Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Final specs - change my mind!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2019, 06:21 PM
Jerry991
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

I question if the high gloss trim on the side windows might be prone to scratching which would drive me crazy. I have adaptive cruise control on one of my cars and I have stopped using it as it is annoying - I think the adaptive also has that ugly camera in the middle of the grill. You should consider dropping some of the options and selecting ceramic brakes.
The following 2 users liked this post by Jerry991:
darkblack (11-07-2019), jkautz (11-07-2019)
Old 11-07-2019, 07:09 PM
ianmSC
Instructor

Received 86 Likes on 38 Posts

The 18-way seats are amazing, especially in the 992. If you're taller, the 18-way seats have the adjustable seat cushion that folds/extends out and gives you more leg support. They definitely sit lower than the 4-ways in my 991.2, but I'm not sure if that's due to a seat re-design or the 18-ways moving lower electronically. But I love the 18-way seats.

I also think the clear taillights look great, especially with Agate Grey. But that's personal preference.

Old 11-07-2019, 11:21 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,537 Likes on 5,061 Posts

Originally Posted by darkblack
Thanks mate

C2S

Is the 4-way & 18-way seat the exact same apart from the 14 extra contols in terms of shape and comfort? I originally added the 18-way but I read here how slow it is to move the seat fore/aft electronically to let someone get in the back. The price difference is significant and I thought 4-way would be enough. Is the extra controls necessary to get the best out of these seats, you think? I am also losing the memory function, I realize that.

The general concensus here on RL is that PDCC is unnecessary unless the car is meant to be taken on tracks, and that the standard control is plenty for regular use. Did I read that wrong?
Yeah I am used to LKA and LCA, not too keen on ACC but like you said it can't be specced without it. Also I would like to have the extra Speed Limit info that comes with this option.
Yes, you did.

The PDCC is actually not that important for track or AutoX use, which is why none of the GT cars (GT3, RS, GT2) come with PDCC, or even available as an option.
The following 2 users liked this post by ipse dixit:
darkblack (11-08-2019), jkautz (11-07-2019)
Old 11-07-2019, 11:49 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,098 Likes on 2,995 Posts

Having driven 911s with PDCC, I never viewed it as a necessary option. With SPASM, it seems especially unnecessary. I know that option list completionists love to spec it though.

I do have to say that I am glad that I got the 18 way seats. Sure, the 4 way and 14 way fit a lot of people, but the 18 way can be adjusted for basically anyone. On longer trips, it also gives you more stuff to change up.
The following 3 users liked this post by detansinn:
darkblack (11-08-2019), jkautz (11-07-2019), Stevelev (11-09-2019)
Old 11-07-2019, 11:50 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,098 Likes on 2,995 Posts

I am not a fan of the US Spec SD rear bumper. It’s very busy around the license plate with those little bumpers.
The following users liked this post:
darkblack (11-08-2019)
Old 11-08-2019, 08:14 AM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 452 Likes on 309 Posts

Thanks mate
The general concensus here on RL is that PDCC is unnecessary unless the car is meant to be taken on tracks, and that the standard control is plenty for regular use. Did I read that wrong?
Yeah I am used to LKA and LCA, not too keen on ACC but like you said it can't be specced without it. Also I would like to have the extra Speed Limit info that comes with this option.
That's what I thought too, till I bought my 911 with PDCC. To me, it seems that most opopinion on here are from guys who do not have PDCC.

And yes the speed limit display is nice to have, but it's not worth the thousands of dollars ACC costs, IMO. I'd rather run Waze for free.
darkblack (11-08-2019)
Old 11-08-2019, 08:56 AM
WCE
User

Received 188 Likes on 91 Posts
Exclamation

I had the 4-ways in my 991 - be aware you can't adjust the front of the seat height. Always felt a bit low to me and having manual seats in the car surprised most passengers as being really cheap!
Definitely recommend trying them out first.
The following 2 users liked this post by WCE:
darkblack (11-08-2019), detansinn (11-08-2019)
Old 11-08-2019, 10:53 AM
jkautz
Burning Brakes

Received 347 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by PCA1983
That's what I thought too, till I bought my 911 with PDCC. To me, it seems that most opopinion on here are from guys who do not have PDCC.

And yes the speed limit display is nice to have, but it's not worth the thousands of dollars ACC costs, IMO. I'd rather run Waze for free.
Most of the opinions are from those who have compared both. Like myself. PDCC is for SUV’s. The 911 chassis eliminates roll in PASM alone. PDCC is a money grab for Porsche. To top it off, those who feel it necessary, then have to blow $15k higher for the S to get 64HP.
Old 11-08-2019, 11:20 AM
Underblu
Banned

Received 575 Likes on 217 Posts

Sweet spec. Don’t forget, the 4 ways are lighter too,

Thanks mate

C2S

Is the 4-way & 18-way seat the exact same apart from the 14 extra contols in terms of shape and comfort? I originally added the 18-way but I read here how slow it is to move the seat fore/aft electronically to let someone get in the back. The price difference is significant and I thought 4-way would be enough. Is the extra controls necessary to get the best out of these seats, you think? I am also losing the memory function, I realize that.

darkblack (11-08-2019)
Old 11-08-2019, 12:05 PM
3point8
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

i would get the tach in red if the sport chrono is in red. great spec though
darkblack (11-08-2019)
Old 11-08-2019, 03:22 PM
darkblack
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks a lot guys, this is invaluable feedback. Based on all this info I am seriously considering switching to 18-way seat. PDCC I am still on the fence about, maybe I will try to demo a car equipped with it.
As for SD rear I tried to like it a lot, in fact when I first started building the specs I was really sure I was going to get it but I guess it just never grew on me. I also think its very busy around the plate area unless you debadge.
I am also considering ditching the deviated stitching and keeping just plain black with GR belts and (maybe!) SC dial.
Still on the fence about ACC, debadging and PORSCHE logo color. It might be psychological: my first 911 and I get it without the '911' on it?!? Haha its a personal thing. I'm sure some of you will agree.
Perhaps I will do this: PORSCHE in gloss black and 911 in gloss black. Thoughts?
Can anyone tell me if Guards Red would look better or Bordeaux Red, for seat belts?

Old 11-08-2019, 03:27 PM
jkautz
Burning Brakes

Received 347 Likes on 241 Posts

Thanks a lot guys, this is invaluable feedback. Based on all this info I am seriously considering switching to 18-way seat. PDCC I am still on the fence about, maybe I will try to demo a car equipped with it.
As for SD rear I tried to like it a lot, in fact when I first started building the specs I was really sure I was going to get it but I guess it just never grew on me. I also think its very busy around the plate area unless you debadge.
I am also considering ditching the deviated stitching and keeping just plain black with GR belts and (maybe!) SC dial.
Still on the fence about ACC, debadging and PORSCHE logo color. It might be psychological: my first 911 and I get it without the '911' on it?!? Haha its a personal thing. I'm sure some of you will agree.
Perhaps I will do this: PORSCHE in gloss black and 911 in gloss black. Thoughts?
Can anyone tell me if Guards Red would look better or Bordeaux Red?
I tried to like the SD rear as well, had the same conclusion as you in terms of the small "bumperette" that is used to mount the plate in the U.S.

If not for the small plate in the U.S., I would have gone with it.

I think you've got a great build. I like the blacked out PORSCHE on the rear to blend in with the black tail pipes & "911" badge.

darkblack (11-08-2019)
Old 11-08-2019, 03:31 PM
darkblack
Instructor

Another interior options is this:

Old 11-08-2019, 03:41 PM
darkblack
Instructor

Originally Posted by jkautz
I tried to like the SD rear as well, had the same conclusion as you in terms of the small "bumperette" that is used to mount the plate in the U.S.

If not for the small plate in the U.S., I would have gone with it.

I think you've got a great build. I like the blacked out PORSCHE on the rear to blend in with the black tail pipes & "911" badge.
Thanks mate, its growing on me as well! Cheers.
Old 11-08-2019, 03:58 PM
darkblack
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jerry991
You should consider dropping some of the options and selecting ceramic brakes.
Whats the advantage over regular brakes other than keeping the rims brake-dust free and awesome braking power, I assume? Do I really NEED PCCBs on a DD?

Quick Reply: Final specs - change my mind!