If you change to a different type and quickly change back, it will relearn.
Old 11-14-2019, 01:21 PM
USC9114S
Intermediate

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Osv
To reset just select the tires that are installed. As soon as you select (or reselect for that matter) the tire type, the system resets itself and starts looking for sensors.

Concerning your other questions:.
Full load only when fully loaded or for high speed runs (above 270kmph). Comfort for everything from daily driving to track use.
Tire type as installed. Currently there is no UHP available, so summer tire is the right choice.

Thanks for the help. Switching between tire types allowed the system to reset and now it indicates “Learning”.

My vehicle came with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrical 3’s. Here are the tire choices available in the PCM...both Summer and UHP:

Old 11-14-2019, 02:19 PM
Osv
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by USC9114S
Thanks for the help. Switching between tire types allowed the system to reset and now it indicates “Learning”.

My vehicle came with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrical 3’s. Here are the tire choices available in the PCM...both Summer and UHP:

Yeah, the Goodyear is a regular summer tire. As of now there is no approved UHP available.
The selection references to the correct nominal tire pressure for displays, delta pressures and warning thresholds.

Quick Reply: Resetting the TPMS - Tire Question